“Most Relaxing Vacation”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Bolton Landing
A TripAdvisor Member
“Most Relaxing Vacation”
Reviewed June 8, 2006

My wife and my two children ages 13 and 11 stayed at The Sagamore over the Easter Holidays. First thing I can say is that it actually felt like a vacation, first time I could say that in a while. When we returned home we actually felt rested!
We stayed in one of the lodges, a beautiful suite with a fireplace and kitchen, private bedroom and bath for the adults and a pull out couch for the kids. It also had a balcony with chairs to sit and enjoy the view of the lake where you could just listen to the water lapping at the shore. The rooms were VERY clean, the staff was extremely attentive and the food was great! Visit Mr. Brown's pub where you can eat and listen to some excellent musical entertainment. Don't believe the other reviews about inattentive staff, perhaps its a matter of treating the staff correctly to receive respect in return.
We also attended a terrific Easter Brunch with some very good food and an expansive selection. If there were any disappointment, it was the fact that due to the time of year, no activities on the lake were running so it was a bit boring for the kids in the beginning. However take a drive to the village of Lake George and there is alot of shopping, ice cream places and places for the kids where you can play miniature golf or ride go karts etc....
All in all a very enjoyable and peaceful time, that we will surely do again.

• Stayed April 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
NH
Reviewed June 5, 2006

My husband & I just returned from a long weekend at the Sagamore. We were celebrating our 2nd anniversary and had a fabulous time despite a bit of a dreary weather.

We stayed in one of the lodge suites, which was nice and large with fabulous views of the lake. Loved the large bathroom too.

We were eager to begin our celebration, I went to open a bottle of wine and found no wine opener! I called housekeeping, but before they could deliver it I was greeted by a bottle of champagne at our door from the manager! (shortly after the wine opener arrived)

We loved the deck and enjoyed lounging out there. We only had dinners at the resort, but both were great. Trillium Bis was wonderful. They have some new staff coming in for the summer but all were very helpful and pleasant. We enjoyed music on the Veranda at night while sipping cocktails. Also we discovered the chocolate cake from Mr. Browns was very yummy, while we didn't have room right after dinner our server on the Veranda was able to bring us up a piece to enjoy.

We definitely hope to return someday!

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank BrittNH
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 28, 2006

Yes, the Sagamore is expensive but I got exactly what I was looking for. My husband and I spent two nights and three days here. We lounged on the dock reading, as someone brought us drinks and snacks. We rented a speed boat and explored the lake. We had absolutely wonderful dinners at Trillium Bis. After dinner, we would walk the grounds and then go to Mr. Brown's Pub to watch the outstanding singer / guitarist. It was a wonderful experience and we look forward to going back.

Stayed May 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
nyc
Reviewed May 22, 2006

This was my first time at the Sagamore. I stayed there to celebrate my friend's engagement with 2 other bridesmaid. We signed up for the best friend's package which included a lunch; however, when I checked I was told my package included breakfast and dinner. She must have confused my package with another. She also forgot to tell me that I needed to pick up my tickets at the spa. The staff needs to be better trained. I spent a lot of time trying to straighten this out. Also my nail appointment was changed from what was originally agreed upon over the phone. I stayed in the lodge, and the rooms were very clean, but I felt the decor could be updated. We tried two of the restaurants on signed -- Mr Brown's Pub and the Club Grill. The food was good at both locations and the prices were reasonable. The service was a little slow but that's because we're New Yorkers.

• Stayed May 2005
2 Thank moosie32
Albany, NY
Reviewed April 19, 2006

I too attended a Child Support Convention at the Sagamore and was lucky enough to get one of their lodge suites right on the lake. My "apartment" included a very nice kitchen, dining area, living room with fireplace and sliding doors leading out to a patio right on the lake (absolutely gorgeous view at sunrise) and phenomenal bedroom and bathroom. I just wish I had dragged my husband along because it can be a very romantic setting. I did feel, if I had not been there with a convention that it is a little overpriced for what you get but overall, I was very impressed with the hotel, the island, and, most importantly - those WONDERFUL views of Lake George!

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank cream0616
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 15, 2006

My boyfriend and I just got back from a long weekend at the Sagamore. The setting is lovely--the hotel has very elegant lobbies and restaurants, and the lakefront area is ideal, with many lawnchairs and docks. We stayed in a suite in one of the lodges, which are near the main hotel but not attached to it. Our suite was spacious, the bathroom was top notch, and the bed was very comfortable. We had a great time hiking on nearby trails, relaxing by the water and taking drives to local lakes and towns.

The disappointmenting part of our trip was the service. The WORST was the Trillium restaurant, where the servers knew absolutely nothing about the items on the menu. For a restaraunt that bills itself as fine dining, it was a little silly. We ate what we thought was a good meal--great salds, cheese plate and steaks. Then we both got FOOD POISONED. We spent the night very ill. When we complained to management they did not immediatly offer to take the dinner off our bill--we had to negotiate it.

I would go back, but not eat in the restaurant. Cate's Italian in the town of Bolton Landing was more reasonable, great food, and she did not make us sick!

Stayed April 2006
6 Thank AndiForker
Rochester, New York
Reviewed March 25, 2006

I was pleased with the Sagamore and the beautiful views.
I'm going again this April.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
Tea Island Resort
Tea Island Resort
#10 of 89 in Lake George
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Lake George

Been to The Sagamore Resort? Share your experiences!