The reasons I did love the Boathouse: The Boathouse is a beautiful stone structure situated right on Lake George and the grounds and common areas are lovely. The staff and hosts were very pleasant.
The reasons I did not love the Boathouse: Although very expensive, our room was tiny and the decor was early thrift shop. The bed was very uncomfortable and since there was central air conditioning, there was no way of adjusting the temperature in the room. In the hallway, you could hear everyone's behind-the-doors conversations. The much-touted breakfast was good, but it is served only at 9:00 a.m. sharp. The boat tours of Lake George offered by the host can cost as much as $200 a couple if there are no other takers that day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This "Lake Castle Estate" is the only B&B in the waters of Lake George. Featured in many books and magazines with its outstanding views of the lake & mountains. Historical site, former home of the Gold Cup Winner George Reis. This boathouse has seven rooms all with private baths, some with fireplaces and two person whirlpools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Boathouse Bed and Breakfast A Lake Castle Estate on Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathouse Hotel Bolton Landing
- Boathouse Bed And Breakfast A Lake Castle Estate On Lake George NY - Bolton Landing