Almond
Reserve with OpenTable
Almond is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Montauk Highway
Description: In 2001 Jason Weiner and Eric Lemonides opened Almond. Almond quickly became the "un-Hamptons" restaurant the Hamptons desperately needed. Jason's commitment to straight forward, locally sourced cuisine and Eric's commitment to being nice to people soon garnered a fiercely loyal following for the restaurant. Almond quickly became a go-to spot in the Hamptons for locals, celebrities, tourists, and fellow restaurateurs. The critics caught on as well. Almond garnered accolades from such esteemed publications as Wine Spectator and the New York Times. Fast-forward 10 years and the iconic Hamptons French bistro enters a new era in a new location in downtown Bridgehampton. Almonds new home is a historic space with 100-year-old tin ceilings, hand carved bar and classic white subway tile. Jason continues to cook good food and Eric is still nice to people. They also haven't lost their knack for sucking up to food journalists. Peter Gianotti of Newsday awarded the new spot three stars and named Almond the Best New Restaurant of 2011
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I'll start with leftovers! The whole bass on crisped kale with wonderful vegetables was more than I could handle, but the leftovers, if anything, rendered a better blending of the flavors. My wife and I shared a generous appetizer of local sashimi yellowtail served with a sticky rice pancake and wonderful vinaigrette and light salad. The buttery tuna was as good as I've had. My wife had diver scallops, one of her favorites I've noted elsewhere. Our friends both had the duck special, one well done and one medium rare. Their assessment "generous portion and perfect." Their littleneck clams, three glasses of wine and a nice Montauk Pale Ale came to $100 a couple, Hampton reasonable, particularly given the portions. Our waiter, Anthony, was tops. We were in the tumbleweed season, but it was crowded and as always a little noisy for our foursome of seniors.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I went there with my mother this evening. We didn't have reservations, but since we eat early, we did not expect this to be a problem. At 6:15pm, the restaurant was half-full, but the manager gave us a hard time because we did not have reservations, repeatedly calling us "girls", with an emphasis on the word. As in saying to the hostess, "These GIRLS would like a table without a reservation." We were seated at a table where the cold air from the air-conditioning vents meet, so it was like sitting in the middle of an ice storm. When we complained to the waitress, she said, "Yeah, this is the spot." When we asked the manager for a new table, he said he had nothing to give us, even though the place was half-empty. Actually, he said he had nothing for GIRLS. I am over 60 and my mother is over 80. We didn't appreciate the attitude, so we left.

2  Thank Donna S
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Great food, great service best experience in the Hamptons this summer thus far...even though was just Wednesday night... I bet the place must be on fire over weekends!

1  Thank Roll1smoke1
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Went there for a special birthday meal. Service was slow and surly. Food below edible. Sent order of mussels back because half of them were closed. Replacement order no better

Will never go back again and will tell everyone we know in the area of our experience

1  Thank james b
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I enjoy taking Hamptons guests here, the food is good, the atmosphere fun, and when Eric the owner is there, he chats with diners and makes everyone feel welcomed. Good seafood, good beef and steak dishes, good mussels, I have enjoyed most everything I order here. Last time I ordered the ravioli, was very good but I suggest not ordering it if you're starving, it's not a huge portion. Service can be spotty at times, especially when the bar backs up. Bus people should be better trained not to yank plates off the table until all are finished eating. I find it annoying when bus people take bread plates away when entree has not yet been served. This place is one of my go- to's in the summer. Easy parking on Ocean Ave, just walk up to the restaurant. If your reservation is after 8:30 on Fri or Sat nights in the summer be prepared to wait. The place can get noisy during peak hours. Nice brunch, outside seating in summer, if you can stand busy Main St.

1  Thank UpperWestSiderGuy