All reviews rooms are comfortable beautiful property edith macy retreat woods meeting gs accommodations workshop
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This hotel appeared to be nice but really was awful. The hotel is hidden up in the woods, you must park in a lower level and then go to shack where you can call for a ride to the hotel and then back to your car. The shuttle was not exactly fast either. This wouldn't bother me if the hotel was nicer but it was not. First room they gave us was really nice, had a flat screen, nice bedding and the AC was running. Unfortunately, the room was filled with someone else's stuff, since they double booked the room. We had to get the shuttle back down to the front desk and get a new room. They gave us a second room that was much smaller, the AC did not work, the TV was very old and the shower was small and odd. Also, the connecting door to the room next to us was only lockable from the other side, so we could not fully lock our room. I had to take my computer and valuables with me during the day to be safe. At night we had to open the window because of the AC not working, and I woke up with bug bites all over me. I assumed from the window but I was so wrong. We let the front desk know about our experience but they did not offer us anything for our troubles and were rude about it.

Shortly after returning home I started breaking out in what I thought were allergic reactions, I went to the ER for them because they were around my eyes. Turned out to be bed bugs. So far it has cost me $1500 in extermination costs and I am not sure if they are gone yet.

Do NOT stay here!!!!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank shellystripreviews
EMCCMgmt, General Manager at Edith Macy Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

Dear shellystripreviews,
I am terribly sorry you had such a bad stay with us and I am very concerned about the bedbugs you mentioned. Your posting says you stayed with us over a month ago. We have not had any reports of bedbugs from guests, the inspections we do internally or from the pest control company we use to inspect our guest rooms. I would appreciate it if you would call me directly at 914-945-8004 to discuss your stay in detail. This will help us get to the bottom of the service problems you mentioned. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed at Edith Macy for a meeting and found the conference center lovely. When I landed at White Plains airport, I turned on my phone and there was a message from the driver on where to go to find him for my transportation to Macy. Upon arrival check-in was efficient. The room was comfortable - great bed but the room had no hairdryer. I did call the front desk and one was delivered. Food was excellent with a variety of choices.

I thought the meeting room tended to get warm. I was prepared for typical conference room ac and layered but ended up taking most of the layers off.

I would say that Macy is an adequate conference center. I wish I had more time to walk around the property.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
EMCCMgmt, General Manager at Edith Macy Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Thank you very much for the feedback. I'm glad your stay went smoothly with the exception of the hair dryer. My apologies for that misstep. If you have any other information about your stay you would like to share, please contact me directly at the property, 914-945-8000. I hope you get a chance to visit again soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2011

The Edith Macy Conference Center has an attentive and accommodating staff. They facility is clean, beds are comfortable and there is absolutely no noise, so a good night's sleep is ensured. The food is fantastic buffet-style, completely fresh and tasty. We had an exceptional time. I would have loved a bathtub instead of just a shower stall, but the water was hot and pressure good. Can't wait to visit again.

1  Thank Fairsheek
EMCCMgmt, General Manager at Edith Macy Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2011

I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you have a chance to visit again soon.

All the best.

Reviewed July 15, 2010

I stayed at Edith Macy for a conference, and it was great for the most part.
The rooms were nice (huge walk in closet, which was nice when there were two people and all their business clothes), the bathoom was a little awkward (the door was huge and you pretty much had to close it as soon as you got inside if you wanted to be able to move around). THE BEDS ARE AMAZING! Incredibly comfy, lots of giant pillows, great linens.
As far as the main building, where we were most of the time, it was okay. Nice fireplace where they served us S'mores on the first night. The auditorium seemed highly funcitonal. There were always employees walking around picking up after us, which was very nice. There wasn't anything wrong with the conference rooms.
The food was fantastic - yes, it was all buffet-style, but they also served us snacks in between mealtimes, and the snacks are high-quality and fun (root beer floats one day!). I don't know if they serve snacks to all groups, or if it was just part of our package, but I had no complaints. It's true, there aren't vending machines, so plan ahead if you get hotel-room-munchies like I do.
One night, we went down to the lake area and at at the "Kinderhaus". Beyond the dining area, they have ping pong, volleyball, tetherball, croquet, and other activities.
For the most part, the service was great. The only complaint there is that when you check in, someone literally yells at you about not putting your room key with your cell phone or credit cards, because it will de-magnetize. They can't seem to stress that enough.
Also, I think it would have been nice if we could check out via tv, especially since we were all paid for by our host organization, and didn't have charges anyways.
The only major complaint is the layout. There is the main building, then three buildings that branch off. We were in building 3, and that meant that we could either hike up a steep service road to get to our room, or we could go through the 2 and 3 buildings, which included at least 4 large flights of stairs. The first day, toting luggage, was not fun.
Overall, we had a great time. Just make sure you are physically fit and able to get to your room.

Date of stay: July 2010
3  Thank krhanson
EMCCMgmt, General Manager at Edith Macy Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2010

Thank you very much for the comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that you have a chance to visit again. When you do, please take advantage of the shuttle service we offer from the parking lot. A call from the kiosk and our staff will pick you and your luggage up and deliver you to our front desk. Please get in touch with me directly when you are planning your next visit.

Regards,
David Vogt
Edith Macy Conference Center

Reviewed April 2, 2010

This place has no in-room dining, all meals are buffet style, no vending machines, just a few pieces of workout equipment that are at least a decade old, rude front desk and there are no more than four tv stations that work in the rooms. Meeting space is very boring and dirty. Stick with Tarrytown Town House or Mohonk Mtn House if you do outside meetings or group gatherings.

Date of stay: June 2009
2  Thank TimJP76

I'm sorry you had such a bad impression of our property on your visit. Despite the time elapsed between your stay, your comments and my response, I hope you would still consider contacting me to discuss what happened.

Regards,