“Very Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bowmansville
Toronto, Canada
“Very Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The worst hotel (& dirtiest) I've ever stayed at was a Red Roof Inn in Florida, so I was extremely reluctant to book a Red Roof Inn again. But I read all the reviews and it did seem that people were pleased with it since it had been renovated. I thought -- OK, I'll try it and keep my finger's crossed. Well, what a surprise when we opened the door. It was modern and clean, newly painted, high quality bedspreads, flat screen TV. Laminate floor which was great -- cleaner than wall-to-wall carpeting. Smelt clean & fresh. They haven't upgraded the towels, though -- so that's the next thing they should do. They were rather cheap & thin. I prefer a hard mattress and these ones weren't hard enough for me -- but it would be impossible to please everyone. Coffee maker in room would have been a great touch. Don't remember seeing a fridge. Man at check-in was very pleasant and helpful. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ground floor if you have a lot of luggage (or heavy luggage) as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
redroof10137, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Buffalo Niagara Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It's wonderful to hear that our location was able to change your opinion of Red Roof Inn as a whole. We would like you to know that our Superior King and Deluxe Double rooms are equipped with the amenities that you were looking for. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Castle Hill, Australia
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We needed a place to spend the night on our way to Niagara Falls and came across Red Roof Inn. I have stayed in other Red Roof locations with mixed experiences but, as we were only stopping for the night and short on travel funds, we figured it wouldn't matter. What a delightful surprise to find such friendly service and such great value for money at this Red Roof Inn! The man who checked us in offered several good suggestions of restaurants for dinner. The room was clean, comfortable, and surprisingly quiet for being just off the highway and main roads. Although it was only a short stay, we were very impressed by this accommodation particularly given it's budget-friendly rates.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
redroof10137, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Buffalo Niagara Airport, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property and also for choosing our location for your stay while visiting Niagara Falls.

We're happy to hear that you found our property to be a great value and that our front desk staff was able to provide you with everything you needed to make your stay enjoyable. We hope to see you again the next time you're in the Buffalo area.
orillia
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed at this Red Roof Inn, on Friday November 30th. I was a bit unsure about staying there, sight unseen, it was so reasonable! However, I was more than pleasantly surprised.
From the moment I arrived, it was service with a smile, the girls at the front desk, Holly, and Danielle, were so pleasant, and informed me that I would be staying in one of their new renovated rooms. The room was a huge surprise, beautiful new laminate wood flooring, new drapery,bed skirts, and coverlets. Very tastefully done, and spotless. Also, restaurants were within walking distance. I was able to leave my van there for the week, they provided a shuttle to and from the airport, for a very reasonable fee.As a matter of fact, the shuttle driver called me within 5 minutes of my plane landing, and was there to pick me up! I just can't say enough about this great little find! I will be back to visit this property soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
redroof10137, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Buffalo Niagara Airport, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It's wonderful to hear that you took a chance on our location "sight unseen" and that it ended up being everything you were looking for.

Your glowing review of our newly renovated rooms, our front desk staff members Danielle & Holly and the shuttle service/Park and Fly program that we offer was more than generous and very much appreciated.

Guests like you make what we do worth while. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you're in our area.
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights.. The first night we had to deal with the newly renovated paint smell where we left the window open all night at 32 c outside. 2nd night had to deal with the neighbors conversation through the divided doors which sounded like we were sharing the same room with. I asked the worker at the desk about changing rooms but sorry there are no other rooms available and we weren't the only ones complaining about the paint. I'm not sure if I would stay at a red roof again because on the non sound insulated divided rooms. I pretty much had to stay up until the neighbor turned his tv off and stopped talking and coughing. Anyways if I were you I would stay away for a while until renovations are complete, they cheaped out on the sound proof door just like I cheaped out on choosing this motel..

