“A Grand, Gracious, Gorgeous Getaway”

The Sagamore Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Bolton Landing
New York
“A Grand, Gracious, Gorgeous Getaway”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Just back from a long weekend at The Sagamore. Stayed in the main hotel and had a large, beautiful, comfortable room with a gorgeous view. All the facilty seemed newly-renovated in good taste and appropriate, traditional style. The staff were professional and friendly. Need to make reservations before you arrive for restaurants and services such as the boat ride or spa services since these fill up. Breakfast buffet was great. Dinner at the Bella Vita ok, but the stunning views are worth it. There were two weddings over the weekend but they did not interfere with or bother the regular guests. I'm sure the perfect weather we enjoyed added immensely to the experience, but I think it is a great place for a weekend away from the city to recharge in nature with luxury.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This was my first time staying at the Sagamore Resort.
The outside of the Sagamore building is look kinda out dated, however I believe the rooms are recently renovated, and is really nice. I stayed at the Lake View Room, over see the Lake and the Pool area, quite.
I like going there at this time of the year is because they're not many people and kids running around, I'm there to relax, away from the noisy from the big city, is a perfect place to go if you're living in the big city, but too bad they're close after Thanksgiving till May for the winter time and reopen again for the high season, I would love to go back again soon
The front desk need to be more educated, I walked up to the front desk and ask what is to see in your town?
Her respond was 'they're nothing here"
WRONG ANSWER!!
You want people to come back, you need to sell your town, telling me how great your town is, if your town have nothing to offer, why am I even bother to come back???

I travel to many places, doesn't matter how big the city is or how small the town is, they're always have their own story to tell

Over all, I will give a 4 stars

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We were looking for a getaway in October when our kids had two days off from school. We picked the hotel because it seemed like there would be a lot to do even if the weather wasn't great. The first two days rained the whole time. My kids are big ping pong players and they were excited to play in the indoor rec room on their first rainy day. We learned it was closed for the season and because there was a conference going on next door. It bothered me that they had it up on the website as if it's an all year round thing. I asked the front desk staff if they could take the ping pong table out of storage in the rec room and move it to the indoor pool area so the kids could play. They said no. I went back to the Executive Office and asked the same thing and a woman there got right on the phone and said "Bob (or something), are you going to be moving the ping pong table from the rec area to the indoor pool? Oh, great. Can you do it this morning?" And, voila, 45 minutes later it was by the pool and my kids spent hours going in and out of the pool, playing ping pong, playing cards. Our rainy day was saved.

The food at the hotel was good, though the Italian restaurant was not a great value. We had a family plan which included breakfast and they were offering the fourth night free, so all in all, for the quality of the room, the delicious breakfast buffet and the spectacular setting and facilities, this was well worth it. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank debPhiladelphia
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We stayed for 3 nights at the Sagamore late september. We arrived around noon and were immediately taken to our room. Bellman was very helpful to give us directions to the starting point of our first hike.
Our room was small but very clean and with a nice partial view of the lake. (although we had a garden view room) Late check out was no problem, we left the room at 2pm and were not charged for it. After reading the reviews , I booked a room in the historic hotel and was very happy with it.
We had dinner at La Bella vita , we found the food average. We loved our dinner at the The club (shuttle to the golf club)
The location of this hotel is unbelievable and the views are great from everywhere, the lobby, the dining room , the terraces, the gym. Be sure to take a trip on the Morgan it is included in your stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Central NY
Reviewed September 27, 2010

The new owners have done a great job of upgrading the grounds, waterfront and historic main hotel. Main lobby is elegant and comfortable. The furniture-filled terraces overlook the pool, waterfront and Lake George. It really is a magnificent property.The staff is excellent. Many amenities, see website.
They are still working on the other guest buildings. The conference center is excellent , there is an e-lounge, and the food quite good. (Runny scrambled eggs.) Restaurant food is very good as well.
We were in building 6, in a moderate room facing the grounds,which was noisily being worked on weekdays while we were there. Our building is a long walk (which is a good thing) from the main hotel and conference center, however there is a shuttle. Our first morning, there was no hot water. Staff showed up immediately, explained the problem and it was fixed that night. Next night we got back late, ready for bed and heard a steady thumping sound. Called the desk, said it might be the condo owners in the building. (Some units are owned.) We could not pinpoint the location. After an hour called the desk again and the staff person could find no-one in any of the units around us. An engineer was summoned who immediately determined it was a ceiling fan from the room below and became our hero. There was no fan in our room.The following night I got out of the shower and discovered only one bath towel. My spouse was able to use a towel I brought from home. (Late for an event that evening.) Also discovered the bathroom rug missing. Left a note for the turn-down staff and got another towel & a rug.
Large room, free wi-fi,comfy king-bed, lge TV, tiny bathroom. Great shower, as long as you have hot water. Do not get a room below grade.
There is a short nature trail, below some of the guest buildings along the waterfront, although the workers partially blocked one end of the trail.
Do not park your car under the pine trees. I came out to find mine covered in tree sap. While looking for a car wash,I drove to Lake George village. I finally asked a construction worker, he directed me all the way to Glens Falls.
Bottom line: grounds are great, staff is great, be careful where you stay and where you park. Do not confuse this with the Great Camp Sagamore near Old Forge, NY.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Oldsmar, Florida
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We were really impressed wtih the Sagamore. The resort has made numerous changes in the past few years and it is really moving up in its rating. Our room was clean, spacious and updated. The lobby, lounge and pool area are beautiful. Staf was helpful and gracious. A great place to stay for a get-a-way. The golf course is terrific.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
new york
Reviewed September 19, 2010

went to much hyped italian rest. on premises-La somthing-on sat nite with wife and daughter age 9=as soon as waiter heard we wanted 1 glass of wine and 2 sodas things went down hill quick and I mean Quick-wine list taken from us with attitude as if we should have known this was some type of requirement-all food came almost immediately and I mean there was no way in million years that food prepared for us -maybe microwaved-maybe returned from another table...who knows-food served luke warm at best and wifes meat dish stringy,tough and unappealing-waiter could care less and turned attention to other tables-we laughed when waiter asked us if we wished to take leftovers as even the homeless would not have appreciated!-new mgmt maybe....same overpriced rotton food-next time brown bag it and sit outside and enjoy Lakes beauty

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
The Lodges at Cresthaven
The Lodges at Cresthaven
#24 of 88 in Lake George
Boathouse Bed and Breakfast A Lake Castle Estate on Lake George

Been to The Sagamore Resort? Share your experiences!