“Food on the 'go'”

Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a review of the Latin Kitchen food truck. Definitely worth the wait! Authentic and tasty! Not cheap, but the portions make up for the higher price, so it's still a value buy! And friendly service! We had the La Tripleta (pork, steak and ham sandwich) and the chicken stew with rice and beans. Found them on 47st between Park and Lex. but you should check their website for location: http://www.latinkitchennyc.com/location/
Enjoy!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Did not honor my Groupon deal. Told me that I needed to
make reservation, when the restaurant was virtually empty the time I went there. Told to come back and would honor the deal, which they did mot

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The food is very good. Authentic PR food and the ambiance is very nice. Music and dim lights. It's always packed. Great date place and nice for a family dinner. Prices are affordable, but depending on what you get, it can get a little pricey. But it's delicious...

1  Thank Nayda M
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This USED to be a real nice restaurant that we go to upon visiting our relatives in the Bronx. It USED to have above average food at a reasonable price. Now, they have upscaled the establishment by redecorating it. However, the price has dramatically gone up and the choices on the menu is limited. To be fair, this was a Sunday when they were offering only Brunch and gave us a brunch menu. They had appetizers (pick one) and a choice of five fancy, schmanzy Entrees for a price of $24.95 a plate. First of all, they "over Gourmet" the entrees descriptions .. we wanted typical latin fare (not a fancy "usually over-hyped" gourmet meal) and we had a group of 10 people - at $25 each not including drinks and meals - this was going to be an over $300 bill easy. We left and went to Patricia's down the block where the total bill was just shy of $180 for a party of ten. We had 4 kids in our party ... so you know they were not going to neither enjoy nor consume a $25 entree.

This place was EXCELLENT before they made these changes. The menu was more extensive ... the prices of each entree was reasonable and it was typical latin fare.

Again, to be fair, this may have been the Sunday brunch offering ... However, if they are as overpriced and as limited in menu every day of the week just the same as Sunday - we won't be back. It's a shame because we really liked this place before all of these changes.

1  Thank Rick_Tri
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My friend and I came here and thank God I had a groupon because I would've hated to pay full price for mediocre food. The decor of this spot is cool and sexy with all the white. When we got there it wasnt crowded but it damn sure should've been because thats how long it took for us to get our appetizers. Customers who arrived after us received their appetizers before we did and we eventually recieved our appetizer and entrees at the same time. I was pissed and hungry but those pieces of delicous bread temporarily made up for it while we waited. I ordered chicken and my friend ordered pernil and both our meals were just okay. After the long wait and just mediocre food I wont be visiting this spot again.

1  Thank Teresa S