“One of the best meals I've had. Ever.”
Review of Topping Rose House

Reserve with OpenTable
Topping Rose House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are excited to announce that Chef Jean- Georges Vongerichten began consulting for the Topping Rose House Restaurant. Jean- Georges celebrates the seasons, presenting a farm- to- table cuisine, using ingredients grown on our property's one acre farm and sourced from the local reputable fisherman and farmers.
Binghamton, New York
“One of the best meals I've had. Ever.”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'll start by saying that my husband and I made spur of the moment reservations and were pleased to be accommodated. The staff at the restaurant were friendly and knowledgeable. The decor is outstanding, elegant yet simple. And the meal...unbelievably wonderful. I had the beef sirloin and my husband had a special, osso bucco, I believe. We are not traditionally meat eaters, but given the organic, local nature of the ingredients, we decided to go out on a limb. We are so glad we did. This was quite honestly, one of the best meals I have had, and I have dined in many five star restaurants that do not come close to the quality and presentation of the food. The mixture of flavors in each dish was delightful and surprising. The goat cheese cheesecake dessert is equally as delicious as the entrees. And certainly not to be disregarded, the dirty martini with Stoli Elit (albeit $40), and the house-made granola, given as a thank you as we exited. (The granola, not the martini.) I raved about this place to everyone that would listen. We will certainly return. The only thing to say that is less than glowing is the timeliness of the service - very hit and miss. We were also encouraged to view a room, as we were inquiring about staying here on our next visit. The manager did not show us a room, after we were strongly encouraged by our server to ask, as it would not be a problem. The reasoning was that they were under maintenance at the time, which seemed a bit odd after all the build up from the server. Either way, we may not stay as guests, but will enjoy the restaurant again for sure.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Care B
ToppingRose, Manager at Topping Rose House, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review about your dining experience with us. Your detailed experience really showcases some key touches that we aim to provide for each of our guests. We are sad to learn that our rooms were not available for viewing during your dining experience. As we are gearing up for summer season, we are finalizing some final touches. Please feel free to contact me for a tour of the hotel, rooms and property at your convenience.

We look forward to having you join us again soon.

Best,

Landy Labadie
Director of Food & Beverage
LLabadie@ToppingRoseHouse.com

New York City, New York
“Hip and Tasty”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The modern decor of the dining room is handsome, understated and calm with interesting art and small vases of unusual flowers. The bar room has a jolt of color. Both have working fireplaces. Overall the brunch was delicious. We had a rich ham and melted gruyere sandwich and spicy scrambled eggs with fried oysters. The eggs had a lot of onions in them which were not mentioned as an ingredient in the menu description. A salad as an entree would have been a nice addition to the menu. The service was friendly but spotty. This relatively new restaurant has a few bugs to work out, but would I come back to this urbane setting with sophisticated fare? You bet I would.

• Visited March 2013
ToppingRose, Manager at Topping Rose House, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

We truly value your patronage, as well as taking the time to share your feedback & experience with us—we are only able to improve our service with valuable feedback such as yours.

While we are delighted to hear about the positive things during your visit, yet we are disappointed to learn of the short comings.

Please rest assured, we take your comments to heart and will take immediate action and address your concerns with our team.

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again soon.

Regards,

Landy Labadie
Director of Food & Beverage
Long Island, NY
“Local purveyors, farm to table and Tropicana!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Had brunch here recently and while the menu choices were small, the food was very good. But here's what shocked me. A third of the menu is taken up with a listing of all the local farmers and purveyors they work with. So when ordering a glass of orange juice ($4) we asked if it was fresh squeezed and were too no, it's Tropicana. How hard would it be to get some juice oranges and squeeze them to order. Seriously, Tom Colicchio, I expected better.
On the plus side, nice decor and good food.

ToppingRose, Manager at Topping Rose House, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback with us. I can assure you that we serve fresh squeezed juices and this was a simple communication failure, which we are addressing immediately.

We are happy to hear that enjoyed the food, decor and ambiance. And we look forward to having you visit us again soon.
“Pure pleasure!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I recently stayed at the Topping rose for a small reunion, it was a magnificent experience. The rooms are comfortable, accommodating, spacious and gorgeous. The bed was so cosy, the bathroom immaculate and well designed with both bath and shower. It felt like home.
The first evening we had a special event in the converted old barn, it's simple elegance was the ideal backdrop for a party, dinner or wedding. The mixture of the old elements of the barn with a contemporary twist was brilliant design. It was the perfect minimal elegance.The food and service were of course marvelous.
I enjoyed breakfast and dinner in the restaurant, both phenomenal both culinary and service.
This weekend stay was pure pleasure and great indulgence!

ToppingRose, Manager at Topping Rose House, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
On behalf of the Topping Rose House team, we would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review. We aim to create unique and memorable experiences at each encounter and truly appreciate your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.
“Elegant but meh...”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I got so excited to try this place because it looks so elegant and the chef is none other than the biggest judge on Top Chef, Tom Colicchio. The ambience is niiiice, but the menu was so limited, the wait staff was not knowledgeable (I asked about a malbec and the waiter started pointing to whites and rattling about a certain rose on the menu), and the prices are insane ($20 for a tequila on the rocks, $15 for a glass of malbec). I ordered a pasta dish that was the size of a small dinner salad and cost $28. They could have left the radicchio out of the dish, also, and added butter for flavor, but that is my opinion. It was worth the trip to see what all of the hooplah was about, but I gazed across the street at Almond and my mouth watered.

2 Thank Bickidan
ToppingRose, Manager at Topping Rose House, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your dining experience with us. We appreciate and value our guests feedback on their experience in hopes of making it better on each visit.

Our menu is focused on local, seasonal vegetables where proteins take a secondary role. Out East, the local produce is amazing. And those are the stars of our menu. Everything at the source is antibiotic-free, hormone-free, and thus a bit pricier. We have taken your comments and addressed them with both the service and culinary teams.

Feedback from our guests helps us learn and improve and we thank you for your time.

We look forward to having you join us again.