“Great meal”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving Lunch And Dinner
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Family of 4 stopped here while traveling thru on vacation. The meal was wonderful. We had the fish fry. It was more Than we could eat. The chowder was wonderful and everyone needs to try the bacon wrapped asparagus. My husband does not like vegetables or anything green and even he liked the bacon wrapped asparagus. The staff were all super nice. A great little place to eat! We had eaten at Applebee's,s the night before. This was half the price and twice as good.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have been to Ashley's Place twice now. Each time was just an unbelievable meal! The first visit I had the Italian Fish and my husband had the Fish Fry. BOTH were amazing, and HUGE. We may be talking Fuccillo HUGE here because there are always leftovers for home and they don't last at home either! The appetizers: Stuffed Mushrooms, OMG - my all-time fave. They are stuffed with a combo of crab and cheese that melts in your mouth. The free cups of soup before dinner have been delish too - first time was bean soup, nice and light. The 2nd time it was eggplant soup and my mother said if she had known it was going to be that good she would have gotten a bowl or two and stopped there. You can tell everything is homemade, the cook takes her time, and just perfects everything. The second visit we all had the chicken french and it was the biggest thickest, most tender boneless chicken breast portion we've ever seen! (and the bed of rice it is on is YUM too). Mom and I had leftovers, Dad did NOT. It's not DINER fare, so don't expect cheap quick junk. You get what you pay for and when I want a great meal - I'm going here. Can I get a frequent diner card???? LOL.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were looking for a place to go for Easter brunch and decided to go with Ashley's place because of the supposed "Large" selection on the buffet...what a waste of money. When I called and asked about the Easter buffet she just went on and on about all this food they were going to have on the buffet, not so. The buffet had maybe 6 hot things all of which were terrible...no bacon, no sausage, runny eggs, watered down sausage and gravy, deli style roast beef in salt water....I could go on but don't have the room!!! Not worth the $16 they charged...I wouldn't have paid half that either!!! The interior is dirty and mismatch everything...yuck yuck yuck!!! I think the good reviews must be family members they had write in and give them the reviews, the place is just AWFUL, huge disappointment for an Easter brunch out with the extended family!!

3  Thank Nikki B
Rhonda S, Owner at Ashley's Place, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

In response to the above review. I will mention JUST A FEW items that were on our Sunday brunch.... three cold salads, three fruit breads/muffins, creme brulee french toast, hot apple dumplings w/ fresh whipped cream, blueberry and strawberry waffles, sweet potatoe casserole, home fry casserole, regular scrambled eggs, mexican eggs, sausage gravy and warm biscuits, greens and beans, chicken and biscuits, fried rice... shall I go on? So the comment about six hot items, well already we can see the credibility in the statements of this review. As for the comment about friends writing previous reviews... I don't know one of the people that have written previous reviews, which leads me to believe this reviewer may possibly be a competitor, or friend of a competitor. At any rate, we didn't receive one complaint about our Easter brunch and I was in the dining room the whole time. If in fact I were at a facility and had that many complaints, I certainly would have addressed it w/ the management... not hid behind an anonymous review on line. I don't need to have people write reviews for our restaurant. I stand by all the wonderful reviews and amazing amounts of repeat customers. Thanks for trying Ashle's Place.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We came here for brunch on a Sunday. They advertise it as $10 per a person, but it should be more like $5 a person. The selection isn't that good, they have maybe 6-8 items on the tables. It is all breakfast food, so I am not sure why they advertise it as brunch. The creme brulee french toast was more like a bread pudding. A member of our party ordered a hot dog and he said it tasted funny and the bun that it came on was more like 2 giant pieces of bread. The entire place is too expensive for the quality of food.

2  Thank S09_12
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We went to Ashley's for the first time today - checking out the Sunday Brunch. The inside isn't much to write home about - some tables and some booths. So don't expect ambiance - just expect some great food! Perfect for a family meal with kids too. The brunch was only $10 (half price for kids) and included three cold salads, creme brulee french toast, apple crisp, sausage n biscuits, two kinds of scrambled eggs, home fries, rice, and bacon/sausage. All you can eat!!! Everything was great. The french toast was the best - light and fluffy, cooked in the syrup and with REAL whip cream to put on top. So for the apple crisp. My kids proclaimed them the BEST ever. Bacon was really thick slice good old fashioned bacon...and the sausage n gravy over biscuits. Yum. It was really fun family time. We'll be back to try out the dinners which from the other reviews sound awesome.