“Highly recommend”

Sheridan Hotel
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Bronx
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

In my opinion, the Sheridan Hotel is the best place to stay in the Bronx, New York. It's convenient to local attractions, highways, restaurants and Manhattan. It's quiet at night. The staff is very friendly and polite. Especially Zee, the front desk clerk. Zee is very knowledgeable of the local areas and attractions. The rooms are "cozy" and very clean. Each room has flat screen tvs, microwaves & refrigerators. The Sheridan also offers continental breakfast, an exercise room, wifi and a internet ready computer, that's available to its guests. The only thing that I would add to the Sheridan is an ATM. Other than that, I was very satisfied with my visit. - Raja -

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Decided to stay here because the price was good and it was near to where I needed to be in the Bronx. WHen we arrived I could already tell that it was nothing like what I expected. The front desk guy was good. Very causal unlike most hotels I have stayed. First time I ever saw workers in regular clothes but ok. I can dig that. The lobby needs some serious renovation and a spray down. It was also the first time I ever saw a front desk attendant behind a bullet proof window. Its the Bronx so I guess that was ok. We called in earlier to find out if we can get a room on the 4th floor but they forgot to tell us that the 4th and 3rd floor were smoking rooms. Very disappointed in the lack of communication. Anyways, when we got to our room I thought the room was robbed. Most of the pillows were missing. Other than that it was tolerable. I guess they are still doing renovations on the rooms since some of the counters had new wood placed in.

I would recommend this place if all you are going is staying for one night on the highest floor. Other than that just stay in Manhattan and pay the money. At least you won't have to worry about your safety.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Very good hotel for the price and location.The location was excellent coz i couldnt find anywhere close to NYC which had free parking except for new jersey. The rooms were clean and house keeping was regular and the staff were generally nice. You need to drive to be in this hotel because of its location. Not very safe if you use public transport at night around the area. I will recommend it to anyone looking to drive round nyc on a budget.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Greeted with a smile From Sally at Front desk as soon as I arrived, Sally ,Z and Sunny were outstanding, they went above and beyond to help me and and my Friends. Breakfast was wonderful rooms were great.. I strongly " recommend" This Hotel. The Staff here are top notch right from the friendly efficient front desk people to the room service folks. The rooms were very clean and I will always stay here when in Bronx. Kudos to whoever hired such staff...Enjoyed The stay Will stay again for sure..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bronx, New York
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is by far a great Hotel in the Bronx, coming from a resident who has been living in the bronx for years, its a great place to get away from everything. Its in a very quiet location. Service is all out great, no one bothers you at all. Its a great environment to be in. Zee at the front desk is a very friendly staff member, funny, well presented and always willing to help you with any problems. I would highly recommend Sheridan Hotel to anyone that is finding a good location in the Bronx with a very clean hotel and room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife was there last weekend for the long weekend .The girl at the front desk was really sweet took care of us .this was our first time in newyork but we were glad to start of in a good hotel ,before we left we got yo meet sunny what a pleasant guy ,thank you for the great hospitality that you guys gave us.

• Stayed May 2013
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel was a horrible experience!! This was my second time in NY and we decided to stay in the Bronx because of the price and because it "seemed" to be in a good neighborhood but THAT WAS A TERRIBLE IDEA! We flew into JFK and we told the cab where our hotel was and he repeatedly told us to be careful if we were out at night. Being that we come from LA we didn't think it could be that bad but were we in for a huge surprise! At our arrival the lobby smelled like stale cigarettes and there was a bit of a wait to check-in. As we waited various people came in asking for rooms for a couple hours, and immediately we knew that the cab guy was right. Finally we got to check in and i asked for a room on the highest floor possible and the lady at the front was rude and said there were none available. Finally we got the first room and we went in to scope out the room and immediately we noticed that the window did not lock. We were on the 1st floor so when we were out people would have open access to our belongings. Immediately we went to the front and requested to be placed into a new room and they just moved us down the hall. being in this new room we checked everything and it was ok in comparison to the other room. finally it was so late that we didn't want to go out since we had been warned and had heard the crazy stories about gypsy cabs. That's when the loudest imaginable sound started coming from upstairs and the front desk did NOTHING after we let them know repeatedly. Also, there were a group of construction workers in the parking lot drinking alcohol heavily and causing a ruckus that did not allow us to sleep our jet lag off. finally we decided to change our reservation from 3 nights there to 1 in order to be able to enjoy the city to the fullest extent. Honestly stay away from here if you can!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple