“One of the best restaurants anywhere”
Review of The Arch

The Arch
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Brewster
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Relaxed Fine Dining That Never Goes Out Of Style....
Boulder, CO
“One of the best restaurants anywhere”
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

We celebrated my father-in-law's 95th birthday here with a gathering of family ranging in age from 7 months to the birthday boy himself. Everyone loved their meals, the ambiance was elegant without being uncomfortable, and the service was impeccable. Michelin should visit. They could learn a thing or two about an ideal dining experience. Folks in the know say the Sunday brunch is a particularly good value.

Newtown, Connecticut
“Wow!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We have been coming here for years for their Sunday Brunch. We have never had a meal that was anything less than wonderful. The staff is friendly and helpful yet they also know you are not visiting them, but rather for an exquisite meal. They also make a point of remembering their patrons. While we only go maybe three or four times a year they always remember what our favorite drinks and meals are. It is a wonderful experience and we enjoy introducing friends to this place.

• Visited December 2012
Brewster
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Cuisine!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Whenever my husband & I want to celebrate a special occassion we always come to the Arch
Restaurant! This has been a well maintained restaurant throughout the years, simply beautiful place with extraordinary food!

Our most recent visit we had the Maryland Crab & Lobster Cakes for appetizer, and I had the Steamed Chilean Sea Bass while my husband had the Grilled Blank Angus steak. As usual, everything was cooked to perfection, with amazing flavors all around.

Great food and great ambiance every time!

• Visited August 2012
Playa Del Carmen
“Great after all these years!!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I had not been to the Arch since we moved from Pawling about 10 years ago. When we lived there it was one of our favorite restaurants. We had enjoyed many parties and special occasions there... When we moved we didn't really get a chance to go back but always had fond memories of the food there. Well this weekend I decided to show my girlfriend what all the hype was about. I was a bit nervous because I had not been there in many years and I wasn't sure it would live up to my memories... Well let me tell you it did!!! Chef George was in the kitchen as usual cooking up some amazing dishes. A nice surprise was all of the Organic options for meats... I had a delicious Flintstone's sized Organic Veal Chop and my girlfriend ordered the Foie Gras for main course.... Everything was really great I will definitely make the 70 mile trip back again...

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Neil L
Brewster
“Great Anniversary Dinner!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Arch is only a few minutes away from our home, but we had not been there in a long time. So last minute we decided to celebrate an anniversay with a midweek dinner. The reasturant was not crowded, but the ambiance was very nice and the service was great. For a place far north of the city, the Arch really shines with its culinary offerings and in my opinion is on par with the best in NYC. As other's have said , although it is a bit more expensive than your typical local restaurant, it is a real value when you consider the quality of the food that is offered. It was hard to stop eating the bread and liver pate at the start, as it was just so good. My wife remarked that her lobster bisque was the best she had ever had and I thouroughly enjoyed my cheese souffle apetizer. While my entre of vennison was cooked just a tad more than I would have liked, but the very flavorful sauce and accompaniments still made it a highly enjoyable dish and my wife very much enjoyed the duck entre. A wonderful meal to celebrate an anniversay! I can highly recommend the Arch if you are looking for a very high quality meal in the Brewster area.

• Visited September 2012

Been to The Arch? Share your experiences!