Contessa Resort(Bolton Landing)(Great Value!)
$236
$167
Bonnie View on Lake George(Bolton Landing)(Great Value!)
$145
  • Pool
1,782 results
All reviewsthe main hotelrec centerlake georgela bellabeautiful resortlake viewbrown's pubkids cluboutdoor pooltennis courtsfamily resortlounge chairsshuttle servicethis past weekendlong weekendsuitecondo
Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

Amazing family vacation, weather was perfect, beautiful lake, beautiful pools and rec center. Perfect for kids of all ages. Aged accomodations rooms need facelift. Kids learned how to fish, water ski, knee board. Chips Marina located at the Sagamore's docks were great for water sports.
The good is average at best. The only good restaurant in the resort is La Bella Vitta, they had good good and good service.
The spa was relaxing, great masseuse.
We will definitely be back.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
The_Sagamore_Resort, General Manager at The Sagamore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2016

Dear Karen K,
I thank you for staying with and we are very appreciative of the last line in your review! We are in the process of remodeling two guest rooms in the main hotel which will be used as the standard for the main hotel room renovations we will be starting in January. Your other comments are appreciated and once again thank you!

Reviewed August 28, 2016

We stopped there for two nights between long legs of a trip. It’s one of those historical resorts like the Greenbrier in West Virginia or Pinehurst in North Carolina that’s nestled on its own island in Lake George, New York. Quite lovely, things to do if you have an interest, but my impression upon departure was ‘Wow … that sure wasn’t worth what it cost.’ And of course everything is extra.

We weren’t in the hotel proper but off in one of the many condo complexes that sprinkle the property. My friend was upgraded to a suite with kitchenette which I grant was very nice, but my standard room was as ordinary as any hotel room in NYC and about twice the cost. Service is what you would expect from a historic resort, but except for one occasion (lunch by their pool) we chose to dine off property.

I appreciate resorts in upstate New York have but a short season to make the majority of their revenues for the year but I was disappointed with the Sagamore’s value. I would go back for the laid back ambiance of the place but only if a special, half price deal came along.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear Richard M,

Thank you for thinking of us and stopping by during your trip in New York. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed the resort and thanks for including us in other great historic hotels! I am not sure of your comment that everything is extra though. We have all sorts of activities and events that are complimentary. Not to mention cruises aboard our boat the Morgan. We try very hard to bring value to the resort experience. Please keep an eye out for special deals because in the shoulder seasons we do offer specials and last minute promotions. In closing, I thank you for choosing us and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

Over an eight-year period we have been here six times, until now with our children, this time by ourselves. Our visits have ranged from two to five nights. We have never been disappointed.

If you are considering the Sagamore, know what you are getting: it's a large resort with a lot of families in summer, and if you want a secluded hotel, this is not for you. However, it is so spacious and well appointed that you can make your own privacy. And the setting and location compare with anything you are likely to find.

It's not faultless, and for those who are prone to carp at every imperfection I'm sure they will find some. Yes, it is expensive but you are getting something of real quality. And ignore the complaints about the food. The variety and quality of the food in all the eating places is well above what you might expect in a large resort.

We have only stayed in the main hotel, so cannot speak to the lodges. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed. If you want modern, go to a different part of the world. We first came here before the Opal acquisition and the new owners are clearly first-class hoteliers.

Like the Terminator, we will be back.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear MichaelPreston12,
We thank you for your loyalty to The Sagamore and also for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay. I like the "know what your are getting" line. We are a family resort in the summer and we work very hard to let guests know all about the diverse accommodations and offerings. I loved the last line of your review!!! See you soon!

Reviewed August 27, 2016

We took our 4 kids ages 3-17 to the resort for the Memorial Day Weekend. We had a good time because we arranged to go with other families, but the experience was lack luster. I could write a very detailed account of everything that went wrong, but I won't because I feel that most of the problems could be solved by simply having having more and better trained, more experienced staff. Words of advice, the rooms are small and dated. Don't use the sleeper sofa. Two days later my back still hurts. Double check that the room you want is available, they had to move us to a smaller room after we had already booked. Our room wasn't cleaned until 6:15 in the evening, plan on spending as much time outside of your room as possible. Restaurants on property book up fast, as do restaurants in the nearby area. Make reservations ahead of time. The food on property is pretty poor quality and expensive with the exception of the steakhouse near the golf course (It was fantastic!)
This is a really fun place for 10-14 year-olds. They get the freedom they wouldn't have at home. Make sure you make a plan with your older kids if they are roaming around the property without you. There were two false fire alarms while we were there and one time we couldn't find out 12 year old. We were a little panicked (wandering around in our pj's with a three-year-old) until we figured out it was a false alarm.
This place has a ton of potential. To be fair, it was "opening weekend" for the season. Hopefully, the management will get it together. The spa was good and the golf course was great.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Libby400
The_Sagamore_Resort, General Manager at The Sagamore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2016

Dear Libby400,
I thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay a few months ago. We value hearing from our guests and are appreciative one way or another. I was pleased that your kids enjoyed their time with us and thank you for the kind words about the Club Grill restaurant, the spa and the golf. In addition, your comment about being fair was appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back and again thank you for the review.

Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

Built up to be an exclusive resort that failed at every turn. The prices are 5 star with a motel 6 experience and that is an insult to motel 6. We waited until after 5 get our room, an hour past check in. Not the end of the world but it only happened after staying on top of the front desk. The attitude portrayed is "we don't care because we are the Sagamore". We get to the room and I killed more spiders and insects in two days than I have camping.

The food is mediocre at best. The poolside service is very slow with no real food options. So to leave and get lunch means you forfeit the chairs you needed to get by to at 7am in order to have a place to sit. Don't be gone for any period of time or the pool police will confiscate your stuff and give your chairs away.

Back to the room and the ceiling is water stained, which you understand once you take a shower on the second floor and it leaks all over the place. Then there is the mold on the baseboards from all the water. The room is stuck in the 80s. Very outdated.

The only save was by Chics Marina and our boat captain/guide Benny. Great morning on the lake. Bet then Chics isn't run or owned by he Sagamore which is evident by their service.

All in I would never come back to this "resort" not would I ever recommend it. Don't waste your money.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Tim M
The_Sagamore_Resort, General Manager at The Sagamore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2016

Dear Tim M,

I am truly sorry that you did not have a good experience with us. I am not sure there is anything I could say here that would matter. You have your opinion and I would not attempt to change it save one comment, "we don't care because we are the Sagamore" is unfair and could not be farther from the truth. How do I know this? Because I work with our associates day in and day out, and they only want to provide great memorable guest service.

I thank you again for the review and I wish you the best.