“Wonderful food, good prices”
Review of Ashley's Place - CLOSED

Ashley's Place
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: serving lunch and dinner
Lyndonville, New York
“Wonderful food, good prices”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Don not miss the Sat night Prime Rib special. WOW..this was wonderful.. cooked to order not pre cooked and left . The portion was more than generous and the taste was devine.
I had been here before for the Friday night Fish Fry and the boneless, skinless Haddock is fantastic. They have a homemade batter that is out of this world.
Do not miss this outstanding restaurant.

• Visited December 2012

New York
“Just awesome!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We don't eat out very often and when we do we always try to eat at local places instead of chains. This restaurant is just outstanding and fits the bill perfectly. We've been several times for dinner and lunch and were always more then satisfied. I can't wait until the stars align and we are able to go for brunch! Portions are big and food is delish! I love that they have REAL food that has been home cooked. It's so hard to find that when dining out now a days.

• Visited September 2012
Rochester
“Great Place to eat.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We usually eat here every few weeks. Every trip has been pleasure. The staff is friendly and attentive. We have tried almost everything on the menu and not had a bad meal yet. The stuffed mushrooms are amazing. I have not tried any deserts yet because I have yet to be able to finish my dinner and have room for desert. I can usually get 2 meals from the generous portions.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Johnd1962
“The other side”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We've been twice to this neighborhood restaurant. Both times the food was okay but it took so so long to get our food. A simple panini and a hamburger took 30 minutes to arrive after placing the order. Same story the first time. Service: Well not great. After 25 minutes we asked if there was a problem with order and the waitress simply said, "No". We had to ask for refills on water. Everything comes on a huge roll or a huge piece of French/Italian bread. Another diner told the waitress it was just too much bread with his burger. It's obviously homemade food and better than the chain restaurants, but I sure wouldn't give it rave reviews like the previous reviewers.

• Visited September 2012
Rhonda S, Owner at Ashley's Place, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
I, in fact, was here the day this customer came into our restaurant. They were a party of two, one woman and one man. I am responding on the assumption it was the woman that wrote this review. At Ashley's Place, every order is made per order and from scratch. For many reasons I specifically remember your table. You did ask if everything was ok in the kitchen. I will stand by 100% you DID NOT wait over 30 minutes for your lunch. That being said, since there was no complaint on your food... I will respond by saying, we at Ashley's apologize if you felt you waited too long for your order. We take pride that all of our meals come out immediately, fresh and piping hot. When I heard you had some comments for your server, I did come out to check on your table (which I do EVERY customer that comes into our restaurant) and not once did you voice a complaint to me. As for the other customer saying they had "too much bread", we only use Martuschiello's rolls, I've yet to get one complaint. Your reuben had just under 3/4 lb of corned beef w/ all the extras, we certainly couldn't serve that kind of sandwich on two thin slices of white bread. In fact what the customer behind you said to me, was that day the bread was just too much for her, b/c she wasn't that hungry. The two customers you were speaking of come in every week at least three times for lunch. I will continue to take comfort in all of the other very positive critiques on our restaurant, realizing that you can't please all of the people all of the time... and you can't please some of the people ever. We truly appreciate you trying our restaurant and are sorry we won't be seeing you again. Rhonda M. Sweet, Managing Partner
Greece, New York
“Excellent casual dining experience! Fantastic food and service!”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I've been to lunch, brunch, and now dinner. Every meal was a treat. In fact, we're going again tonight with additional family members. There's nothing better than finding a locally owned and operated restaurant (NOT a chain) that serves wonderful "home-cooked" meals. Nothing pretentious ... just good solid food. The homemade soups and desserts are worth the trip to the west side. Generous portions and changing specials will keep us coming back.

• Visited May 2012