“So what happened to this restaurant?”
Review of The Briars

The Briars
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 21, 2011

... their hamburger was one of the best around. Had not visited in awhile.. this last trip there it was absolutely horrible..overcooked ... over greasy ..and had to be replaced with something else... SOMETHING HAS CHANGED !!

1  Thank bjaa

Reviewed December 21, 2011

I've been to this restaurant many times with my husband since we live nearby. The food and service are always very good. So, it was on my list when we needed a place for a work dinner. The owner, George is very nice, and we had the back room for our group. Everyone enjoyed themselves and the food. My personal favorites on the menu are the stuffed peppers and the burgers. I highly recommend The Briars.

Reviewed April 16, 2010

A great place to drink and dine with an excellent varied menu in a cozy and pleasant atmosphere. Whether your having lunch or dinner, or throwing a party, the food. is good and plentiful along with the good service. We did and our guests raved and they also recommend The Briars to one and all.

Reviewed September 14, 2009

I had a wonderful dinner there this weekend. This is the 2nd time I have been there as I am new in the town. The staff remembered us and it was such a joy to be treated so well. I had the same dish as I did before because I had been thinking about it so that is why we came back. But as I glanced around I saw many other meals I am looking forward to trying.

It is old world charm meets modern dining. Loved it! They seem to be doing many renovations to update but are leaving the charm of the place. We spoke to another cupple that have been going to there for 30 years and have known the chef for 20 of them. Thanks Brirs!

Reviewed February 4, 2009

Wonderful restaurant. Staff is pleasant, cole slaw is great. Burgers are the best although I havent had Squires. I didnt know they have a new owner, will have to go there again. Been there many many times. 'Food is just wonderful. Who can complain.