“Better than I expected....”
Review of Sheridan Hotel

Sheridan Hotel
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Bronx
“Better than I expected....”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I recently visited nyc and was lucky to come across The Sheridan Hotel. I read numerous reviews about this hotel and to me all the negative reviews werent true. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel the staff was truly helpful and answered ever question I asked with honesty(considering this was my first visit to The Bronx I had alot of questions). I didnt really know the area so I stayed in at night(which the hotel staff advised me to do so),i had my food delivered to the hotel,the room was perfect nice and clean,the king bed was amazing and comfortable,the linens and towels were crisp clean,the bathroom was nice and clean and I loved the wall mounted flat screen t.v with direct.v. I will be in NYC again and this hotel is definently where I will be staying....

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Lala212

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Let me say first, if I visit The Bronx, New York again, I would stay here again. 5 minute walk to subway station. 5 minute walk to small commercial district. Mostly clean, new fixtures and furniture. Fridge, microwave, coffee maker in room. Responsive staff. Very good breakfast selection. The hotel appears to have been remodeled by an unlicensed contractor or something. It lacks any sound proofing, and there is water hammer whenever someone flushes the toilet or takes a shower (this almost made me deduct another point). Nice clean rooms, but they need to get an edge cleaning vacuum tool for the carpet, and steam clean the hallways. Everything worked, new sheets and towels.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any quiet rooms without the sound of water-hammer from the plumbing.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank treborsf
Henry B, General Manager at Sheridan Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
We appreciate your positive commentss about your stay at our property. We constantly strive to make sure our guests are happy and come back to stay with us. Thank you, and we hope that you will come and stay with us on your next visit to Bronx.
Jeju, South Korea
Reviewed May 30, 2012

It took a while to find the hotel, true very small sign and the customer service sucks but its new york, get use to it :) breakfast is a joke frozen egg and patties in a fridge that you have to heat, no breakfast attendant. BUT its cheap for NYC and close to the 6 which is at whitlock a block away. Flat screen, comfortable bed, clean, plenty of free parking...sold.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nett J
Florence, MA
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We wanted to find someplace to stay near Yankee Stadium. It was not easy to find. Thank goodness for GPS. When we found the address there was nothing to indicate that the building was a hotel; no sign of any sort. There was one over the front door but that was not visable until you pulled into the lot. The person at the desk was fine. We went to our non smoking room and the hallway reeked of smoke. The beds were hard as rocks. The room and bath were clean, thank goodness. The price was included breakfast (we paid 100. plus the 19. NYC fees) which was OK, It was fine for one night, but I don't plan to stay there again.

1 Thank Hamphoops12
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I am the type of person who reads and reads about a hotel before staying especially when you have a family. We wanted to stay in the Bronx as we spend most of our stay there. It wasnt much of a choice of hotels. There was myself, husband and my 4 year old daughter.

We arrived at 1:30am and were a little worried about the area it looked scary and loud. The hotel is located on the Expressway. It was very easy to find as long as you have a GPS ( but thats like anything in NYC) There was plenty of free parking and it was well lit up. There was no drug dealers and no prostitues anywhere near the hotel.

I was greeted by the friendly front end clerk with a hello and a fast check in. There is a elevator which worked as we were located on the 2nd floor. We were in room #212 which had a king size bed, fridge, microwave and tv. They had direct tv for your convience that worked and didnt have to pay extra, they also have a good wifi connection free of charge for your convience. The room was a little small but was good for our size family. It was facing towards the train and we did not hear any noise from the train or the Xpresway.

The washroom was clean, well maintained, the bed was comfortable, and the pillows were nice. There were no bugs, no bedbugs, or any rodents.

There is a free breakfast, that smelled great I believe waffles were being served, but we are from Canada and really wanted to eat IHOP (lol) They have vending machine, but couldnt find the ice machine but tbh I didnt realy look.

There isnt much late night dining or anything in walking distance, but when we had a popped tire we went downstairs and asked where we should order some food from. The gave us some menu's and we ordered Papa John's, which was fast and good especially for the price.

Checkout was quick and easy.

The only thing that was a problem, is that down the hall there were some people that were smoking in their room ( we are smokers) but it bothered us as the smell was coming into the room.

Besides that people were friendly, I like going to the Bronx, I would and will stay there again, was very happy with their service and would recommend them. Dont bother paying the high price hotels that charge you for parking if your planning on spending most of your time in The Bronx.

I give this a 4 star rating, for the price, location, extras, maybe not for the look, or classiness but for everything else.

3 Thank LoriS1983
Nykoping, Sweden
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Booked a room thro expedia in this hotel. But when i arrived there, the front desk person told the room is not available. No explanations nothing. He just left.. Extremely poor attitude...

Anyone should stay from this hotel

3 Thank Krishna R
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I stay at the Bronx Inn with my honey for our romantic weekend getaways. The room is clean and fully updated with all the amendities and there is free breakfast! It is close enough to the city so we usually take the 6 train downtown and enjoy the nightlife, then come back to the cozy room and snuggle. I would recommend this hotel. Great rates and a good night's sleep.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple