“Consistently good”
Review of Almond

Almond
Reserve with OpenTable
Almond is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Montauk Highway
Description: In 2001 Jason Weiner and Eric Lemonides opened Almond. Almond quickly became the "un-Hamptons" restaurant the Hamptons desperately needed. Jason's commitment to straight forward, locally sourced cuisine and Eric's commitment to being nice to people soon garnered a fiercely loyal following for the restaurant. Almond quickly became a go-to spot in the Hamptons for locals, celebrities, tourists, and fellow restaurateurs. The critics caught on as well. Almond garnered accolades from such esteemed publications as Wine Spectator and the New York Times. Fast-forward 10 years and the iconic Hamptons French bistro enters a new era in a new location in downtown Bridgehampton. Almonds new home is a historic space with 100-year-old tin ceilings, hand carved bar and classic white subway tile. Jason continues to cook good food and Eric is still nice to people. They also haven't lost their knack for sucking up to food journalists. Peter Gianotti of Newsday awarded the new spot three stars and named Almond the Best New Restaurant of 2011
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Almond is a favoriate go-to because it's always consistent. The roast chicken is among the best I've ever had. The service is friendly and professional and the vibe is good. The only negative is that when busy (almost always) it's very noisy. We tend to eat at the bar when we can since it's actually a bit quieter. As with most Hamptons restaurants, it's hard to get into in the summer on weekends, but off-season, it's a great choice.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have been eating at Almond in the Hamptons for years in its current village center location and I it's previous site just up the road. Eric - the owner - is unfailingly full of goodwill as are his staff. Whilst the food is not the finest in the area there are some stand-out dishes which keep one going back such as the sprouts on the style of a Cesar salad, the winter salad and the raw bar. The scene on a Friday night is always loud and crowded but the remainder of the week has a more relaxed crowd - particularly in the winter. Love it...

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I'll start with leftovers! The whole bass on crisped kale with wonderful vegetables was more than I could handle, but the leftovers, if anything, rendered a better blending of the flavors. My wife and I shared a generous appetizer of local sashimi yellowtail served with a sticky rice pancake and wonderful vinaigrette and light salad. The buttery tuna was as good as I've had. My wife had diver scallops, one of her favorites I've noted elsewhere. Our friends both had the duck special, one well done and one medium rare. Their assessment "generous portion and perfect." Their littleneck clams, three glasses of wine and a nice Montauk Pale Ale came to $100 a couple, Hampton reasonable, particularly given the portions. Our waiter, Anthony, was tops. We were in the tumbleweed season, but it was crowded and as always a little noisy for our foursome of seniors.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I went there with my mother this evening. We didn't have reservations, but since we eat early, we did not expect this to be a problem. At 6:15pm, the restaurant was half-full, but the manager gave us a hard time because we did not have reservations, repeatedly calling us "girls", with an emphasis on the word. As in saying to the hostess, "These GIRLS would like a table without a reservation." We were seated at a table where the cold air from the air-conditioning vents meet, so it was like sitting in the middle of an ice storm. When we complained to the waitress, she said, "Yeah, this is the spot." When we asked the manager for a new table, he said he had nothing to give us, even though the place was half-empty. Actually, he said he had nothing for GIRLS. I am over 60 and my mother is over 80. We didn't appreciate the attitude, so we left.

2  Thank Donna S
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Great food, great service best experience in the Hamptons this summer thus far...even though was just Wednesday night... I bet the place must be on fire over weekends!

1  Thank Roll1smoke1