“Disappointed at Booking policy”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bolton Landing
Carey's Lakeside Cottages
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have stayed at Carey's for the past three years for Americade. I always found it a nice comfortable place to stay. The one strange concept at booking is you can't book until April 1st and you have to mail a check. I find this outdated in today's electronic world. So I stayed last year and tried to book for this year and was told I cannot book a year in advance. So I waited and waited until April 1st and I called. It took 6 hours for someone to call me back. When they did, they informed me that it was all booked up. I found this strange and asked how it could be booked so fast and was informed that people booked from last year, yet I was told I couldn't book that far in advance. So here I am trying to find an alternative place to stay late in the year just before Americade. Thanks a lot (note sarcasm).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank BigSwede62
There are newer reviews for Carey's Lakeside Cottages

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Enjoyable stay ...My room had a stone fireplace and kitchenette which was a nice addition. Kayaks and rowboats available to guests BBQ's and picnic tables available to guests. Great view from the dock. Unfortunately the weather wasn't too pleasant during my stay . Hope to go back in the future

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Loved this place. Met several people who had been coming to Carey's for decades, now bringing their own children there.

Rooms are large, high ceiling and solid wood construction. A little dark - poor sunlight and there's no overhead bulb. Clean, no dingy motel feeling to them. Rooms have wood burning fireplaces! It has a fairly private feel to it, and is definitely different than the numerous "Resort Motels" we passed on the way there (shudder).

Hosts are very friendly and accommodating. It's a real family operation and I totally dig that.

No fridges in the (cheaper) rooms, but there's a shared fridge and gas grills for public use.

Free use of rowboats and canoes is a huge bonus. Small but adequate patch of beach, on an inlet so sheltered from wake. Caught some small fish off the docks.

We initially selected this place because of their reasonable prices but I have no reservations about recommending it to anyone looking for a place to stay in Lake George.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is the place we stay at year after year when we can get up to Lake George. Their prices are GREAT. We always make sure to get a room with a fireplace and kitchenette. They supply firewood! The rooms are small, but room enough for what you need to do, besides you don't spend much time in there when you're at Lake George. They have their own private beach which is great for days you want to just relax. Also they have roq boats for guests to use. The location is awesome. Just a 5 minute walk from downtown Bolton's Landing which has a Ben and Jerry's, shops, a few restarants, bars, and a grocery store. Very family-friendly motel and area!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2012

rustic natural beauty no fuss no muss, peacefull joy ,ive been going to lake george since my children were babies, 26 years ago stayed in many places there from upscale & low scale budget friendly places ,the carey has for years been my go to place ,I find its rustic charm to be that which keeps me coming back, no its not a high class type of accommodation, its more down to earth ,enjoying the amazing views & simple pleasures of life leave behind the rat race ,& relax ,I leave feeling refreshed , & looking forward to my return, there is no air conditioning ,but believe it or not, you dont need it , the ceiling fans & breeze ,off the lake ,keeps it quite comfortable I simply love this place,

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank italqt
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My family has stayed at Carey’s for years. Every Fourth of July we rented the big house on the water. My parents started before I was born and we went for over 18 years. I learned to water-ski at Carey’s. Since I have been married, the family has been back a few times and it is just the way I remember it.

You have to appreciate the fact that you can bring a boat and keep it at their dock. They have a sandy beach and areas to barbeque.

I am disappointed with some of the few negative reviews I read. Just because your neighbor plays the TV loud doe not mean there is something wrong with the resort.

The world is quick to toss around complaints but the mere fact that generation after returns back including me and my family and we are met by the 4th and 5th generation of family owners says something about the quality of the resort.

It is called “Lake George” and what better way to appreciate the lake is to stay right on the lake with a boat. If you are looking for plasma TV’s 24 hour entertainment and high tech gadgets, go on a cruise.

If you want to relax and enjoy the lake. Go to Carey’s Lakeside Cottages.

Room Tip: Call ahead if you have a boat. Make sure they have space for it on the dock.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Our stay at Carey's was unpleasant due to the super thin walls between the units. I think placing television sets in the rooms was a mistake - especially at 2:00am when the group in the adjoining room is blasting their set. The cottages were all full when we stayed there and it seemed to be too much humanity packed into a small area.
The room was very adequate, but large groups took over the dock and raft at the swimming area, thus limiting one's use of all the facilities.
I would recommend going to Carey's during the off season, if at all.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
#2 of 8 in Bolton Landing
Boathouse Bed and Breakfast A Lake Castle Estate on Lake George

Been to Carey's Lakeside Cottages? Share your experiences!