“Beautiful view, delicious food”
Review of Tavern on the Lake

Tavern on the Lake
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Whether you are vacationing at the Blue Water Manor resort or exploring the Lake George region by land or boat, Tavern on the Lake is the place for dining on the lake. Come and enjoy the casual dining atmosphere or get a drink at our bar while being surrounded by exceptional views of Lake George and the Adirondack Mountains. Tavern on the Lake is now offering breakfast in addition to lunch and dinner and our new menu is filled with great appetizers and delicious entrees!
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We arrived by boat to this popular spot. Dock space is very much in demand here. Attempted to come the evening before, but boats were lined up waiting for a spot. We were lucky one Saturday afternoon. We were seated immediately at a table on the deck, over- looking the lake. Awesome view!
Nice wines by the glass on the menu, as well as many interesting beers to choose from.
I ordered the crab salad. This was a nice portion of real lump meat crab with carrots, celery and onions ( might be forgetting other veggies in it), sitting on top of a fresh greens, tomatoes and homemade croutons.
Hubby had Reuben and fries. He commented that this was very tasty.
Lots of options, including healthy vegetarian dishes.

The inside is very cool to see with the over- sized fireplace and exposed stone walls.
You can't go wrong here!

There are newer reviews for Tavern on the Lake

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

This property has chewed through a few owners over the past several years. I've always gone for the view.

Under the new ownership, I now go for the great food and great service. The view is also still awesome.

Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

After many years coming to LG we decided to check out trip advisor for new places to eat. From others reviews we decided to check out Tavern in the Lake. WOW... What a beautiful view and great food. We went for breakfast and the corned beef hash was amazing!!! We returned again
for lunch and a dinner. Burgers,Ruben, crab cakes pork chop all amazing Food. View, and service was top notch!! Don't miss out!!!!

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Recommended by a fellow boater we docked at the tavern with the help of a young man waiting for us at the dock. My husband, and two young boys climbed the old stone stairs and were quickly seated. Great menu options from salads to entrees. The waitress was great with our boys and the food was delicious! Thoroughly enjoyed our experience. We will be back.

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

My family of 6 and I are on our annual Lake George vacation. This year I have decided to try and document out dining experiences....let's see how that goes.
We decided to try the new TOTL after dining here many years back. (Horrible experience and inedible food). Upon entering we were blown away by the views and renovations. You definitely have polished this gem off. We were greeted my a very nice hostess. She quickly got us to our table and stayed a minute to chat.
Aside from the amazing food, things went a little down hill. Our server I believe was Hana? After waiting quite a while for her to even approach our table, it became evident she was either too busy, or having a bad day. She seemed to have limited knowledge of bar drinks and got a bit of an attitude when we tried to order our cocktails. Yes, we are picky and like our drinks a certain way, but they were not too difficult. We felt like we were holding her up or annoying her - neither being acceptable in my book. When our cocktails finally arrived a good 15 minutes later we were asked to order. We inquired about specials which were quickly read off. We had questions about ingredients etc., and this poor girl didn't have a clue.
I am happy to report that when our entrees arrived we were very happy. Two of us ordered Sea Bass - which was one of the too ten dishes I have ever ordered. Another family member had the Duck which they are still raving about. Everything was cooked perfectly.
In short, we will be back to have more delicious meals enjoyed with cocktails and a phenomenal view, but we will ask for a different server without the incompetence or attitude.