Contessa Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Sagamore Resort(Bolton Landing)(Great Value!)
$229
$206
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewspontoon boatlake georgetwo bedroom cabineach morningdiner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Bolton Landing is a beautiful spot, with less bustle than the town of Lake George. Contessa Resort was lovely, and clean, the perfect spot for a family. We traveled with our toddler who loved the pool and the playground. There are also picnic tables right on the lake, as well as free canoes for guests. We also found Bob Parrotta, the owner very helpful with information about the area, and restaurant advice. We stayed in the penthouse suite with gorgeous views from the deck.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2009

We just got back from spending two weeks at the Contessa Resort on Lake George. I have to tell you that I miss the place - it was fantastic.! My family stayed in several units at the resort and made it an extended family vacation. I had my wife and 4 kids in my unit and everything worked great. The maid service was so attentive and always went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. Since we also rented a dock slip for our boat, the maid's even made sure we had spare towels to wipe down the boat the morning after a rain shower. Captain Bob (aka Bob Parotta) is great. He's taken on a new venture of renting Pontoon boats at the Contessa. If you've never been on the Lake, a pontoon boat is probably the best way to get started and he has a fleet of brand new boats that were always in use. We probably saw Bob 4 times a day as he was always running from one issue to another, but he always stopped to make sure we had everything we needed. He really made us feel welcome and relaxed at his place. It was very clean. The staff was constantly tending to the grounds and taking care of the landscaping. It was very clean and well maintained.

As for the resort - it is a real find. Lake George is 32 miles long, and it splits right at the infamous "Narrows", where the lake is at its widest point before snaking up between the interesting little islands that make the narrows. It is hear, that the lake is at its widest point, with Black Mountain in the backdrop literally falling into the water that the Contessa calls its home. It is by far the most beautiful view on the lake! Sitting on my own deck (each unit has its own well sized deck), I could stare at that view for hours.

I strongly recommend the Contessa to any families looking for a way to get the best out of Lake George. If you've got your own boat - get a dock from Capt Bob - if you don't, get one of his Pontoons and get out on the lake. It's the best way to experience this Adirondack Treasure!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Rhopki
Reviewed August 5, 2009

We had a wonderful time at the Contessa Resort. The pool overlooks Lake George with amazing views of the Adirondack Mtns. and there is a playground for the kids. The rooms are clean, nicely decorated, comfortable and cozy. The owner is personable and went out of his way to make sure our stay was enjoyable and he recommended a great place to eat that was a short distance from the resort.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2009

The Resort is centrally located on Lake George just outside the town of Bolton Landing. The town has all you need, restaurants, shops and a Supermarket. A ten-fifteen minute car ride brings you into Lake George Village. All the cabins have been recently renovated and improved. My whole family has been coming to this resort for over thirty years now and we rent several cabins. Cabins all have a private deck with great views of the lake. Dock space is available at an additional cost - bring your boat or you can now rent a pontoon boat on the premises or use the resorts canoes for free. Gas grills are outside every cabin and there is daily maid service. My kids are college age now and still enjoy their week at the Contessa.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2009

I went here with my family - sisters, brothers, and their spouses and kids ranging from ages 8 to 21. It's a great place to get away for a weekend or week. The lake is beautiful and the views from the rooms are awesome. There is a homey feeling at the Contessa and in Bolton Landing. Also there's a diner just up the hill that is great for breakfast. Locals are there every morning at the counter. It's a perfect scene. The Contessa would also be a good place to stay for single or married couples of any age. It is a welcome change from big city or crowded and touristy vacations.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family