“Already planning the next trip...”

Boathouse Bed and Breakfast A Lake Castle Estate on Lake George
Charlotte, NC
“Already planning the next trip...”
Reviewed July 11, 2007

My husband grew up fishing Lake George every summer, and I made my first trip with him in 2005. I discovered The Boathouse online and suggested we stay there, and we've never looked for another place to even come CLOSE! While it holds a special place in our hearts for us (we were engaged on their docks), it simply is the most beautiful location with the most wonderful hosts! We've been very fortunate to stay in luxurious accommodations all across the country, and this is no exception. However the main reason we continue to return as often as we can is the graciousness and friendship of the owners, Patti and Joe.

While many people have detailed the delicious breakfasts and elegant rooms, our draw back to The Boathouse is the people. You are immediately made to feel at ease in their private home and become part of their family, not just a guest. You can choose to join in the banter and spend time getting to know them, or they will respect your need for privacy and allow you to enjoy their home and grounds with your partner. We could spend all weekend chatting with them, but we finally force ourselves to leave the house and make our short walk to town for some great food and drinks (try CATE'S Italian Garden for a seat on the patio under the lights or the LAKESIDE LODGE AND GRILL for great steaks!). We picnic by the water on their lawns (definitely grab sandwiches over near the grocery store and bring them home to sit outside...their daily specials are fantastic) and fish and swim from their docks. We enjoy wine from our room's fridge for sunsets (there's a great wine/liquor store right down the street that even carries some of the Finger Lakes wines I've grown to love...get Dr Franks) and watch the boats cruise by. We fall asleep to the sounds of the lake lapping under the house and wake to light bouncing off the water. Now Joe has a beautiful Hacker boat that he offers to captain for guests wanting a tour of the lake...that's our next adventure! Every time the stay is too short, and we look forward to our next trip to see our dear friends.

I stay at The Sagamore every year with girlfriends, and it just can't compare. The Boathouse is the perfect setting to re-energize and regroup, and the best place to vacation while still feeling like you're at home...all while enjoying the amenities of The Sagamore! Now if I could just get Patti and Joe to adopt us, I will have considered it a true success! Enjoy your stay!

• Liked — location
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lkg_link

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
GR, NJ
Reviewed June 3, 2007

We were invited to a family wedding and The Boathouse was on the list of suggested places to stay. When I called to make the reservation, Joe answered and I knew from that conversation we made the right choice. From the first moment we set foot in their home, we felt like we were part of Patti and Joe's family.

Our room was tastefully decorated, spotless and had great views. It had lots of windows and a little seating area off the bedroom. Thank goodness Patti thought to add toothbrushes and other bath amenities to the room, as I had left my bag at home. I was so happy I did not have to go out at 11:00 PM to find an all night drugstore! Breakfast was amazing. It felt like we were guests at our best friend's home, enjoying great food and conversation. On Saturday, we had a chance to go on the "Boathouse' and have a great tour of Lake George. I highly suggest adding this excursion to your "to do" list.

Joe and Patty make running this B&B look very easy. The grounds are immaculate and well manicured. The common rooms are friendly and inviting. They love and embrace the history of the house and share it as if you were asking about a member of their family.

As we left for the wedding on Saturday evening, Joe was sitting in the lawn chair and Patti was busy watering flowers. We commented that
if we didn't have the wedding, it would have been fun to go down by the water and just hang out.

Unfortunately, all good things have to come to end. I only we wish had more time to sit out on the porch or on the lawn to just read, relax and enjoy mother nature.

It's on my list for our next visit. Thanks again for making this a weekend to remember,

Moore & Paula
G.R., NJ

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank PgalC
NJ
Reviewed May 20, 2007

The Boathouse B&B is probably the most beautiful B&B my husband and I have ever stayed in. We enjoy traveling with friends and staying at B&Bs and have been to many over the years. This was by far the most unique and the most comfortable. Patty and Joe are friendly and warm and make you feel comfortable from the moment you step through the door. Cheri, their manager is also very friendly and welcoming.

The boathouse was built in the early 1900s. It was in disrepair when Patty and Joe bought it. They have restored it beautifully. Their rooms are bright and comfortable and the beds! Oh, the beds are wonderful. Top quality mattrasses, sheets and bedding. And the setting on the lake and the views are breathtaking.

