The Sagamore Resort
Contessa Resort(Bolton Landing)(Great Value!)
$110
Bonnie View on Lake George(Bolton Landing)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,712 results
All reviewsthe main hotelrec centerlake georgela bellabeautiful resortbrown's publake viewkids cluboutdoor pooltennis courtslobster rollfamily resortlounge chairsshuttle servicelong weekendthis past weekendfire pit
Reviewed July 2, 2008

I've stayed at the Sagamore twice, once in the late fall of '07 and again right after Memorial day in '08. I was attending a conference and had little time to enjoy the resort.

What little time I did have was impressive. The setting is simply spectacular and offers a radical change from the run-down feeling of Lake George. The resort offers a great indoor pool and gym, lots of boating options, and tennis as well. The grounds are spectacular and service is excellent. The new restaurant is very nice though a little pricey.

My main complaint was the room. I believe I opted for the cheapest option but my room was essentially underground. It didn't matter to me as I was never there (and you may not be either given all the things to do) but take the time when booking to understand where you are located. The room itself was recently refurbished and nice but nothing spectacular.

As a guest, it appeared the conference was very well organized by the Sagamore and well executed.

All in all, the hotel is either a great value or a little tired, depending on what you pay and how much you enjoy the facilities.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed June 29, 2008

My extended family travels somewhere together every year. There are 15 of us, ranging in age from 64 to 3. We all tend to stay at luxury resorts 99.9% of the time. The Sagamore resort can hold its own with any of other fine hotels that we've stayed in.

At the Sagamore, we stayed in the historic hotel. Between us we had a two-bedroom suite as well as three other hotel rooms. All rooms more than met with the highest of standards. Clean, comfortable and well appointed. We all had third floor lakeside rooms and the views were incredible.

The staff (inc. housekeeping, wait staff, concierge, doormen, bellmen etc.) were topnotch.

We ate in all of the restaurants and made use of room service. In our five day stay we had no complaints with any of them. I have to say the breakfasts were to die for!

We rented ski boats through the hotel on two days and Pat and Brad (the drivers and ski coaches) were more than competent, fun and helpful. We just loved them. They were just great with the participating kids (ages 10, 9, 8, 8, 7 and 6).

I really could go on and on. It was a perfect vacation thanks to the wonderful Sagamore!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank tshughes
Reviewed May 8, 2008

My sister, sister in law and myself had a fantastic time at the Sagamore Murder Mystery Weekend. This is our third time back. The food was wonderful. Service impeccable. All the staff people were super helpful and courteous. Our Room was in the main hotel where all the action was. The room was clean and overlooked Lake George. The bathroom was spotless. The three of us took showers and never ran out of hot water. The Sagamore grounds are spectacular. I can't wait till next year

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Suzyd090
Reviewed April 21, 2008

Returning from the sagamore is always such a sad day for me. I have so much time to relax, enjoy the scenery and bathe in the comfort of the spa. The place is absolutlely beautiful in the spring, with all the flowers starting to bloom and the trees starting to come back to life from a long cold winter. The rooms are always immaculately cleaned, with very comfy beds and lush warm blankets. Sitting on the patio early in the morning watching the sun rise over the mountain, nothing more peaceful than that. So I say if your looking for a relaxing time, the sagamore is for you. And if your into massages as I am, the hot stone massage, nothing like it in the world, Pure tranquility. The drinks and the food are also some of the best anywhere I have been.

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank smatzke64
Reviewed February 26, 2008

We decided to embrace the cold on our anniversary an in the process were left with a terrific impression from a classic property.
I received a weekly travel specials e-mail that included a terrific weekend rate at the Sagamore. By the end of our stay, I would have easily paid double. On our way up there (driving), I called ahead and told them we were going to arrive late in the evening and would be hungry. They said that the restaurants and room service closed at 11:00pm but they suggested that they could arrange for a meal to be waiting for us in our room prior to the closing. I jumped at the chance and was thankful for the suggestion.
From the moment we checked in, the staff was warm and friendly. The discounted rate was for the Lodge rooms, not the hotel section (we knew that already), and we found the accomodations more than adequate for being considered "value accommodations." The rooms were large (200-250sq ft), and rustic. The bathroom was also quite large and well appointed. The rest of the property was impressive to say the least. There was a heated indoor pool w/hot tub, a fair sized workout facility and a spa. The resort occupies it's own little island on Lake George so I can see the appeal of getting away from it all during the summer.
The following day we were pleasantly suprised to find that there was a 4:00pm Manager's Cocktail Reception in one of the dining rooms. While we were enjoying this, we walked over to the concierge and had them make dinner arrangements for our anniversary that evening. When we returned to our rooms we were surprised by room service with a bottle or Per Secco and two champagne glasses.
Our only regret is that we didn't try all of the hotel's restaurants as we were only there 3 days. But we will definately return.
Kudos to the Sagamore and it's staff!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple