The Sagamore Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Contessa Resort(Bolton Landing)
  • Pool
Melody Manor Resort(Bolton Landing)
View Hotel
Adirondack Park Motel(Bolton Landing)
View Hotel
Canoe Island Lodge(Diamond Point)
1,704 results
All reviewsthe main hotelrec centerlake georgela bellabeautiful resortbrown's publake viewkids cluboutdoor pooltennis courtslobster rollfamily resortlounge chairsshuttle servicelong weekendthis past weekendfire pit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The views will take your breath away. We had stayed in Lake George and decided to book a few days in Bolton Landing to get away from the crowds. On a whim we checked into availability at the Sagamore and were informed we could have a room if we did not mind 2 double beds. We were concerned about the cost but thought a few days with that view was worth the splurge. We were taken back when we were directed to a dark cabin like room away from the main hotel. The room was very tiny with a small kitchenette, a love seat (that was almost on top of the TV), 2 dining chairs (but no table) and a queen bed on the second floor - and a used diaper in the trash. We called the front desk as we could not stay in this room when there were 4 of us. The manager was great and immediately re-booked us into a beautiful room in the main hotel. We found the staff friendly and attentive. Food and drinks are overpriced but that is almost to be expected. There is also a $30/day resort fee tacked on. Given the prices of the rooms I find the additional fee insulting- but that's just me.

Room Tip: Be specific where on the resort you are comfortable staying. The cottages or garden rooms are dark, small and quite a distance to the main hotel.
5  Thank bp02864
Reviewed July 9, 2013

There is no better or more beautiful location than the Sagamore. The views are gorgeous, and the facilities are lovely. The hotel still maintains the aura of a lost age of decadent splendor, particularly in the summer. Appearances are impeccably maintained. The problem is in the execution. We were there for a four night weekend over July 4. The lower level lodge room was fine though the AC was having all sorts of noisy problems. The TV did not work despite a couple of calls to housekeeping. Then there was the transformer outage, plunging the hotel into total chaos on July 4. Our dinner on the terrace was nice looking, but the food was terrible and very expensive (generally a bad combination). I believe this may have been due, in part, to the power problems. Brunch on Sunday morning was certainly ample, though service was very poor (at a buffet no less). The golf course is excellent but drainage problems continue to plague players on 6 or 7 holes. The pool area is absurd. WAY too crowded. All of the chairs are taken by 7 am. Really? Pool workers "save seats" and umbrellas for certain guests which is really shameful. The filter broke on the main pool and it was a cess pool of germs. A young child actually threw up in the indoor pool! There was a wedding 3 straight nights while we were there, which I think starts to detract from the main service for hotel guests. However, the view remains outstanding! I keep vowing I will not go back, but then summer comes around and I think about sitting in an Adirondack chair on the lawn, and I can't help myself but make that reservation!

Room Tip: Lower level lodge rooms are cave like and noisy from those upstairs. Ask for a room close to the hotel if you are in one of the lodges, you do NOT want to be in Lodge Six or Seven!
3  Thank Cindy K
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The room we had was small but nice. The bathroom was updated and clean. The pool area was very nice and overlooked the lake. The hotel is in walking distance to Bolton landing, but about 10 minutes from the city of lake george. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The concierge was very helpful and nice. We ate at the Italian restaurant in the hotel which was great! The hotel had daily scheduled activities for kids and families. It was a full service resort. They also offer a free boat tour of the lake on their boat. They have boat rentals, tennis and much more.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family visited the Sagamore years ago and loved the hotel and location. Hearing that the Opal Group has newly renovated the facility made us curious enough to go back, this time as an "older" couple without children. I had mentioned that there was just the two of us and asked for a modest room, but was surprised to find we had in a very large suite. Supposedly, this was the only room left, even though I made my reservation 3 months in advance. The room was much more than we needed and way too far from the main hotel. For the most part the staff was friendly and helpful, but the bar area was a frustrating mess. Food in all the venues was wonderful, but sometimes impossible to get a table. In fairness this was July 4th weekend, but I think the following best describes the Sagamore: great for families with lots of kids, but noisy and crowded if you are looking for an adult getaway. And way too expensive for what you get.

Room Tip: Make sure you know where your lodge is located. Some are far from the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Harradexperience
Reviewed July 8, 2013

OMG...when I had read on Trip Advisor before I left for my trip, about the spider problem at The Pavillion restaurant at The Sagamore, I couldn't believe it to be true BUT when we went for the 4th of July weekend, I couldn't believe what I saw!! First off, the hotel is beautiful. We were lucky enough to score a reservation at The Pavillion which is right on the lake to dine and watch the fireworks on the 4th of July. We weren't seated for even 2 minutes, and already things were crawling on me!!! We were a party of 6 and 3 of us could NOT take it anymore..spiders on the tables, the chairs, the rails, the floor, everywhere!! When we brought it to the attention of the staff, they sighed and said they are well aware of it but there's nothing they can do...they're not allowed to spray because it's on the Lake and that they've lost sooo many diners because of it. They were all SOOO nice and understanding. I felt bad for them as well. They were so accommodating however and set us up in La Bella Vita, their Italian restaurant INSIDE the hotel and it was wonderful!! The other 3 in our party did stay at The Pavillion and dealt with the bugs as they were not affected by their presence. They had a very good meal there as well. I feel however that this review is necessary for those out there who do not like bugs...this is an expensive restaurant and one should not have to dine feeling uncomfortable throughout the course of their dining experience. Thankfully we did get to see the fireworks before we RAN INSIDE!!

3  Thank Laurie C