“Surprisingly good lunch”

Mercado Mexican Grill & Tequila Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Mercado Mexican Grill & Tequila Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 23 Restaurants in Bridgehampton
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West of Brdigehampton Commons
Islandia, New York
“Surprisingly good lunch”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I found this restaurant using another website because my friends and I were going out to the Vineyards. We were really pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food, although restaurant was empty. Could've been because it was a Tuesday. The restaurant was clean and the one staff member in the restaurant was very friendly, although perhaps a little slow-paced. I highly recommend the Carne Asada tacos which were AMAZING. Good house margs for $6 11:30am-3pm. I would go again.

• Visited August 2014

Redondo Beach, California
“Below average, overpriced bland Mexican food served with fresh attitude”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My girlfriend and I arrived here when the place was dead, dead, dead - in return, we received service that was bad, bad, bad. We started with a female server who was clueless and graduated to a male server who had the attitude of a impending bowel movement. To get our water glasses re-filled was an exercise in futility and to get any type of follow-up resulted in crickets, chirps, and tumbleweeds blowing through the dining room.

First problem - the "tortilla chips" were straight out of a mass produced supermarket snack aisle and the salsas tasted canned. The overpriced guacamole ($10) was lacking a zip and also had a "just squeezed out of the package" flavor. .

I ordered the Mexican burger which was overcooked (I ordered medium well, it came out Gretzky style, which is a hockey pock for those of you not schooled in the Canadian arts) which claimed it had "chipotle seasoned beef" but there was no evidence of that, nor of any seasoning of all. The fresh jalapenos were nice, but it wasn't anywhere close to the $13.00 they charged. My girlfriend had the spicy fish tacos and felt they were passable but the stale tortilla was cracking and falling apart in her hands.

As our water glasses lay barren, the male waiter came over, grunted a "You done?" and took the plates from the table like he was trying to set a record. Wait, wait, wait and then the check comes - finally. They don't take Discover (of course). $45.00 for a burger, a guacamole appetizer, and three (3) fish tacos.

We won't return, and I suggest you stay far, far away unless you like a side of attitude with your overpriced dinner.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Scenarist
London, United Kingdom
“Horrendous service, decent food”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

The food was decent. Having said that, I'm not sure if we will go back because the service and manager were awful. We went at 5:45pm and there was one other table in the restaurant. It took 15 min for them to take our drink order. It took an hour for our food to arrive. We complained to both the waitress and the manager about how long it took. First they told us that it was "summer in the Hamptons", so that's why service was slow (again, there was one other table in the restaurant). Then they told us that the kitchen lost my ticket because they were working on a big takeout order. I understand that things get lost and nobody's perfect, but they could have done something to try and make our experience better. I used to be a waitress, and if the food was taking much longer than expected, you would offer a free appetizer or a round of drinks - the manager here just asked us, "well, what do you want me to do about it?" While we were there, another customer's takeout order was incorrect and they had to come back. The table next to is was waiting over 30 min for guacamole. There is obviously a management problem here. It's a shame, because the food was decent and the place had potential to be so much better than it was.

Southampton, New York
“Seis de mayo fantastic!”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

A journey for the girls up island but a wonderful surprise delicious fun evening of nibbles and delights! Guacamole apps, with crunchy tacos filled with shrimp, pork and chicken and scrumptious hot sauce.. Tuesday special only $2 and $3 a piece... Our pitcher of house margaritas was worth the $40.. Got 6 tasty cocktails. In the almost end we shared their Mexican burger split 3ways. Churros with vanilla ice cream finished us off....
A fantastic last minute decision to eat out. Girls nite out a success!

• Visited May 2014
Southport, North Carolina, United States
“Great food, huge tequila selection”
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Most wonderful Mexican food. Queso fundido very good, always a test, and main courses outstanding. Tuna tacos, scallops and shrimp superb. Fine tequilas and flights of 3 available.