“Excellent City Island Fare”

City Island Lobster House
Ranked #7 of 1,292 Restaurants in Bronx
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have been to the Lobster House several times and I truly enjoy it and look forward to going back. The food is terrific and plentiful. I enjoy the marinated olives, mushrooms and red pepper platter as well as the complimentary bread. I have had different lobster dishes that were excellent and flavorful as well as a good size. My companions on my different trips have had the prime rib and rack of ribs, which they stated where delicious. The linguine option with the meal is a must because the Lobster House's white sauce (it's garlic) is wonderful, not too buttery or salty, so that you get the taste of both the garlic and the pasta. I highly recommend the Lobster House and will definitely be returning.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Love going here for seafood. you get a complimentary plate of marinated olives. cheese and Italian bread which is delicious. If you're in the mood for a little of almost everything, try Lobster House Ultimate Feast For Two $72.95
Plenty of succulent lobster, jumbo shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels, scungilli and calamari with your choice of red or white sauce over a bed of fresh imported linguine. you will still have some left over to take home.

I recommend that your first visit is not on a special holiday. The wait might be long for your drinks and meal. I try to visit on a regular weekends and I always leave happy and very satisfied with my meal and service.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for years and years. It is a dinner vacation. The island and water view is worth the trip. The prices are reasonable and they do give you alot of food.
The food is good. We had lobster, broiled fish, fried fish and all were good.
Quintessential City Island experience.

The downsides...They do not have a hostess station and, although we always have a reservation, it is not a smooth welcome. The decor is a little tired and the waitstaff were good enough, but seemed unhappy and harried. None of this takes away from the experience.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great meal and hosts.
Treated children very nicely.
Nice deck to eat overlooking the dock.
Prices very, very reasonable

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I are always looking for good seafood so on a trip back to Connecticut we decided to stop off for lunch at the City Island Lobster House. Expectations were high as we drove through a park-like setting from the Hutchinson River Parkway through a boat yard to the restaurant. Both the restaurant's exterior and interior had that 1930s look minus the sawdust on the floor that reminded me of the seafood restaurants I loved as a kid. The complimentary plate of marinated olives. cheese and Italian bread was delicious, but that's as far as it went. The food was nothing special, but to be fair we only had a few dishes--lobster roll and Manhattan Clam Chowder, The menu was large with many authentic dishes and the service was very attentive and friendly so we will probably return to try other fare.

1  Thank Alan G