“Great after all these years!!!”
Review of The Arch

The Arch
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Brewster
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Relaxed Fine Dining That Never Goes Out Of Style....
Playa Del Carmen
“Great after all these years!!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I had not been to the Arch since we moved from Pawling about 10 years ago. When we lived there it was one of our favorite restaurants. We had enjoyed many parties and special occasions there... When we moved we didn't really get a chance to go back but always had fond memories of the food there. Well this weekend I decided to show my girlfriend what all the hype was about. I was a bit nervous because I had not been there in many years and I wasn't sure it would live up to my memories... Well let me tell you it did!!! Chef George was in the kitchen as usual cooking up some amazing dishes. A nice surprise was all of the Organic options for meats... I had a delicious Flintstone's sized Organic Veal Chop and my girlfriend ordered the Foie Gras for main course.... Everything was really great I will definitely make the 70 mile trip back again...

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Neil L

Brewster
“Great Anniversary Dinner!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Arch is only a few minutes away from our home, but we had not been there in a long time. So last minute we decided to celebrate an anniversay with a midweek dinner. The reasturant was not crowded, but the ambiance was very nice and the service was great. For a place far north of the city, the Arch really shines with its culinary offerings and in my opinion is on par with the best in NYC. As other's have said , although it is a bit more expensive than your typical local restaurant, it is a real value when you consider the quality of the food that is offered. It was hard to stop eating the bread and liver pate at the start, as it was just so good. My wife remarked that her lobster bisque was the best she had ever had and I thouroughly enjoyed my cheese souffle apetizer. While my entre of vennison was cooked just a tad more than I would have liked, but the very flavorful sauce and accompaniments still made it a highly enjoyable dish and my wife very much enjoyed the duck entre. A wonderful meal to celebrate an anniversay! I can highly recommend the Arch if you are looking for a very high quality meal in the Brewster area.

• Visited September 2012
redding, ct
“exquisite dining”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Excellent food, superb service in recently updated decor makes for outstanding dining. Truly enjoyed the a la carte meal, suggest cheese souffle as appetizer, crisply roasted duck for entree.

• Visited April 2012
Sparta, New Jersey
“Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This restaurant cannot be seen from the highway, but is certainly worth finding at the end of the winding driveway. Set in an old country home, the setting is very intimate. This was my first visit and from the moment I arrived it became obvious that the restaurant was filled with repeat customers. Now I can see why. The food was excellent and the service was on par with the food. The decor is very cozy. For starters I tried the grilled shrimp and chorizo in a nice spicy garlic sauce and the escargot, in a wonderful garlic butter sauce. For the main meal the Angus Steak in a peppercorn sauce was cooked to perfection and the assortment of vegetables melted in my mouth. The Filet of Sole was also well prepared in a delicious brown butter sauce. But please leave room for dessert. The Grand Marnier Souffle was out of this world. I was impressed with how the chef, who I believe is also the owner, came out to each table to see first hand how the patrons enjoyed their meal. Although I do not live nearby, I will also be a repeat customer. Although some may find this restaurant expensive, for fine dining this was an excellent value.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank AtomicReviewer
Brewster, NY
“Simply the best restaurant in Brewster (and perhaps beyond.)”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

The old adage that "You get what you pay for" applies to this fine establishment. One can spend an average amount of money and get an average meal, or dine at The Arch and have a spectacular meal. Classic yet interestingly prepared delicious dishes, incredibly warm and elegant ambiance, and top-notch service. A "special occasion" restaurant, or more often if your budget allows. We held a small bridal shower there for our daughter, and everything was perfect and our guests loved the food.

Visited May 2011

Been to The Arch? Share your experiences!