Breakfasts were delicious and always started with fruit beautifully presented and delicious. The main courses were always delicious and cooked to perfection.

There's not one thing I can find that I didn't like or enjoy at the Boathouse. If you have a chance to stay in the Lake George area I would highly recommend the Boathouse. It is a gem!

• Liked — The friendliness and the comfort of the house.
  • Disliked — There is nothing I didn't like.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LC_from_NJ
Philadelphia
Reviewed April 29, 2007

Joe & Patti were wonderful hosts, and they went above and beyond any expectations for a bed & breakfast setting. They were welcoming, gracious, and the breakfast was delicious. We weren't expecting a three course breakfast, although it was a fantastic start to our mornings in the quaint Lake George. The house is cozy and has an incredible location- right on the lake. The view of the frozen lake from the Romano was beautiful.
Definitely recommend a visit.

Stayed April 2007
2 Thank Rekhs
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed April 21, 2007

My wife and I just got back from a wonderful weekend at the Boathouse Bed & Breakfast. The property, situated directly over the lake, is absolutely gorgeous. It offers stunning views of the lake, Dome Island, and Buck Mountain. A beautifully finished deck connecting directly to the family room/dining room provides great opportunities to sit in the morning sun or enjoy the afternoon breezes. We stayed in the Romano Room and enjoyed it immensely. What the room doesn't offer in space, it makes up for in comfortability (bed, sheets, and deck sitting over the lake).

Owners Patti and Joe are two of the warmest people you will ever meet. We thoroughly enjoyed our morning chats before everyone in the house awoke. Patti's breakfasts were delicious!!! And the peanut butter-chocolate kiss cookies awaiting us in our room upon arrival were entirely too good.

My wife and I are a younger couple (late 20's) than what the B&B usually gets, but that shouldn't deter others. Joe and Patti welcome everyone with open arms. We definitely plan on returning!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VetLaw
New Jersy
Reviewed March 31, 2007

This one of a kind bed and breakfast is absolutely beautiful and the owners, Joe and Patti, are friendly, warm and outgoing. Everything from the bed to the quality of the towels and robes was first class. They really pay attention to the details. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will definitely go back!!

• Liked — Beautiful surroundings
  • Disliked — I liked it all!!
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
Madison, GA
Reviewed October 17, 2006

This is an old home built right on the waters of Lake George. We stayed in the Ciara room – not large, but we were very comfortable. The accommodations range from delux to very luxurious.

Breakfast is prepared fresh each day by Patti, the innkeeper, and is served family style in the Great Room. The day we were there, we had a glass of freshly squeezed juice, cup of bananas in almond cream, baked French toast (cream cheese and fruits baked in), sausages, homemade plum granita, coffee cake and tea or coffee.

Patti and Joe are both very pleasant and helpful people.

Guests are offered (for a fee) a ride on the Lake in their 33’ Hackercraft sport boat – a real treat if the weather is warm.

• Stayed October 2006
#4 of 89 in Lake George
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
#2 of 8 in Bolton Landing

Been to Boathouse Bed and Breakfast A Lake Castle Estate on Lake George? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Boathouse Bed and Breakfast A Lake Castle Estate on Lake George

Property: Boathouse Bed and Breakfast A Lake Castle Estate on Lake George
Address: 44 Sagamore Rd, Bolton Landing, NY 12814-7734
Location: United States > New York > Bolton Landing
Ranked #1 of 3 B&Bs / Inns in Bolton Landing
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$$
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Boathouse Bed and Breakfast A Lake Castle Estate on Lake George 3.5*
This "Lake Castle Estate" is the only B&B in the waters of Lake George. Featured in many books and magazines with its outstanding views of the lake & mountains. Historical site, former home of the Gold Cup Winner George Reis. This boathouse has seven rooms all with private baths, some with fireplaces and two person whirlpools. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Boathouse Bed and Breakfast A Lake Castle Estate on Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Boathouse Hotel Bolton Landing
Boathouse Bed And Breakfast A Lake Castle Estate On Lake George NY - Bolton Landing