“Excellent Food, Great Prices, We love this place!”

MI Tierrita Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Colombian
Reviewed March 13, 2011

We have been visiting this restaurant for many years. We all love it here. When we have visitors from outside the country we also take them here. So far every single person we have taken here has loved the food. We just left and there, had a great time today. There was a 30min wait on a Sunday afternoon. The place was just packed. I usually get the Fish in special sauce or steak in special sauce. As a side we usually get the fried sweet plantains. The prices are excellent. The portions you get is good enough for 2nds, we usually have to take half home. Try it, you will love it.

Reviewed July 29, 2010

The family and I just finished eating at Mi Tierrita and we all (including the kids) had a wonderful meal. The pricing was extremely fair and the dishes were truly authentic. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone that happens to be in the Brentwood, NY area. The only negative thing I have to say is the service could be a little better with refilling drinks and making themselves available; however, the employees when dealing with them, they were extremely respectful and friendly.

Reviewed March 20, 2010

Food was very good. Large portions! Make sure you are really hungry before going.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 6, 2008

Food is not bad, but the service is terrible (unless you like when waiters bring your frijoles with their thumbs inside them), and the portions are ridiculously large.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 10, 2007

Just ate there with some co-workers based on the TripAdvisor reviews and I can't find anything negative to say. The bill for three of us came out to $25pp for appetizers, drinks, entrees and generous tip.

We ate arepas and empanadas for appetizers - served hot with some green salsa-like concoction at the table - very delicious.

I had the 1/4 rotisserie chicken plate with soup, another friend ordered the steak & eggs plate, and another friend ordered some shrimp dish. All came with a side of beans, rice and salad. When we left our plates were clean.

I'd have no problem recommending this restaurant. The only downside I saw is that they didn't offer beer, although they did have wines and many different liquors.

1  Thank Long_time_local