“Underrated!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Bronx
Waldorf, Maryland
“Underrated!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We arrived to the hotel, 3 hours early. The front desk manager, Zee, was helpful. He let us check in early, won't NO extra fee. We were able to get settled in and off to city the city early. No complaints here; room was clean and the rest of the staff was helpful.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed here last week and I came back to my room to find that my iPad was stolen. The Hotel did not want to take any responsibility. On top of this the room and hotel were dirty, we found a rat in our room! If this is not enough, we also had people knock on our door at night selling drugs!!

We filed police reports and reported all of the above to the Hotel front desk. We are trying to contact the corporate office but cannot find a phone number or any contact information.

Room Tip: Dont choose a room!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank noe c

Travelers are raving about these Bronx hotels

Villalba, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at Sheridan Hotel for 3 days (September 2013) for a Family Reunion Party at NYC. If you see the Hotel Website it looks awesome. But when you see it at person; wow its horrible. The Staff at the Front Desk aren't responsible. No interpersonal skills. They didn't tell me where was the breakfast room. The carpets are dirty. My room (205) wasn't clean. No vacuum was pass before my arrival. The smell was horrible. The elevator wasn't clean. At the bathrooms wall it had a spot (dot) that it looked like Blood. I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. For the 3 days of my stay I had to go 3 times to the front desk to verify my door key because it didn't work. In my 3 days I didn't have room service to clean and I had to go personal to change my towels. It was a bad experience ($170 per night) the room was too small for 2 queen beds. Too small. I sent an email to the management team at Sheridan and I didn't receive a respond.

Room Tip: Do not stay at Sheridan Hotel Bronx, New York
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Abisai V
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

The employee zee was very nice he joked around with us and we felt extremely comfortable. The room was clean and tidy the breakfast was descent all types of foods to choose from. And thep rices were cheap and I definately plan to come again.

• Stayed November 2012
HCMC, Vietnam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We spent a week here. Check-in was extremely slow but we didn't give up and eventually got to our room. The room was comfortable. The hotel is a budget 2 star so don't expect more. Some of the staff at reception are clueless but none-the-less display confidence in the wrong information provided. Good parking facilities and breakfast although some guests rifled the breakfast facilities to take to their rooms, this was just annoying. The perspex security panel at Reception indicates a risk that we did not, thankfully, encounter. After a week we were happy to leave and will never return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I'd read the reviews and figured... how bad could it be? We are not fancy travelers. We went expecting sort of a "motel 6" expereince. Motel 6 would make this place look like the Waldorf Asotria. It was horrible.

The fact that the check in desk has plexiglass panels protecting the clerks was a little scary. We got our key and quickly went to our room. We should have been warned by the hallway that greeted us as we stepped off the elevator. FILTHY carpeting - -huge, gross stains, dingy wall coverings. We opened the door to the room and thought - - ok, maybe it's ok (bed looked and felt fine) But then I looked at the carpeting. While not as horribly stained as the hall, it clearly had not been vacuumed after the last guest. No closet to hang clothes in, just a cheap kmart pressed wood "wardrobe", with missing doors and no hangers. One of the bedside lamps would not turn on. My husband unplugged it, brought it to the other side of the bed and plugged it in there and it worked, so we decided to place it back where it was and use the long cord to connect to the socket on the other side. Had to pull the bed out a bit to run the cord. OMG - - the grime on top of the baseboard was an inch thick. Every piece of furniture and decor was stained, scratched, broken or worn out in some way. It made us feel grimy. The bathroom was clean, however, or we would not have stayed.

There are not too many hotel choices in the Bronx, and we arrived too late to go out searching for something else. Do yourself a favor and reserve elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank northforker
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I spent the weekend at the Sheridan in the Bronx and it was absolutely lovely. The staff were sincere and polite. My room was clean and warm..I completely love the amenities.. Free toothpaste toothbrush, continential breakfast, coffee cups. Ice..Plenty of towels in the bathroom..The water steaming hot. They call you a cab when you are ready to leave..
Free cable..THE PRICE FOR THESE SERVICES IS WONDERFULLY INSANE....I slept like a newborn baby in their beds...I am going to make it my business to go there again. I was in room 412..

Room Tip: All their rooms are wonderful whether its smoking or non-smoking
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo