“Reliable restaurant for lunch while boating”

Algonquin Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The Algonquin is happy to welcome back friends and families for the 2017 season! Join us Wed-Sun for lunch and dinner, inside and out... as soon as the sun warms those decks! New Artisan Pizzas, Aracini and more... the lake fun is back!
New Jersey
“Reliable restaurant for lunch while boating”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Whenever we rent a boat on Lake George, we will always have lunch here at least once. Love eating outside on the dock. Food is very good, dock hands helpful, service a bit slow, but perhaps I should relax a bit more since I am on vacation. Keep an eye on the buoys when entering to avoid any shallow water.

New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced and food was nasty”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Had to wait for a tables even though there were 6 open, ordered shrimp which you could taste the iodine in, my daughter couldn't even eat hers. Service was horrible, the Waiter was dealing with too many tables and we couldn't even get his attention. The tab came to over $100 for 4 of us. I would have expected a much better experience, much better restaurants in area, don't be fooled by the look of it

Long Island, NY
“Avoid Topside dining”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I have been a customer of the Algonquin Restaurant for decades. My family always went to Lake George for summer vacations and the Algonquin was always a must on our places to eat. I still enjoy eating at the original restaurant. The rueben sandwich is my favorite. Decided this visit that we would try the Topside dining. My husband and I were not impressed. The meals were good but not worth the pricey menu. I will not return there. I will continue going to the original Algonquin.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank 17Greenparade
“Drive up by boat”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Lovely day to sit out side with friends . We were eight of us. I think every one enjoyed their meal. Started with a yummy Bloody Mary with two shrimps.i had the salad with grilled chicken, chicken was dry. The others had the Ruben,hamburger,lobster roll and the best was the cod.
We will be back next year.

Syracuse, New York
“Just so-so”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We, a party of 12, came to dinner at 5:00pm on Thursday, August 13th. We sat outside. Beautiful setting in the adirondack mountains. Good wine selection. Waitress friendly and cordial. Shrimp cocktail delicious, 4 extra large shrimp, soup (seafood bisque) although flavorful, was ice cold. We were denied reservations,however there were tables set up for reservations and a party of six went to their reserved table ahead of us. Also overheard hostess take a reservation over the phone. Sole almandine on the menu, however I requested chicken almandine instead of sole and was told no by the kitchen, even though it would not have been hard to dredge the chicken in the almandine breading. Blackened salmon had lots of crabmeat atop as described. Chicken bruschetta okay. Chicken Chesapeake, advertised as having crabmeat, didn't have a shred, even though our waitress assured us the meat was there, to just smell it. Seafood scampi was cold and shrimp tasted iodine like. Side of angel hair pasta charged $17.00, taken off bill upon complaint. Scallops with prosciutto and Asiago was delicious. Other dinners including chicken Parmesan were also good. Overall, the service was good, the food was either good or a disappointment. Having worked in fine dining in the past, the kitchen should be more accommodating. For the price paid, there are many better options in the region.

• Visited August 2014