“Lucky I found you”

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Bronx
Patterson, New York
“Lucky I found you”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Because of Hurricane Sandy I wasn’t able to stay at the usual hotel I normally stay. I was lucky to find some vacancy on this one. One of the managers (Zee) greeted me. All the staff was friendly, place was clean and the price was just right. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Contact Zee
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank crashforever

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Zee is awesome, even though he calls me Nicole, lol. Only he will understand that. He always make me feel at home when I there. Bronx best kept secret.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Sonay C
Bronx, New York
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This was my first time staying at this hotel, And believe me it won't be the last time! When I heard it was in the Bronx I did not feel comfortable, But it is not what it seems, The price was affordable, the room was clean, And if I did not know any better, I would say the room was recently renovated. The staff was nine, specially Zee. He is the best worker you will find at the front desk of the hotel!! Will go back again and Tell all my family members and friends to go to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kay J
Harlingen, Texas
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 weekends one during the hurricane sandy and one last weekend.We found very professional staff including the manager who happens to be a person from my professional background who joined this hotel few months back doing a very good job . All other staff was very courteous and helpful during our stay . We loved all the facilities at the hotel especially their sumptuous breakfast which was served every day by a professional staff. Bottom line we enjoyed our stay with family and deffinitely will recommend our family and friends to stay at this hotel on thier next visit .

Room Tip: We stayed by the Bronx River Side rooms which was quite and has a very good view.-
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rachel M
Bronx, New York
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed for three days and was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and staff attention to detail. The neighborhood did not present a problem for me, I saw no hulking figures in the dark and the parking lot is well lit. I would recommend this hotel for short stays and overnighters.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend and wasn't wow'd. The room is a decent size but the bathroom is small. The room we stayed had just a shower but no tub and the was no room to place items so we had to store our toothbrushes and hair products in the room. The wi-fi is ok, it would keep kicking us off. The walls are thin so we heard everyone talking in the hall and the neighboring rooms. We stayed in a room that faced the expressway so there was noise from that but wasn't too bad. There was a few decor issue with the room. The shower was surrounded by wallpaper that was peeling from the steam of the shower. The floors had dips and I would always trip when I walked on it. The carpet was ok, some parts were patched. The TV didn't have basic cable and select DirectTV channels which was disappointing. The bed was extra firm so I always woke up with a aching neck and back.

I gave this hotel 2 stars out of 5 simply because the price is reasonable but the customer service SUCKS! The woman at the desk rolled her eyes whenever we asked a question and gave us attitude when she asked us for a credit card to charge up front.

I would not recommend this hotel because I felt I did not get my money worth given the location and size of the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
London
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here in October 2012 with my wife, daughter and Mother-In-Law. We had two rooms on the 2nd floor.
The good points were free parking with plenty of spaces, free Wi-Fi and the rooms were relatively spacious.
Bad points as a previous reviewer stated the edge of the carpets have not been cleaned for months, possibly years. There is a large built up of dust that could be cleaned with the correct nozzle for the hoover.
Noise: Although the area is not too noisy the other guests are extremely selfish. Returning from nights out at 3:30am slamming doors and talking loudly as they roam the corridors looking for their rooms. We even had a family opposite cooking a family meal for 10 in their room that left the whole floor smelling strongly of curry, didn't help that they left their door open to share the delights with everyone.
All-in-all though we stayed a week and we got what we paid for, the beds were comfortable and the maid service efficient. And I suppose it's pot luck with other guests.

Room Tip: Go for the second floor, First and forth suffer the most from noise from late night parties in rooms...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family