“Back Again”

Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We chose to return to this hotel again and were completely impressed. Everything is in perfect condition. The rooms have new carpets and curtains. No chips, nicks or peeling paint anywhere in the spotlessly cleaned room. The room was actually quite small with the sink in the room rather than the bathroom but the king size bed was very comfortable and had crisp white linens, plenty of cupboard and drawer space, a table that also served as a desk, as well as another chair. There was plenty of hot water and many fluffy towels. Could have had a bit better lighting and a basket for recycling.
The staff were friendly and helpful. Tracy gave us careful directions and Scott managed the breakfast with a smile for everyone. The food was plentiful and well presented, the tables and counters cleaned immediately and the waffles tasty. Hot and cold choices for breakfast and coffee and tea available 24 hours.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

MarshaToronto,

Thank you for your kind words on our property. I will make sure I share these with the staff and give Scott some recognition that he deserves. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Rochester.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

After a Choice Hotels promotion, we got this hotel room for about $45. That being said, it was an excellent stay, and it would have been even if we paid twice as much. The check-in was quick and friendly. The room, although small, was comfortable. It had a desk and chair, reasonable flat-screen, and a fridge and microwave. It had updated bedding, with 2 soft and 2 firm pillows per bed. Very nice. The air-conditioning was quieter than the average hotel unit, although the floor was oddly lumpy. Breakfast was quite good. Along with the normal options, it also had cinnamon waffles and a large variety of fresh fruit. The location was very convenient to downtown and the University of Rochester. I'd certainly stay here again if I was in the area. The one downside is the bathroom, which couldn't have been any smaller. The sink is in the bedroom area, and it has no counter space.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Jonathan O,

Thank you for your review of our property and your experience with us. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your needs and your expectations while here. I hope to see you again on your next travel to Rochester and to U of R.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed in the Comfort Inn and it was not a bad spot. The room was clean and the hotel was attractive. It is not a luxury hotel, but it was very nice for a basic hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that while the room was attractive, the bed was firmer than I am used and the A/C cycled off so the room was either freezing or hot so I had a little discomfort. I did like that there were soft and firm pillows provided. Breakfast was a very basic, continental breakfast so I only ate in there one day. The location is ideal for getting around and there are multiple restaurants, both upscale (Black and Bleu) and more modest fare (Don's Famous) and everything in between, like Wegman's. It is really convenient for shopping and it provides easy access to downtown and other attractions.

Room Tip: The street, Monroe Ave., is busy so there may be a little traffic noise. I didn't notice it afte...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

TraveltilYouDrop_12,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your stay. I am glad that our location and facility worked well for you. I am sorry to hear about the bed being to firm and that the A/C was cycling on and off too much. I will look into it and make sure it is functioning properly. I do hope next time you are in Rochester you will stay with us again.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Immaculate property, immaculate room, housekeeping honored every request, front desk staff could not have been more helpful, and the breakfast room attendant very happy and accommodating.

We have stayed here in the past and are never disappointed.

That said, 2 comfortable chairs in each room would help. Only 1 desk chair is provided.

Microwave, refrigerator, good cooling system and VERY comfortable beds. Bathroom is small - shower and toilet, with sink in bedroom. Workable but small.

Breakfast standard Comfort Inn fare, nothing fancy but there are choices to provide you with a nutritious meal. Do wish the yogurt was not the 'lite' with artificial sweeteners in it but the rest was good. Great coffee, yummy OJ, and pretty good scrambled eggs...plus oatmeal, cold cereal, fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, waffles.

Recommend this place highly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Giggy,

I am glad to see that you have come back to our property. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us everything you like and didn't like about your experience. I will get together with my staff and see what solutions we come up with so next time you visit us you will have some changes. Thank you again for taking the time.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while I was teaching in Rochester. It wasn't fancy, but it was very clean and quiet. The staff was nice as well. No elevator if you have to have one. Try Mamason's across the street. Good food!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

maysameh,

Thank you for giving us a review of our hotel. I am glad that it fit your needs while you were in town teaching. If you find yourself coming back to Rochester to teach again I hope you will stay with us.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We arrived back at the hotel after visiting our daughter, around 10-10:30 pm. We hadn't done anything other than take off our shoes and sit to read and wind down. Around midnight the noise began. It seems a group of college students were in the next room. It kept getting louder and louder. My husband was watching a movie with a headset on and STILL could hear them! I called the office to complain. Mike took the call. Then he called me back and said if there were any more issues to call him right away. Well, it didn't get any quieter. I'm a light sleeper...everything keeps me up! There were no more rooms available with two double beds. Mike gave us the suite next to us at the same price! We both slept like babies. Thank you, Mike, for helping us get a peaceful night's rest! We really appreciated is prompt care in the matter. It made the night far more enjoyable and our sleep far more peaceful!

Room Tip: Both rooms had all the lights unplugged. It wasn't so bad with the first room cause it was stil...

Cindy Z,

I am sorry to hear about your evening upon returning to the hotel. I am glad that our Front Desk Representative was able to help you out and move you to a better room. Next time you travel to our area I hope we can show you the experience you would expect from our location.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I actually stayed here a couple of times and the service, location and cleanliness cannot be beat. The room was outstanding and the people at the desk couldn't have been nicer. I stayed a couple of nights for a brief trip in town. It's right off 590 and there's restaurants, coffee shops, and a wonderful grocery store down the street (Wegmans). Really looking forward to staying here again next time i'm in town

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Daniel D,

Thank you for your kind words about our place. The staff here appreciates all the kind words you said about them. We are looking forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Rochester!

Brian Ugorek

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield
Courtyard by Marriott Rochester Brighton
Hampton Inn Rochester Penfield
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown
Holiday Inn Express Rochester - University Area

Been to Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue? Share your experiences!