“Never Again!!! Terrible”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brewerton
Ransomville
“Never Again!!! Terrible”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Got there and the check in desk was cluttered with junk. Things piled up on it because they were painting the walls. Room was a dump. To make it worse. The air didn't work in our room!!! We told them about it and they told me to " turn the knob to cool " not just the fan. I did, It didn't work! We had to spend 2 days in a sweltering room. couldnt sleep at night it was so hot and stuffy. Windows aren't made to open. They did nothing about it. Would have left but all hotels were booked for a big car show in area. Complaints written to corporate were adressed with a "sorry...please stay again" Never Again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharon Y
, Manager at Days Inn Brewerton/ Syracuse Near Oneida Lake, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Hello,

We are very sorry for the condition the hotel was in during your stay. We tried our best to keep all public areas clean and clutter free while we renovated the WHOLE HOTEL. Unfortunately, with the time frame we had to finish the renovation it did get a bit eye sore to look at on some days and we do apologize for that. I would like to let you know that the hotel is now completely finished with all renovations and the hotel is like new including the Air-units in each guest room. We hope in the future you give the hotel another chance now that the renovations have been completed. To see the completely renovated hotel please go to www.brewertonhotel.com.

Jessica Morey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Utica
Reviewed April 13, 2012

What a great hotel. When I booked, there was a note on the site that said they were remodeling. Although there was still some carpeting padding rolls in the lobby--they were laying new carpet, the staff was friendly and the place was wonderful. We were on the second floor where the rooms were just completed the day we stayed. A young man working on the remodel asked how we liked our room. When I told him everything was wonderful, you could see that he took pride in his work.The young lady at the desk was delightful. I have not always been happy with the current condition of Days Inns but this was great. Hope that you give the new management and the fresh new look a chance.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank JS-UPDATING
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy to see you enjoyed the newly renovated Days Inn Brewerton, NY!

Jessica Morey
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We had to stay in the area for work and booked our room at The Days Inn on Orbitz. After driving 2.5 hours to get to the hotel we enter the lobby and immediately see a sign stating " pardon our appearance as we remodel". There were piles of carpet and carpet padding in the lobby and lounge area. After checking in the receptionist suggested we go to the second door for easier access to our second floor room. When we entered the door we saw a construction site. Debris, dust, rags and basic filth met us and followed us up the stairs in the corridor and into the room. We had to find the outlet to plug the phone in, which was covered with a 1/4 inch of dust. When we called down to the front desk to ask hit a clean room we were told that there was no guarantee that any room would be any better. When asked why they were open we were told I don't know

• Stayed March 2012

Travelers are raving about these Brewerton hotels

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed December 3, 2011

I stayed here on December 1, 2011. It is a great place to stay if you don't care about cleanliness. The tub was a mottled light brown color and had not been cleaned in a month or so. Urine stains around the toilet. Grime on the tile floor. They change the bed linens and replace the towels, though. I tracked some leaves in and they were still there the next day.

The nice part is that only a few people stay at this motel so there is not a lot of noise in the hallways. You will probably be the only person at the complimentary breakfast.

I asked for a non-smoking room and they gave me a room with an ash tray.

I doubt the Days Inn management reads these reviews or they would 'tighten up' the way this place is run.

Room Tip: Noise from the heating system in adjacent room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
General M, Owner at Days Inn Brewerton/ Syracuse Near Oneida Lake, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Hello ,

Let us start off and say we are very sorry to all past guests who had a bad experience at the Days Inn Syracuse-Brewerton. We would like to let you know that the hotel is under new OWNERSHIP and MANAGEMENT as of 12/21/11. The new Owners are committed to increase guest satisfaction to 100% at the Days Inn. The hotel will be undergoing a full renovation of the hotel which will be complete by April 2012. The renovation will not affect any guests who stay now till April. Those who experienced a bad stay, who can provide a receipt or proof of stay, will receive a 15% discount to stay at the hotel again under the new ownership and management.
Again, we apologize to all guests who experienced a bad stay in the past with the Days Inn Syracuse – Brewerton. We hope you will give the hotel another chance.

Days Inn Syracuse-Brewerton
SUNdhm – SUN Development and Hospitality Management (New Owner)
Smiths Falls
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I have stayed at this motel before, (this past spring) and it was a great experience. After reading the reviews I thought maybe I should look elsewhere this place must have changed....
After looking at many options and reviews I decided to stay at a place I knew and took a chance.
Again this place was great! Clean, safe, very friendly and polite and a good price. I will gladly go back.
P.S. The only thing we missed this year was the hot waffle maker for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I was visiting Brewerton about a month ago and decided to stay at this location while I was there. I've read other responses about this hotel online and because of the mixed reviews, I decided I'd see for myself. When I arrived, there was a wonderful young girl and young guy at the front desk. They were very helpful and sweet, Always willing to help me with anything that I needed. Once I got into the room, I looked for the ants and dog hair on the carpet like most reviews claimed but found nothing. I was actually quite pleased with how the hotel looked. The hotel is in a great location, The Waterfront Tavern being the best restuarant in the area. Upon checkout, breakfast was a little scarse, as well as the staff for a little amount of time.

In my opinion, This hotel is nothing like the reviews say they are. It's a great place to stay if you're looking for safe place to bunk for the rate they offer.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We thought we would give it another try since it was only for one night on our way to Potsdam. I could not believe that this hotel could get any worse but it was dirtier than the first time a year before. When we went to check in, the young lady at the desk seemed to be clueless on how to check us in and I had to ask for a receipt after I paid. Later that evening when we returned from dinner, she was sitting outside with another girl and a young man, smoking and she was spinning a hula hoop around her waist. I mean come on...how unprofessional! The carpets, hallways, entrance etc was just disgusting...NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Days Inn Syracuse-Brewerton
SUNdhm – SUN Development and Hospitality Management (New Owner)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewerton
Comfort Suites Cicero - Syracuse North
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area
Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay
Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay
#2 of 12 in Liverpool
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oswego
Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds

Been to Days Inn Brewerton/ Syracuse Near Oneida Lake? Share your experiences!