“View and great fish”

Algonquin Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Algonquin is happy to welcome back friends and families for the 2017 season! Join us Wed-Sun for lunch and dinner, inside and out... as soon as the sun warms those decks! New Artisan Pizzas, Aracini and more... the lake fun is back!
Reviewed July 12, 2012

It's hard to say how great was the view in this place. Our food was nicely served and a bit spicy. I'd like to thank the waitress for her suggestions and kindness. Hope to be back there soon as i can't forget the view.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great place to stop for a drink and unwind. The view from the deck is impressive! Food & service are nothing special. Would recommend avoiding the crab cakes - lots of filler, little crab and an off taste. Did not care for the clam chowder either. Tastes like potato starch and canned clams. At this place, you go (and pay) for the view.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We enjoyed our trip to the Algonquin for dinner. The dining area offers a great view, and we were seated promptly and greeted courteously. Our waitress was on top of things and very professional.

As for the food, we tried the coconut shrimp and thai spice wings. Both were pretty good.

For dinner, I tried the Mount Marcy burger (a fried egg, bacon, with french fries right on the actual burger and cheddar). It was done very well and was tasty. My wife ordered the fish tacos, made with cilantro and fresh cut slaw. She enjoyed them quite a bit.

All in all the food was not earth shattering, but everyone liked what they ordered and the prices were very reasonable. It was a nice family setting, and we left happy. I would recommend.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was my first time at the restaurant, and I will definitely go back next time I am in the New York. We were in a rush, and even though the restaurant was crowded, they got us in and out within the time frame we told them. I had the swordfish with salad and it was outstanding. The view was beautiful.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Food was nothing special but great sitting on the deck