Room Tip: Get a non renovated room without the smell of paint and make sure you don't have neighbors
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Craig P
redroof10137, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Buffalo Niagara Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Red Roof Inn would like to apologize for the issues that you experienced while staying with us. We hope our guests understand that the renovation is being done to benefit the guests and hotel alike. We are very proud of the work that has already been completed and are aware that new items such as paint, linens, flooring etc. all come with their own scents that can be strong smelling until they are no longer "new" items.

We would also like to apologize for the issues with your connecting room and assure you that this is not the case with all rooms on the property. Red Roof Inn has a handful of adjoining rooms which are accessible through a door inside of your room that allows guests to move in between the two rooms easily without having to go outside. Your room was connected to the one next to yours with the inside door which is why the room seemed to be a bit loud. Also, because we are in the middle of renovation, we are limited on the amount of rooms that are available on the property. This is the reason why the front desk clerk was unable to switch your room for you when the situation occured.

We hope that when our renovation has been completed you will give us the opportunity to show you why our other guests love staying with us.
Palgrave, Ontario
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have stayed at this location numerous times for weekends cross border shopping or just to have a night away. Perfect location, safe, clean cozy rooms, comfortable beds. Staff is very friendly and personable, Check in with Justin great guy very friendly actually remember me. The hotel was just recently updated with new beds, paint, flooring great job. Love the fact no carpet. Also very pet friendly. Great jobs guys keep up the great work. Highly recommend this location.

Room Tip: Ground floor great
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
redroof10137, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Buffalo Niagara Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write an online review of our property and also for complimenting the look of our new rooms! We're very proud of the renovation and it's wonderful to hear that the guests appreciate it as well. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you visit the states.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend shopping trip, chose this hotel based on ability to have our dog say with us. Spacious, well appointed room, comfy bed and fridge/micro combo which was great to be able to have some cold drinks and snacks on hand.

Justin on the front desk was incredible, from getting us a ground floor walkout room, to actually drawing routes on a map for us to find our way around the area easier. Absolute credit to the hotel to have someone knowledgable and sincere on staff, recommended a great restaurant as well which was awesome.

Room itself, while large, could've done with a little sprucing up and a good vacuum, but as I am there with my dog I dont hold it to the same standard as when it's just my husband and I. Loved the fact that there was a large grassy area directly behind our room that the dog could run around on, with just the woods behind it so it was very private
and quiet! Even close to the airport, we didn't hear a thing when in the room, which is a huge bonus! Also, stoop and scoop station out back, with scented bags and a garbage can, so convenient!! Us pet owners appreciate all these little touches, and especially liked thr no added animal charge for staying.

Have already recommended this place to my friends who travel with their canine family members, and will not hesitate to stay here next time I am over! Hopefully Justin is still there with some more tips and tricks for the area!

• Stayed November 2012
redroof10137, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Buffalo Niagara Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
We would like to thank you for reviewing the pet friendly environment that our hotel offers. At Red Roof Inn we understand that pets are family too and so we try our best to make sure that there is ample space and amenities for them to also have a comfortable stay.

We would also like to thank you for your generous comments about our front desk staff member Justin who is certainly a key asset to our team and also for referring our hotel to others you know. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.
Hannibal, New York
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I am a crane operator for my company. We have been here for months. Some of us go home on weekends, including myself. When I check back in after my short weekend home,I am greeted by a great guy named Justin. My room is clean, quiet, and smoke free. Your staff is pleasant and professional. If you ask for information on different places to eat and see, Justin is very helpfull. I would recommend this Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel and also for your comments about our front desk GSR Justin! It has been a pleasure having your company stay with us while you're working in Buffalo. We try our best to stay up to date on all of the dining and attraction options in our area. We're pleased to hear that you have benefitted from the information that you were provided.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowmansville
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport
Aloft Buffalo Airport
Aloft Buffalo Airport
#4 of 22 in Cheektowaga

Been to Red Roof Inn Buffalo Niagara Airport? Share your experiences!