“I will continue to use this hotel when I come to the NYC for buisness”

Days Inn Bronx Near Stadium
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Bronx
Utica, New York
“I will continue to use this hotel when I come to the NYC for buisness”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

First of all my trip was a disaster from the get go. Their was a CSX train crash the night before in upstate new york so my amtrak train was cancelled. Then I planned on taking potential customers to the yankee game which was rain delayed for three hours. However the highlight to my trip was my stay at Days in Yankee stadium. They treated my customers and I with the out most respect, professionalism, courtesy and were priced at a decent price. Any time we needed a cab, they had one waiting before we even got down stairs. If we needed directions they gave us accurate directions, every time we walked in the hotel they greeted us with "welcome to Days inn Yankee stadium sir". There were many great restaurants within short walking distance or cab ride. When we checked out they were very courteous asking us how was are stay, and thanking us for our choosing days inn to stay at!!...I recommend this hotel highly!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank williamduticany

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Irvine, California
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Days Inn at Yankee stadium is one filthy and smelly hotel in Bronx.
Avoid at any cost. Very unsafe at night.
The parking is 10 only and first come first served, so your car would get hit or scratched when parked on neighboring street.
Staff is more than typical NY rude. Pure arrogant and even Manager is full of [--]
For your own safety and wellbeing stay away and drive to Manhattan please.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mikeusaca
DaysInn23675AGM, Manager at Days Inn Bronx Near Stadium, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Mikeusaca,

I apologize that our property did not live up to your expectations. You don't mention whether or not you were actually a guest here, or whether you just stopped by to check the property out, so I'm not certain if you saw the caliber of our guest rooms, and experienced any of our amenities.

I'm also concerned that you might be confusing us with a different property. You mention that "the parking is 10 only", which I assume you meant that we only had ten parking spots, which is incorrect. We have twenty-five parking spots in front of the hotel, and an overflow parking lot in the back. If you meant to say that we charged $10 for parking, that too would be incorrect because parking has always been free here.

I can also assure you that our hotel is very safe at night, and we even have a security guard here each night to ensure that and to watch over the cars in the parking lot.

I would appreciate it if you would contact me directly, so that I might resolve any concerns you have about our hotel, or point you in the direction of the hotel you had intended to review. Thank you.

Charlie Altman
Front Desk Manager
Days Inn Yankee Stadium
718-993-6600

Travelers are raving about these Bronx hotels

Hudson, NH
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Just back from staying a night there for a Red Sox / Yankees game. There is free parking but the hotel parking lot is small and I don't know what they do once it is full. We got there early and didn't have a problem. The lobby was clean and the desk personnel were very friendly. Check-in was easy and the room (king bed) was clean and comfortable. There aren't a lot of room amenities. There was a large TV in the room, no mini fridge. The room phone had a problem with the cord that I didn't complain about because it didn't matter to me. I was able to get wireless access in my room. We wanted to take a taxi to the game because we had been walking around Times Square and the surrounding area all day and were beat. The hotel staff had a taxi waiting for us in about 5 minutes. With the stadium being an easy walk of a little over a mile, we walked back to the hotel after the night game.

Understand that this hotel is not in Manhattan, is not near 5th Avenue or the shi-shi parts of the city. If that is what you want, go elsewhere. It is a clean, functional hotel that is close to Yankee stadium and perfect for simple accommodations for attending a game. Is the scenery out the windows pretty? No, but that's what we were there for. I don't know what a previous review's problem was but I think he may need to get out of his suburban, white neighborhood a little more often. The neighborhood is culturally diverse, mostly Black and Latino. I am a white male who stayed here with my 11 year old grandson. We had no problem walking to and from the stadium or the subway stop at the stadium. Walking home from the nighttime game at 11:30 at night, we both felt safe, even though once you got away from the stadium there wasn't much police presence. Everyone we met was friendly and helpful from the young woman who helped me figure out the train metro ticket kiosk to the 5 guys on the stoop we passed walking home from the game who we joked around with because I had a Red Sox cap and my grandson had a Yankee's cap. Is this the best part of the city? No. Should you use caution when walking around any part of a city, especially at night? Of course. I have no qualms staying here again for the next game we attend.

Bonus Review: If you do go into the city and decide to visit the Empire State Building, there will be people close to the building who will want to sell you a package of an observation ticket along with a ticket to a "Sky Ride" that is in the building. They will probably say the line for the observation deck is long and with the combo ticket you can jump to the front of the line. Of course, with the ride the combo price is almost 2x as much as the observation ticket. The enticement is no wait and the ride which is a simulator ride of a flight over the city. We went for this. The wait for the ride and observation deck was pretty much just as long as the hour they quoted for the observation deck alone, and the ride was a bust. I mean it was pretty bad. My grandson also agreed that it was pretty lame. Save your money and just go up to the observation deck.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank georgepag
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Arrived about 3 hours prior to check in yet when greeted by the front desk she checked us right in. The room was comfy and very clean no bad odors. Breakfast had a nice selection of bagels, breads, fruits and cereals as well as juice. Again the wonderful people at the front desk gave us very valuable information for taxi's and places to go in the area and the best ways to walk. They also called cabs and spoke to you upon entering and exiting the hotel. I just think it was a win win for us all around. We went there to celebrate our wedding anniversary and to see the Yankees and just had the best experience yet. Last year we did the same but stayed in Manhattan and didn't get good service. The people that work there are just wonderful. Oh and we walked to the stadium felt completely safe.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pengirl87
London, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2011

My friend and I were a little scared coming to the Bronx hotel because of the Bronx in general. Well we were pleasantly surprised! Being from a small town in Ontario, we thought this hotel was excellent for the price and the stay. The staff was incredibly nice, they told us all about where to go and what to do, how to find subway trains etc.
We went to 2 Yankees games, and walking there was a breeze, we had no trouble with it. The hotel is perfectly situated by two car scrap yards, but don't let that fool you. Once you get into the hotel you don't even notice it because of how nice it is in there and how nice the people are. I cant say enough about the staff and this hotel! It was great and if I was ever in the area again I would definitely stay here again. You people were so hospitable and very very nice! I am glad I picked this hotel. Even the price for our rooms were exceptional, the double beds were very very comfortable, the rooms were always kept very nice and clean. Day Inn Yankee Stadium/Bronx you were a great hotel, thanks so much for everything

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ScottT89
Flint
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I was suprise to find a hotel so close to my destination, i have recommend it to my
co-workers,and listing it as my favorable place.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Roose42207
Joint Base Andrews
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Not being from NY and under the circumsatnces in which I had to visit, I did not know what to expect but I was very pleasantly surprised at how easy the hotel was to find. The Check-in was seemless and the young lady behind the counter was very, very nice!! Big Props to the DAYS INN YANKEE STADIUM!! I would definitely stay there again and again!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business