“Nice property but some improvements needed”

Days Inn Brewerton/ Syracuse Near Oneida Lake
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brewerton
Ottawa
“Nice property but some improvements needed”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We enjoyed this property for the most part but some improvements are needed. From a positive perspective, the two rooms we booked were exactly as pictured. They felt clean and tidy, and were outfitted just as we had expected. The common areas of the hotel were clean as well, and the breakfast was pretty decent. Location is just off the I-81 making it easily accessible to getting into downtown Syracuse in under 10 minutes.

In terms of improvements, we suggest the following. First, we booked two room and requested that they be in quiet parts of the hotel. We were told that both rooms would be located at the back of the hotel near some neighboring homes. However, one of the rooms was at the front of the hotel facing the parking lot and cars were coming into quite late into the night. Travelling with a small child, that was less than ideal. The room also had an odd smell, sort of musty for lack of a better explanation. Not sure why that was but it was a bit uncomfortable at first. We thought of asking for another room but the hotel was fully booked. Lastly, the breakfast, although good, lacked variety. A few more choices on the menu would have made it that much better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Jessica M, General Manager at Days Inn Brewerton/ Syracuse Near Oneida Lake, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hello, Thank you for the compliments on our decor. I apologize for the location of the rooms we always try to accommodate requests. I tried to look into the reasoning behind the separation of your rooms however I was unable to locate the record of your stay with the information provided. Our building is made of concrete to avoid noise transference, I am sorry you were inconvenienced. I always encourage guest to let us know of any issues during their stay. If you voice your concerns while you are here we will have a chance to rectify the problem. Our breakfast is complimentary it includes Danishes, Mini Muffins, English Muffins, Bagel’s, Wheat Bread, White Bread, 2 types of cereal, oatmeal, fruit & a make your own waffle station. I will look into the possibility of adding a few different menu items. I hope you will stay with us if your travels bring you to our area in the future.

Thank you for your feedback it will help us counties to grow and improve,
Jessica Morey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Boalsburg
Reviewed September 23, 2013

had 2 rooms reserved, front desk clerk insisted there was only 1. I later called hotels.com about it and they checked and found out that your hotel had one of the rooms I reserved marked as a "no show", while at the same time selling a room at the higher walk-in price to the same named guest. Can service be more incompetent than this?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Jessica M, General Manager at Days Inn Brewerton/ Syracuse Near Oneida Lake, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hello, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you suffered during your stay at the Days Inn Brewerton/Syracuse, NY. I am familiar with your troubles as I worked with Hotels.com when correcting this matter. Due to the fact that our system is organized by last name and your reservation was sent to our hotel with your name input incorrectly my front desk staff did overlook it. I was only able to locate this reservation with the confirmation number. I will discuss how to better address an issue like this with my staff.

Thank you for your feedback it is important to us,
Jessica Morey

Travelers are raving about these Brewerton hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewerton
Comfort Suites Cicero - Syracuse North
#2 of 11 in Liverpool
Quality Inn near Destiny USA
Quality Inn near Destiny USA
#10 of 11 in Liverpool

Been to Days Inn Brewerton/ Syracuse Near Oneida Lake? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Brewerton/ Syracuse Near Oneida Lake

Property: Days Inn Brewerton/ Syracuse Near Oneida Lake
Address: 5552 Bartel Rd, Brewerton, NY 13029-9822 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)
Location: United States > New York > Finger Lakes > Brewerton
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brewerton
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Days Inn Brewerton/ Syracuse Near Oneida Lake 2.5*
The Days Inn Brewerton/Syracuse Near Oneida Lake now offers free wireless high speed Internet access and pillow top mattresses! We are within close proximity to Oneida Shores and beach and just minutes to Syracuse, NY State Fairgrounds and Oswego. 45 minutes to Fort Drum military base. Hotel features include free local phone calls and a complimentary Express Start continental breakfast. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start Breakfast Bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, and even hard boiled eggs. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll.Visit Syracuse and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Brewerton/ Syracuse Near Oneida Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Brewerton/Syracuse Hotel Brewerton