“Lake George”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bolton Landing
Contessa Lake George Motel & Resort
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Bolton Landing
New York City, New York
“Lake George”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Clean place, not a bad location but the owner is very hard to deal with. He has an abrupt way about him that does not make for comfortable conversatiosn at all even when he is trying to help. Not usre I would go back there!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KJD0717

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Hillsboro Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Booked a great two bedroom unit with the most beautiful view earlier in the season. Captain Bob couldn't be more accommodating as well as the on-site housekeeping staff. Spotless unit, recently updated and top notch. Rented a boat for the day and had the best of times. Captain Bob recommended some restaurants we really enjoyed. Going back in September for a long weekend again. Love the property, amenities, view, boats and being hosted by Captain Bob!

Room Tip: Tell Captain Bob what your interested in, and then look on the website.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mercerville, New Jersey
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Contessa is NOT A RESORT!!! Do not be fooled as I was. It is rustic: threadbare and scarred furniture; uncomfortable mattress. Very noisy. The staff is sporadically available; unable to contact Bob. Do not waste your $165/night. Nancy G/New Jersey

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Nancy G
Rexford, New York
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We rented a really nice pontoon from Captain Bob's for a day. Captain Bob and his daughter, Christina, were more than accommodating. Not thinking, we brought our dog, only to find out that dogs are not allowed on the rentals. We travelled a little bit of a distance, and so Christine offered to watch our dog (we had his cage with us) while we took the boat out. It turned out that it was much better that we did not take our dog, because water came on deck and God knows what could've happened. I really appreciated how they were so helpful and understanding. I thought it was just really nice to find a family business that was so accommodating in every way. We will definitely be renting from Captain Bob's again-- next time without our little dog.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cynthia R
Reviewed August 17, 2013

After searching for a pontoon rental I came across these people while driving to various rental places along rt 9. I stopped in and they had 1 rental left that had the top ripped off by previous renters at a reduced rate. I told them, the captains daughter actually, that there were six adults and a small dog. The rental was set for the next afternoon after I paid the fees in full. We arrived the next afternoon and proceeded to unload the family and gear, including the family dog, when the captain said no dogs allowed. I was astonished as I was sure I mentioned it when I reserved it the previous day. He said no exceptions. I loaded the van back up and went to the office to ask what happened and was told by the same girl that I was mistaken and she started getting belligerent with me. I tried to remind her that we had the conversation about the family and the dog and she said there was no way I mentioned the dog and why would anyone want to take a dog on a boat anyway. I said because she was a part of the family and it had never been a problem any other time I rented a pontoon from other places. I asked for a refund based on their misrepresentation of rental "rules" and she said only if they were able to rent the boat out to someone else. At this point I was out over $300. I asked several times for the refund and she just got more indignant. I went back to my car and re-read the contract. There is NO mention anywhere on the contract and there were no signs in the rental office indicating that no animals were allowed. I told her that if they were not going to issue a refund that I would contact my credit card company and have them reverse the charges. She said good luck. I looked around the office for signage again and saw nothing regarding animals. I started taking pictures for proof and she came around the desk and told me it was time for me to leave and grabbed me by the arm and started directing me to the door. I wasn't yelling or throwing a fit or anything and here's this girl pushing me out. I was trying to have a conversation to get her to realize their error. She was shoving me out the door and my foot was still in the doorway when she was trying to close the door. I told her she was hurting my foot and she pushed harder. I can't believe that anyone would have this mind of attitude and mentality in their treatment of customers. I got my pictures and will peruse this with the credit card company as I am sure I cannot expect an automatic refund from these people. Buyer beware! They're nice to deal with when they are taking your money but not so nice when they have to give it back because of their misrepresentation.

Stayed August 2013
8 Thank Rcjsjr
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We recently spent one night at the Contessa Resort.The rooms were very nice.It was definitely one of the most comfortable hotel beds we had slept in,and a four poster bed at that.The room had a full size fridge,a sink and microwave and a full private deck with a few of Lake George.The location was also good.We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was very nervous about staying here with my friends after reading all the reviews of Captain Bob. However, you can't always believe what you hear. I think when respect is given it is received. Captain Bob's property is not a corporate hotel like the Hilton, Radisson etc so he personally cares about his property and what people are doing around it. Myself and my friends are pretty rowdy and like to have a good time and we didn't have issues but again, we treated the cabin, property with respect!
The 3 bedroom cabin was EMACULATE! So clean ans spacious with beautiful decor. It was perfect for us 3 couples. We even rented a pantoon on Saturday, which Bob threw in a free tubing raft. He is very thorough with his boats and pay attention because you don't want to loose your security deposit! When we came back he was joking around with us and asked 5 times if we had fun! Grounds were awesome! Kayaks, volleyball, pool. We even brought cornhole that we set up in the playground area. We had a BLAST! Very close to stores, shops, restaurants etc. We reccommend it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
#1 of 8 in Bolton Landing
Golden Sands Resort on Lake George

Been to Contessa Lake George Motel & Resort? Share your experiences!