“awful!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Ashley's Place - CLOSED

Ashley's Place
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: serving lunch and dinner
Rochester, New York, United States
“awful!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were looking for a place to go for Easter brunch and decided to go with Ashley's place because of the supposed "Large" selection on the buffet...what a waste of money. When I called and asked about the Easter buffet she just went on and on about all this food they were going to have on the buffet, not so. The buffet had maybe 6 hot things all of which were terrible...no bacon, no sausage, runny eggs, watered down sausage and gravy, deli style roast beef in salt water....I could go on but don't have the room!!! Not worth the $16 they charged...I wouldn't have paid half that either!!! The interior is dirty and mismatch everything...yuck yuck yuck!!! I think the good reviews must be family members they had write in and give them the reviews, the place is just AWFUL, huge disappointment for an Easter brunch out with the extended family!!

3 Thank Nikki B
Rhonda S, Owner at Ashley's Place, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
In response to the above review. I will mention JUST A FEW items that were on our Sunday brunch.... three cold salads, three fruit breads/muffins, creme brulee french toast, hot apple dumplings w/ fresh whipped cream, blueberry and strawberry waffles, sweet potatoe casserole, home fry casserole, regular scrambled eggs, mexican eggs, sausage gravy and warm biscuits, greens and beans, chicken and biscuits, fried rice... shall I go on? So the comment about six hot items, well already we can see the credibility in the statements of this review. As for the comment about friends writing previous reviews... I don't know one of the people that have written previous reviews, which leads me to believe this reviewer may possibly be a competitor, or friend of a competitor. At any rate, we didn't receive one complaint about our Easter brunch and I was in the dining room the whole time. If in fact I were at a facility and had that many complaints, I certainly would have addressed it w/ the management... not hid behind an anonymous review on line. I don't need to have people write reviews for our restaurant. I stand by all the wonderful reviews and amazing amounts of repeat customers. Thanks for trying Ashle's Place.

Rochester, New York
“Brunch”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We came here for brunch on a Sunday. They advertise it as $10 per a person, but it should be more like $5 a person. The selection isn't that good, they have maybe 6-8 items on the tables. It is all breakfast food, so I am not sure why they advertise it as brunch. The creme brulee french toast was more like a bread pudding. A member of our party ordered a hot dog and he said it tasted funny and the bun that it came on was more like 2 giant pieces of bread. The entire place is too expensive for the quality of food.

2 Thank S09_12
Rochester, New York
“Home cookin'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We went to Ashley's for the first time today - checking out the Sunday Brunch. The inside isn't much to write home about - some tables and some booths. So don't expect ambiance - just expect some great food! Perfect for a family meal with kids too. The brunch was only $10 (half price for kids) and included three cold salads, creme brulee french toast, apple crisp, sausage n biscuits, two kinds of scrambled eggs, home fries, rice, and bacon/sausage. All you can eat!!! Everything was great. The french toast was the best - light and fluffy, cooked in the syrup and with REAL whip cream to put on top. So for the apple crisp. My kids proclaimed them the BEST ever. Bacon was really thick slice good old fashioned bacon...and the sausage n gravy over biscuits. Yum. It was really fun family time. We'll be back to try out the dinners which from the other reviews sound awesome.

Brockport, New York
“Best Fish Fry!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We wanted fish fries for dinner last night and decided to get it to-go. Our first visit and we will definitely be back. The fish fry was exactly like my grandma (from England) used to make. The batter was light and crunchy and the haddock was moist and flaky. And the portions were HUGE! Perfect! We will be checking out the Sunday brunch and prime rib in the near future!

Hamlin, New York, United States
“Great place !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We have been looking for a new restaurant since the diner in Hamlin closed, the few restaurants in the area are not very good, unless you want pizza !! This place is AWESOME !! Don't let the size of the place deter you , the food was outstanding !!! The owner Rhonda waited on us and she was great !!! It took a bit of time for food to come but was well worth the wait everything was fresh, homemade and piping hot !!! The portions were huge and everything was wonderful,my son had the prime rib which was cooked perfectly medium well,my daughter had the chicken french which was as large as her plate, my son in law had a great burger, and i had the stuffed haddock which had a wonderful cheesy crab sauce and a buttery crumb topping , can't forget the awesome mashed potatos !!! We will so go back, I think we will try the Sunday brunch next !!!