WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Bronx
Minneapolis
“Not as advertised”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This site is in the Bronx, but is NOT "across" from Yankee Stadium - you will need to hire a car or walk the 1.75 miles through a very rough area to get to stadium. Out the back of this property is an auto recycling center (read: junk yard) but the property itself is clean, secure and well-cared for. Site Manager is excellent - will do everything she can to assist you and meet all of your needs.

The Bronx is not Queens or Staten Island - has a dominant Latin American blue collar (or no collar) setting. English is a second language in this section of NYC, and you need to have your mind prepared - this is a very rough area. If you are touring ballparks, yes, this is going to be the stadium in the roughest area of the toughest city -- by far. But this property will make you comfortable for your stay --- just good luck with that GPS getting around!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Anne S
Nik G, Owner at Days Inn Bronx Near Stadium, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Hi Anne,

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, but didn't find the Bronx up to your standards. I would like to respond to a few items from your review:

-The walk from our hotel to the stadium is exactly 1 mile. You'll pass by a middle school, a lovely children's playground, a really cool graffiti/art installation, newly built apartment buildings, a pet supply store, etc. All the things you'd come to expect from an area that is being revitalized. Please see the following confirm: http://goo.gl/maps/QHGtf

-What does "No Collar" mean? I understand blue collar, like say "The Blue Collar Comedy Tour", but not "No Collar". If that's a knock on the fact that the hotel isn't on Fifth Avenue, or that the locals are hard working, then it's in very poor taste.

Regards,
Nik and The Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cheshire, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was in town for the Memorial Day Weekend, visiting my brother during his hospitalization at New York Presbyterian - Columbia University in Washington Heights. I was staying in Queens, and I needed to extend my time in the city with my brother. At the last minute, I was able to get into the Days Inn through Hotwire.com, and the only issue at hand was logistical. I needed to leave my hotel by LGA and come to the Bronx in the morning, because I had business meetings I needed to attend to before going back to the hospital. So I called the hotel and spoke to a terrific, very accommodating woman , explaining my situation to her and asking if there was any place within the hotel where I could work prior to being able to check in. She not only had a solution for me - she had a GREAT solution for me! She basically arranged to have a room ready for me to check in by 9:30 in the morning - absolutely incredible! And, sure enough, when I arrived, a room was ready, I checked in, and was able to take care of business before returning to the hospital. The next day, when I had to check out and return to Connecticut, they let me stay an extra hour so I could handle another meeting that was a time challenge! Look - it's not fancy, but it's in a great location, with ease of access to Yankee Stadium and Upper Manhattan, it's clean, it's comfortable, it's safe, and the staff is fantastic! You can be absolutely sure that I will stay at the Days Inn again - my thanks to the management and staff for their kindness!

Room Tip: There's a little strip mall 3 blocks southeast of the hotel on W. 163rd St. behind a BP station...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Bob-A_from_CT
Hi Bob,

I think this is the most thorough review of the hotel and the area around our hotel that I've ever read!

Thanks for all of the thoughts and tips for future travelers.

I hope to have you back at the property soon!

-Nik and the Team
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

The front desk help was extremely great and they went above and beyond to help out which was nice!The room was small and not much to it but it suited our needs for the two nights we stayed.If we were to come back to see a game we would stay here again due to the friendly staff!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank bmmoff
Hello,

Thanks for the positive feedback. We hope you come back for a game next year, not just because the Yanks are going to win a World Series, but because we plan on freshening up the property by:

-Installing new carpeting and wallpaper in the guest rooms and hallways
-Upgrading some of the rooms to "Days Inn Business Place" rooms. They have a few added amenities
-A complete overhaul of what we offer for our DayBreak Breakfast offerings
-A new iBusiness Center (we're still working on the details of that)

You'll still receive the free Wifi, free HBO, free DayBreak Breakfast, and free local phone calls you've come to enjoy at our property.

We all hope to see you soon!