My husband grew up fishing Lake George every summer, and I made my first trip with him in 2005. I discovered The Boathouse online and suggested we stay there, and we've never looked for another place to even come CLOSE! While it holds a special place in our hearts for us (we were engaged on their docks), it simply is the most beautiful location with the most wonderful hosts! We've been very fortunate to stay in luxurious accommodations all across the country, and this is no exception. However the main reason we continue to return as often as we can is the graciousness and friendship of the owners, Patti and Joe.
While many people have detailed the delicious breakfasts and elegant rooms, our draw back to The Boathouse is the people. You are immediately made to feel at ease in their private home and become part of their family, not just a guest. You can choose to join in the banter and spend time getting to know them, or they will respect your need for privacy and allow you to enjoy their home and grounds with your partner. We could spend all weekend chatting with them, but we finally force ourselves to leave the house and make our short walk to town for some great food and drinks (try CATE'S Italian Garden for a seat on the patio under the lights or the LAKESIDE LODGE AND GRILL for great steaks!). We picnic by the water on their lawns (definitely grab sandwiches over near the grocery store and bring them home to sit outside...their daily specials are fantastic) and fish and swim from their docks. We enjoy wine from our room's fridge for sunsets (there's a great wine/liquor store right down the street that even carries some of the Finger Lakes wines I've grown to love...get Dr Franks) and watch the boats cruise by. We fall asleep to the sounds of the lake lapping under the house and wake to light bouncing off the water. Now Joe has a beautiful Hacker boat that he offers to captain for guests wanting a tour of the lake...that's our next adventure! Every time the stay is too short, and we look forward to our next trip to see our dear friends.
I stay at The Sagamore every year with girlfriends, and it just can't compare. The Boathouse is the perfect setting to re-energize and regroup, and the best place to vacation while still feeling like you're at home...all while enjoying the amenities of The Sagamore! Now if I could just get Patti and Joe to adopt us, I will have considered it a true success! Enjoy your stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This "Lake Castle Estate" is the only B&B in the waters of Lake George. Featured in many books and magazines with its outstanding views of the lake & mountains. Historical site, former home of the Gold Cup Winner George Reis. This boathouse has seven rooms all with private baths, some with fireplaces and two person whirlpools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Boathouse Bed and Breakfast A Lake Castle Estate on Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathouse Hotel Bolton Landing
- Boathouse Bed And Breakfast A Lake Castle Estate On Lake George NY - Bolton Landing