“Missed the mark”

Days Inn Bronx Near Stadium
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Bronx
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Room was clean and comfy. Advertised smoke free room, well when the hall is filled with the smell of cigarettes and other smoking materials it enters the room through I'll fitting door. Maybe all smoke free should be on one floor. The neighbors came in about 3:00 am we're so loud coming down hall we thought we were under siege. So loud when the got to thier room(next door) thought we should call police, since security down stairs obviously couldn't hear or didn't care. Second night was much quieter. Staff was apologetic. Would consider staying here again, but not sure. Would have been a five had it not been for the super loud vulgar language of people in next room.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was the second time I stayed at this hotel and I was extremely satisfied both times! The hotel is clean and the staff is very helpful and polite. I highly recomment this hotel to anyone staying in the Bronx area. The price is fair too.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Anthony F
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Super close to Yankee Stadium. The room was very clean as well as the hallways and lobby. Staff is very courteous and helpful. Nice fitness room (very clean as well) and continental breakfast with fresh fruit, bagels and muffins. Has parking on site which is convenient, no need to park in the street. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable as well, slept like a baby at night. All in all it's the best bang for the buck that I've found in the Bronx! I would recommend this hotel to friend coming into town for a game, work, or even just a night of rest while passing thru. See you next time I'm in the Bronx!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Very clean and compact hotel with a small parking lot but free parking. The breakfast was just cereal, muffins etc but not bad for a free city breakfast. Seeing the clerk behind glass made us nervous that the area may be unsafe but we had no problems and felt very confident in our safety (granted were always in before late at night). In the morning we had no problems walking to the nearest north rail station (2 blocks away) and the subway at Yankee stadium (1 mile away). This location was very convinient with transportation so close it was much better than driving into Manhattan.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank JWhyJ
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Hotel was close to Yankee Stadium. The parking was tight, only offering very small spaces and limited spots for cars. Inside the hotel was pleasant but not upscale, as one might expect from the more than $200 a night room. The room showed wear, such as paint chipping off lamps, scratches on furniture, and wallpaper pealing. The bed is my main concern in any hotel-- when I pulled backbthe bedspread here, I saw several random black hairs on the white sheets. Not sure if head hair or hair from elsewhere!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. If you want a change from Manhattan come here. Free parking and close to Yankee Stadium.
Alisva Pabellon gave me the best service and made sure all my questions were answered and saw to all my needs.
I will come back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank arlinejoy
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Well before I went to New York my friend said he stayed at the Bronx and it was a safer area. Unfortunately he actually said Brooklyn, and I misheard the Bronx... so we stayed at the Bronx.

We walked to the subway and ran into a couple of police officers who said don't walk out late at night in the Bronx. Anyway, the Bronx has a nice zoo.

All in all... we walked into the hotel and saw glass between the clerks and customers... made us feel why do they need that if it's safe.

The staff was helpful, the breakfast however, was the worst I have ever seen.

Actually I am lowering my score from 3 to a 2/5.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple