“Popular Pub”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
New York City, New York
“Popular Pub”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Always a line to get a table, we like to go before a movie in Elmsford so we leave ourselves plenty of time. The food is very well prepared, service with a smile, and lovely, kid friendly atmosphere. Something for everyone on the menu, too!

Visited March 2013

Briarcliff Manor, New York
“go for the burgers”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

excellent burgers, fries and onion rings and french onion soup
- too cramped for a leisurely meal
-crowds illustrate its success

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Les1818
New York City, New York
“Best Burger”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Who doesn't love a good burger? I am always on a quest for the perfect cheeseburger. I have tried them all...fried, steamed, broiled,turkey(not a real burger). A friend asked me out for an impromptu dinner and brought me to Squires with the promise of a great burger. Squires is a typical neighborhood pub. Bar in the front, small dining room in the back. It has typical 70's polished timber decor; Dimly lit and a little crowded with tables fairly close to eachother. The thing that draws you in, is the delectable aroma of grilled beef. The charming waitress Debbie, immediately took our order and within minutes we were served. I ordered my burger with fried onions cooked medium. The onions were cooked well done, just the way I like them and the burger was perfectly cooked to a nice pink medium. American cheese and a good dose of ketchp and I was in burger heaven. To make things even better, the burgers were served with possibly the best french fries I have ever had. They were hot and crisp and grease free. The insides were nice and creamy and they stayed hot throughout the whole meal. I could not have asked for anything more. My rating is based solely on the burger. I cannot speak for the rest of the menu. I will most definely be back for the burger. If anyone remembers the now extinct Buffalo Roadhouse in NYC's east village (my all time favorite burger joint)they will appreciate Squires burger. It is almost as good.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank 7Lisal
New York
“Local comfort food, friendly service”
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't have tried this place if I hadn't been told to go by a friend. I also would have been likely to walk out on arrival were i not meeting a friend who was already seated, largely due to the dark and very old fashioned atmosphere and unfriendly older lady at the bar. However, try the food and stay I did and it was fine. Our server was very friendly and our burgers were cooked as requested. Little old fashioned and grungy for me, too dingy for the summer months, good prices, average overall.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank likestotravel30
Ossining, New York
“comfort food”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

another neiborhood gem freindly wholesome food always crowded and a great place hang out at the bar for dinner and watch a game.

Visited February 2013