“Captain Bob Not Angry”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bolton Landing
Contessa Lake George Motel & Resort
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Bolton Landing
Brooklyn, New York
“Captain Bob Not Angry”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

This place was great. I found out about it online; from tripadviser.com actually. I read a lot of the reviews, the negative ones in particular. They did not deter me because the price was very affordable and the proximity to everywhere I wanted to be was fantastic. I also loved reading the negative reviews about the Captain because they were all hilarious. Anways, I have to admit, I was a little nervous upon arriving there figuring that Captain Bob was going to verbally destroy me for some reason or another. He was in fact very nice, and the resort was cute, quiet and comfortable with a gorgeous view of the lake. Give it a shot.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Pure-Victory

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Pleasantville, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Had just had a very disappointing and negative experience at Chic's marina and fortunately found an ad for Capt. Bob's pontoon boat rental. I called and drove the 1/2 mile up the road to Capt. Bob's. A young woman in the office took my information and we agreed to the week's rental. Capt. Bob then met us at the dock and showed us our boat. It had minor scratches and few dings but was spotless, a 20 ft Bennington with a 90hp two cycle engine. Capt. Bob went over every detail of the boat, lake regulations, gave us his cell number if there were any problems, told us if we were nearby he would refill the oil reservoir without charge and went through all the safety requirements. He threw in extra life preservers ( we had six persons staying on vacation, gave us 10 jackets.."for guests"). Bob was no less expensive than Chic's but his boat was far. far, superior and he was really helpful. When we returned the boat, he gave it a good look over and gave us back a $500 charge slip held in case of damage. My son later read the less favorable reviews and we asked Bob about them. He answered candidly and if you look he responded to each with an explanation. I had seen "bad" reviews for Chic's but none had a response from them. I should have listened to those reviewers.

Room Tip: did not stay rented boat only
2 Thank robert s
Centennial, CO
Reviewed August 17, 2011

My family and I have been vacationing at Contessa for many years. The place has never looked better. The grounds are beautifully maintained and the views are spectacular. All units have large decks with lake views. We were in a two bedroom cabin. Nice living area with TV and air conditioning. Kitchen was well stocked. It was perfect for our family. Each unit also has a gas bbq. We had a few meals at the cabin but we also has some dinners in Bolton Landing. It's a short walk. It's a bit of a hill, so some members of the family opted to drive.

We rent a dock space for our boat. The dock area is quite nice with lounge chairs. The kids fished off the dock. There is also a great pool and nice playground. Really something for everyone. The photos on the website are very accurate. We'll be back for sure.

1 Thank eldsib
Malverne, New York
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Our family has been vacationing at The Contessa Resort for many years. We were pleased with the well kep units, landscaped grounds and friendly staff. We enjoyed the beautiful views of Lake George from the spacious decks.. It's a great location just a short distance from the town of Bolton Landing.. An extra bonus is a good diner located next door.

nj
Reviewed August 11, 2011

After renting a pontoon from Bob..all I can say is it was the worst experience ever...Rude, profane, aggressive, shady. Told by locals (which are the best source of information) that they know to stay away from him and his business and will not recommend his services to any of their clients...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank janice G
Middle Village, New York
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Bob was such a caring friendly guy and his staff was always there to help us. Never too in your face. Clean grounds amazing cabins! The view form the deck was breath taking! -Cipoletti

1 Thank aatria
Plainview, New York
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Just came back from our first trip to Lake George. I found Contessa on the internet and was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of our penthouse suite (no musty odor) and the entire resort overall. The penthouse suites don't look like much from the outside and are right off the main road but the views from very nice Kitchen, Living Room and decks more than made up for that. The traffic can be a little loud but it was a hot week and we kept the air conditioning on and that helped drown out the noise. Alot of guests are out on their boats all day so we had the pool pretty much to ourselves all week. Captain Bob was pleasant, offered restaurant advice and waved to us as he rode by on his golf cart- we had no problems with him nor his staff who did an excellent cleaning job on a daily basis and the town of Bolton Landing is just wonderful- I would recommend this resort to friends and family

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolton Landing
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
#1 of 8 in Bolton Landing
Golden Sands Resort on Lake George

Been to Contessa Lake George Motel & Resort? Share your experiences!