“Just What I was looking for...”
Review of Eveready Diner

Eveready Diner
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Brewster
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Delmar, New York
“Just What I was looking for...”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Driving back to upstate after working on LI i found this diner. Never visited it before but glad that I did. Zipped in, plenty of parking, nice waitress, good menu, lots to choose from, inexpensive. Perfect diner experience. Back on the road after 30 minutes and glad that I stopped for lunch here.

• Visited March 2014

Brewster, New York
“with just a little extra effort this place could be Great”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I have eaten her MANY times. More often than not I eat my food and its good enough, but I probably had to ask the waiter for a clean cup of coffee because mine has come either in a dirty cup, or with the soapy water from the dishwasher mixed in with the coffee. They have a very good gyro, and their breakfasts have huge servings. The physical building is showing signs of wear and tear and it really need to have a deep cleaning routine adopted by the staff. But it is a consistently busy place so, obviously these are just suggestions for improvement, not of disastrous problems. Just maybe step back and see what can be done easily to address the small stuff...

• Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food - Needs a Good Washdown”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food is so good, but the bathroom is usually dirty or something in it is broken or depleted. Some of the booths ripped and falling apart, but I wouldn't let that stop me from going because like I said, the food is so good. Try the pecan pancakes, the burrito or Cobb salad. Don't try the breakfast sausage. McDonald's even does it better. I think of myself as a sausage connoisseur and this ain't it, people! I am on a diet now, so I would kill for a piece of that mediocre sausage right about now! Waitstaff is so awesome. Decor is set like an 50's diner. Really cute minus the rips in the upholstery.

• Visited January 2014
Carmel, New York
“Best Pancakes in the World!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Red Velvet Pancakes the best pancakes in the WORLD!
Every thursday my wife and i go to the ever ready diner in Bruster NY for my pancake craving. My favorite is the red velvet pancakes light and fluffy they have no need for any extra butter or syrup. I can eat a tall stack (5 pancakes) and that's it until dinner. Red velvet pancakes not native to NY is a treat you cannot pass on. I do not knw of any other place north of the Mason Dixon Line you can get them. So once you try them you will be craving for more and more and more!
As a second favorite the Apple Cinnamon Rasin pancakes make with fresh apples (not apple comput). They are light and fluffy no need for any extra syrup or butter. I alternate and have the whole wheat ones when I want to be a good boy.
Having been a diner officianado for the past 50+ years I look at every plate the waiting staff brings out ( a bad habit my uncle Joe taught me). But everything looks great and although I am the pancake King of the family. My children and wife love every dish they eat and they always choose something different (not like me).
Ask and they will make anything you want to your satisfaction. I recommend anything and everything. Portions are more than enough to make your tummy full. No need for tons of food on your plate quality not quantity. In addition all baking is done on the premises. But my diet does not allowe me to indulge in sweets.
Plan on a short wait during lunch time or Sunday morning but the wait is worth it. The waiter staff is excellent. They are wonderfull and managenent does a great job in teaching and training them customer sevice. My favorite is Rose but every server will make sure you are satisfied.
I have been on a low carb diet for many years but I never worry about the extra carbs when it comes to my PANCAKES! A must for anyone in the lower Hudson Valley. Stop in you will love the food and the service.

• Visited February 2014
“Large servings of food”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have gone to this diner many times since it first opened because it is inexpensive and close to my house, and I have never once had a lunch or dinner meal there that I actually enjoyed. Never get the mac n cheese, I have ordered it on two occasions and both times it made me throw up. They serve quite a lot of food, and I rarely am able to eat even half of my plate. However, the breakfast food is pretty good and the desserts are great.

• Visited November 2013