“An Affordable Gem In The Bronx”
Review of Sheridan Hotel

Sheridan Hotel
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Bronx
Bronx, New York
“An Affordable Gem In The Bronx”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed for three days and was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and staff attention to detail. The neighborhood did not present a problem for me, I saw no hulking figures in the dark and the parking lot is well lit. I would recommend this hotel for short stays and overnighters.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend and wasn't wow'd. The room is a decent size but the bathroom is small. The room we stayed had just a shower but no tub and the was no room to place items so we had to store our toothbrushes and hair products in the room. The wi-fi is ok, it would keep kicking us off. The walls are thin so we heard everyone talking in the hall and the neighboring rooms. We stayed in a room that faced the expressway so there was noise from that but wasn't too bad. There was a few decor issue with the room. The shower was surrounded by wallpaper that was peeling from the steam of the shower. The floors had dips and I would always trip when I walked on it. The carpet was ok, some parts were patched. The TV didn't have basic cable and select DirectTV channels which was disappointing. The bed was extra firm so I always woke up with a aching neck and back.

I gave this hotel 2 stars out of 5 simply because the price is reasonable but the customer service SUCKS! The woman at the desk rolled her eyes whenever we asked a question and gave us attitude when she asked us for a credit card to charge up front.

I would not recommend this hotel because I felt I did not get my money worth given the location and size of the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
London
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here in October 2012 with my wife, daughter and Mother-In-Law. We had two rooms on the 2nd floor.
The good points were free parking with plenty of spaces, free Wi-Fi and the rooms were relatively spacious.
Bad points as a previous reviewer stated the edge of the carpets have not been cleaned for months, possibly years. There is a large built up of dust that could be cleaned with the correct nozzle for the hoover.
Noise: Although the area is not too noisy the other guests are extremely selfish. Returning from nights out at 3:30am slamming doors and talking loudly as they roam the corridors looking for their rooms. We even had a family opposite cooking a family meal for 10 in their room that left the whole floor smelling strongly of curry, didn't help that they left their door open to share the delights with everyone.
All-in-all though we stayed a week and we got what we paid for, the beds were comfortable and the maid service efficient. And I suppose it's pot luck with other guests.

Room Tip: Go for the second floor, First and forth suffer the most from noise from late night parties in rooms...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Room was clean & seemed to be recently renovated. Sheets were nice and bed was comfortable. Strong WiFi signal throughout my 2 night stay. Common areas of the hotel seemed somewhat beat-up, but that doesn't really concern me. The biggest drawback was the area. Located in a low-income urban neighborhood. I personally never once feared for my safety, but I would not have stayed at this hotel with my family. Overall I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ryan L
Albany
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I had Room 115 where the check-in desk clerk can observe through a hallway door when I enter and exit my room. I and the clerk exchanged glances when I came out of my room to get something from my car. When I retuned from my car, the clerk was engaged with a guest so he did not see me return. Five minutes after entering my room, the clerk used a special key to also enter my room, presumably thinking that I was still out. when I came out of the bathroom and aked him why he was entered my room without my permission he said he was very sorry and was just inspecting the room. The clerk, an Indian Guy who said his name was "Z", had obviously tried to burglarize my room

Room Tip: I had Room 115 where the check in desk clerk can observe when I enter and exit my room. I and the cl...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Unclewilson
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I recently visited nyc and was lucky to come across The Sheridan Hotel. I read numerous reviews about this hotel and to me all the negative reviews werent true. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel the staff was truly helpful and answered ever question I asked with honesty(considering this was my first visit to The Bronx I had alot of questions). I didnt really know the area so I stayed in at night(which the hotel staff advised me to do so),i had my food delivered to the hotel,the room was perfect nice and clean,the king bed was amazing and comfortable,the linens and towels were crisp clean,the bathroom was nice and clean and I loved the wall mounted flat screen t.v with direct.v. I will be in NYC again and this hotel is definently where I will be staying....

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Lala212
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Let me say first, if I visit The Bronx, New York again, I would stay here again. 5 minute walk to subway station. 5 minute walk to small commercial district. Mostly clean, new fixtures and furniture. Fridge, microwave, coffee maker in room. Responsive staff. Very good breakfast selection. The hotel appears to have been remodeled by an unlicensed contractor or something. It lacks any sound proofing, and there is water hammer whenever someone flushes the toilet or takes a shower (this almost made me deduct another point). Nice clean rooms, but they need to get an edge cleaning vacuum tool for the carpet, and steam clean the hallways. Everything worked, new sheets and towels.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any quiet rooms without the sound of water-hammer from the plumbing.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank treborsf
Henry B, General Manager at Sheridan Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
We appreciate your positive commentss about your stay at our property. We constantly strive to make sure our guests are happy and come back to stay with us. Thank you, and we hope that you will come and stay with us on your next visit to Bronx.