“AWFUL!!!! PLEASE READ”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Bronx
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“AWFUL!!!! PLEASE READ”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I'm not sure what year the people with good reviews stayed here, but March2012 I stayed here and it was awful, the room I was assigned had chicken crumbs in after I saw the people with the chicken check out, had blood spots in the BLANKET AND SHEETS, rust and blood spots. the bathroom was disgusting, they had no clean washcloths or towles, when i asked for new ones they were no better. when I asked for a new room I had the same problem, dental floss sticks were found in a suppose to be clean bed, it was made up under the sheets, burn marks in the sheets, bathroom again was just nasty. housekeeping was unmarked, pubic hair was stuck in the washcloth, and in the bed. myself and my partner slept in or clothes cause we were afraid to sleep on the bare sheets went to get ice machine the ice bucket was nasty. brown spots all over it.... It remind me of a motel 6, but motel 6 might have been better in this case.... people just walking in and out, late night traffic like 4am people checking out and in.... this was the worst hotel experience. this room cost me 300.00 dollars for me to have to purchase my own towles and washcloths, listen to people have sex, afraid to sleep on the sheets etc..... I'm not usually the one who post comments i leave that for my partner but my trip was started off on the wrong NOTE!!!!!

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank prettieunique

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 16, 2012

The Days Inn is a wonderful place to stay for the whole family we stayed here for 4 nights totally recommended the beds are awesome and alot of pillows very clean comfortable the continental breakfeast is nice and fresh from 6am, good way to start the day. I'ts has a warm complementary breakfast; I would recamend the DAYS INN to anyone for a nice get away.

Room Tip: i stay room 202
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wendm0412
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2012

This is a Days Inn close to Yankee stadium! It's clean and comfortable, the staff were very helpful with directions to many close by attractions. My wife and I and my three daughters stayed for a weekend, down from Canada. We were visiting relatives in the area. My wife can be tough on places her expectations are pretty high. But this place passed the test.

I don't where that crazy guy stayed, he sounded confused to me!

Clean place! No bed bugs! No surprises, it's a Days Inn!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ASavedra_12
Mississauga
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Don't be fooled by the area, it seems like a sketchy area but it's safe to walk, even at night. We stayed from 30 Dec - 1 Jan and had no problems walking anywhere, even late night. The hotel is a basic no frills place. Rooms were basic but very big, clean and comfortable. Short walk to Yankee Stadium to catch the D train into times square, or if you don't want to walk, catch the Bx41 Bus from the hotel to 149th/3rd station and take train #2 into Times Square. Either way takes about 40 mins total. Hotel Staff are helpful and will give you any advice on how to get where you need to go.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the main road are noisier
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chillier76
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Compared to other Days Inns I have stayed at, this place would have rated poor, but because I have stayed at several other "chain" hotels in this section of the Bronx it gets bumped up... The lady at the front desk was great. She checked us in quickly and later on made change for the one soda machine (which was not fully stocked) in the basement of this hotel without issue. The room was cleaner than most "chain" places I have stayed at in this area - bathroom, linen, and towels were clean. That was the good part. Now the nit-picking: This hotel has about 50 rooms and I counted about 15 or so parking spaces. Hope you don't stay here on a crowded night and have a car. We didn't have an issue. The metro runs behind the rear of the hotel - we stayed on the third floor facing the metro and didn't notice a noise issue until the television was turned off, and then got used to it - it is NOT that bad! Speaking of the television - The cable system in this hotel is one of the worst I have come across in a few years - just getting both the cable box and television on was a challenge, then changing channels was simply frustrating, although I think this is a fault of the cable provider, and not the hotel, but I think the hotel should look into this (and they should look into ways of hanging a television on the wall so that it is straight, and not titled sideways by about 10-15%). The breakfast - a let down. I have stayed at "dumpier" places than this place (and this price point) in this section of the Bronx and the lack of any protein or even a make-it-yourself waffle maker was a smack in the face. What I found creepy about breakfast was that the cream cheese for the bagels was simply a tub left out for guests to dive into - no individual packets to keep things clean! I don't know where the knife my fellow guests used in that tub has been! All of the things I just mentioned may mean a lot to you or not. They are my observations. Here is something that SHOULD mean something to you: We asked for a smoke free room. This hotel has non smoking rooms next to smoking rooms, next to non-smoking, etc. when they should have all the smoking rooms in one area. All you could smell in the hallway was both tobacco AND marijuana smoke. These both made their ways into our room even tho we put a damp towel at the bottom of the door. Several rooms appeared to have parties going on, or at least loud music and voices all through the night and doors were slammed though out the night as well, but that is why you leave a television on when you stay in the Bronx, right? I would stay here again, but only after confirmation that I will not be sharing a stogie or a blunt with the guests next door.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KennyFliesHigh
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The days inn was ok, nothing special, but not horrible. Its in the Bronx so you can't expect much, however it was clean and I didn't feel unsafe. The location is not for the meek, but it is a decent value if you need a place to crash before or after a Yankee game. I'll be back during the 2012 Yankee playoff run.

• Stayed October 2011
lynn
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I have never been to picky about where I have stayed. I'm easy to please. However, this place is a hell hole. Our room smelled of marijuana and we had our 2 kids with us. Also, I then noticed the whole non smoking floor smelled. Then there was black hair in my bed and the man at the desk told me they dont wash all linens daily. GROSS.Then I went to get a soda and it was gross taste just like water . I have never had a bad bottle of soda. Weird but didnt wanna complain again. Last time I was in NY we stayed at the HAMPTON inn and suites in YONKERS. That was so much nicer ,much larger room , CLEAN, awesome breakfast and the same price. much nicer area . the dasys inn was the worst I have ever seen ever!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank colleen c
, Owner at Days Inn Bronx Near Stadium, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Dear Madam,

We at the Days Inn Yankee Stadium take your accusations very seriously. We are a top rated hotel in the Bronx because we provide outstanding service, which includes a friendly and knowledgeable staff, well-maintained guest rooms and facilities, and ensure the highest levels of cleanliness.

I also understand that no hotel can perform flawlessly every single day. When our hotel makes a mistake, and we do make them from time-to-time, we go above and beyond to make it up to our guest(s) and we try to learn from those mistakes, so that it don't repeat themselves. In this case though, I am very skeptical of your claims.

I would like to rebut your charges one-by-one:

1. We wash all of our linens daily. This includes all pillowcases, blankets, top sheets, comforters/throws, hand towels, face towels, body towels, and bath mats. The carpets in each room are vacuumed daily and power washed (with a Rug Doctor) once per month. The same goes for our hallway carpets. (We have video cameras in the hotel's public spaces and laundry rooms which will verify that housekeepers remove all of the previously mentioned linens from each room, DAILY and that our maintenance staff power wash the aforementioned spaces MONTHLY). I am somewhat of a germ-o-phobe, and anything less than this level of cleanliness from my team would be unacceptable

2. As of November 1st, 2011, we received a brand new, top-of-the-line soda machine from the Coca-Cola Company. I myself have had soda from that machine. The only way you could get soda from that machine that tasted like water is if you pushed the button for a bottle of water, and not the other 7 buttons for any of the 7 other types of soda we carry.

3. Your room may have smelled like smoke if you booked a smoking room. We separate our smoking rooms on a completely different floor from our non-smoking rooms.

To our future guests: I sincerely hope that this response gives you an idea of the high level of care and attention to detail we provide our guests.

Regards,
Nik - General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Bronx hotels