“Never go back !!”

Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is my second time staying here & it was awful the staff was rude very disrespectful and the Maneger Bryant very very disgusting rude unprofessional !!! Never come here with your family this place is invested with bugs,dead flys all over ants on second floor my room floors was sticky and had left over foods from the last guest !!!

• Stayed: May 2014
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Hdnjdid,

I am sorry to hear about your experience, I would love to discuss this further so I can get an understanding as to where we went wrong. I am sorry but this is the first I have heard of any of this and apparently I talked to you which is highly unlikely because If someone had an experience like you described I would remember that and would have made it right to you. Please feel free to reach out to me by email gm.ny357@choicehotels.com and we can go from there.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Had a very nice stay. Everything was clean and the staff was very friendly. The room was comfortable but had a very odd setup. The sink was right inside the room to the left...when I say right inside, I mean I the edge of the sink is against the hallway wall. This was fine for just me, but I could see it being a challenge if multiple people were coming and going. I asked the clerk about it and she said it was "European" style. Also the door to the bathroom was very narrow. On the upside, the room was not in need of updating like the ones I had stayed at in the Syracuse area. Also the bed was comfortable.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

James P,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our facility to be clean and well maintained. We do like to be different to make that memorable experience to our guests and I see that you found the sink to be that. I hope you will stop back to see us on your next trip back to Rochester.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

What a find! The rooms were spacious and ultra-clean. We had two double beds in a non-smoking room with an iron and ironing board, copious amount of towels, TV, fridge, free WI-fi, toiletries, hair dryer, etc. The beds were very comfortable with 4 pillows each of varying softness. There was a buffet breakfast included of tea, coffee (regular and decaf), fruit, juices, pastries, muffins, toast, cereal, eggs and sausage patties. I may have forgotten something as there was so much choice. The staff was very friendly and the tables were constantly cleared and wiped for the next guests to use. We were even able to get a seniors' discount on the price of our room: one night = $91 split 2 ways! The only reason I gave it a 4 out of 5 is that there is no elevator (it's only two stories), but we were warned of that fact when we booked it and for us that was OK. Secondly, it's a bit south-east of central downtown Rochester, so that one would have to use the car to drive there.

Room Tip: I'm not sure that there was a swimming pool, but there is an exercise room that we didn't us...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

dkjames,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am glad to hear that our location worked well for your visit to Rochester. I hope that you will choose us again on your next trip to Rochester.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We needed to find a choice hotel to spend one Sunday night while in Rochester. This location was not too far from the restaurant we needed to find. We were attending a 40th Anniv. party for my cousin and it worked out well. The room was handicapped accessible and was huge. My only suggestion is that a comfortable upholstered chair be added for the comfort of travelers. Not everyone likes to sit on the bed to relax. Morning breakfast was a nice treat also.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Celtic1948,

Thank you for your review of your stay. I am glad that our facility's location worked for you needs. I will see what we can do about the seating arrangements in the room. I hope you will stay with us again on your next travel to Rochester.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

The Comfort Inn in Rochester, NY was very nice. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable of attractions and shops nearby, which was EXTREMELY helpful considering we had no idea what was around, besides the "National Museum of Play," which was literally a five minute drive from the hotel. Our room was very clean and comfortable and the television service and Wi-Fi was also very good. Considering this hotel is located on what seems to be a semi-busy highway, our room was very quiet and we slept soundly. I believe they offer a complimentary breakfast, but we were never around for it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Anne U,

Thank you for your comments, I am glad that our facility meet and exceeded your needs. We strive to make sure everything is perfect for our visitors. I hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have stayed here for seveal business trips. The breakfast is good, the hotel is clean. The staff is always helpful. I would always return.

I got in early in the AM when I was supposed to be there the night before, they checked me in early and did not charge me for the night before without a hassle.

This is a great place to stay when in this area. close to a lot of things as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

bobf4080,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your recent stay. I am glad that our location and facility worked well for your trip to Rochester. I hope we see you again on your next trip here.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Clean, bright, friendly, comforting! We didn't mind the small room and bathroom and sink in the room because it was such a warm and comfortable place. There was nothing we needed that we didn't have, including free internet. We stayed three nights and were very pleased that there was a great choice in the hot breakfasts served in the lobby. The hotel is on a busy road, but it was quiet, and it was just off the expressway that can take you anywhere in the city in minutes.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Bulbe,

Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate you sharing your experience, we try to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Brian Ugorek

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Courtyard by Marriott Rochester Brighton
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Hampton Inn Rochester Penfield

Been to Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue? Share your experiences!