“Clean, comfortable, and cozy” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Contessa Lake George Motel & Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bolton Landing
Contessa Lake George Motel & Resort
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Bolton Landing
East Haven, Connecticut
“Clean, comfortable, and cozy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this Inn. The views from our cabin were stunning. The rooms were neat and very clean. Captain Bob was very helpful and came around to check on us during our stay. Everything you need is right there on the property. It's very close to the little town in Bolton Landing. All in all this was a great Hotel and we will be staying there again soon. Thank you Contessa!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Hillsboro Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

This kicked back, beautiful scenery, resort was a perfect place for my buddies and I to get away from the busy life of the city and just hang around with the guys and do guy things. While we were there we got to rent a boat and cruise the lake that was overlooked by this huge vegetated mountain and visited different sites that were very pleasant to have drinks and go for a swim.
The units we stayed in could either be masculine or family orientated but either way you look at it all the accommodations were there to make this trip superb. The owner, Capt. Bob was very helpful in guiding us to the hot spots that were available in the small town just down the road, and anything we needed he made it happen. I would definitely recommend this place to any family or group of guys like us or even a couple that just wants to get away for the weekend.
John H/Florida

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank John H
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Clean place, not a bad location but the owner is very hard to deal with. He has an abrupt way about him that does not make for comfortable conversatiosn at all even when he is trying to help. Not usre I would go back there!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KJD0717
Hillsboro Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Booked a great two bedroom unit with the most beautiful view earlier in the season. Captain Bob couldn't be more accommodating as well as the on-site housekeeping staff. Spotless unit, recently updated and top notch. Rented a boat for the day and had the best of times. Captain Bob recommended some restaurants we really enjoyed. Going back in September for a long weekend again. Love the property, amenities, view, boats and being hosted by Captain Bob!

Room Tip: Tell Captain Bob what your interested in, and then look on the website.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mercerville, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Contessa is NOT A RESORT!!! Do not be fooled as I was. It is rustic: threadbare and scarred furniture; uncomfortable mattress. Very noisy. The staff is sporadically available; unable to contact Bob. Do not waste your $165/night. Nancy G/New Jersey

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Nancy G
Rexford, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We rented a really nice pontoon from Captain Bob's for a day. Captain Bob and his daughter, Christina, were more than accommodating. Not thinking, we brought our dog, only to find out that dogs are not allowed on the rentals. We travelled a little bit of a distance, and so Christine offered to watch our dog (we had his cage with us) while we took the boat out. It turned out that it was much better that we did not take our dog, because water came on deck and God knows what could've happened. I really appreciated how they were so helpful and understanding. I thought it was just really nice to find a family business that was so accommodating in every way. We will definitely be renting from Captain Bob's again-- next time without our little dog.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cynthia R
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

After searching for a pontoon rental I came across these people while driving to various rental places along rt 9. I stopped in and they had 1 rental left that had the top ripped off by previous renters at a reduced rate. I told them, the captains daughter actually, that there were six adults and a small dog. The rental was set for the next afternoon after I paid the fees in full. We arrived the next afternoon and proceeded to unload the family and gear, including the family dog, when the captain said no dogs allowed. I was astonished as I was sure I mentioned it when I reserved it the previous day. He said no exceptions. I loaded the van back up and went to the office to ask what happened and was told by the same girl that I was mistaken and she started getting belligerent with me. I tried to remind her that we had the conversation about the family and the dog and she said there was no way I mentioned the dog and why would anyone want to take a dog on a boat anyway. I said because she was a part of the family and it had never been a problem any other time I rented a pontoon from other places. I asked for a refund based on their misrepresentation of rental "rules" and she said only if they were able to rent the boat out to someone else. At this point I was out over $300. I asked several times for the refund and she just got more indignant. I went back to my car and re-read the contract. There is NO mention anywhere on the contract and there were no signs in the rental office indicating that no animals were allowed. I told her that if they were not going to issue a refund that I would contact my credit card company and have them reverse the charges. She said good luck. I looked around the office for signage again and saw nothing regarding animals. I started taking pictures for proof and she came around the desk and told me it was time for me to leave and grabbed me by the arm and started directing me to the door. I wasn't yelling or throwing a fit or anything and here's this girl pushing me out. I was trying to have a conversation to get her to realize their error. She was shoving me out the door and my foot was still in the doorway when she was trying to close the door. I told her she was hurting my foot and she pushed harder. I can't believe that anyone would have this mind of attitude and mentality in their treatment of customers. I got my pictures and will peruse this with the credit card company as I am sure I cannot expect an automatic refund from these people. Buyer beware! They're nice to deal with when they are taking your money but not so nice when they have to give it back because of their misrepresentation.

Stayed August 2013
#1 of 5 in Diamond Point
Marine Village Resort
Marine Village Resort
#19 of 87 in Lake George

Been to Contessa Lake George Motel & Resort? Share your experiences!