“Cozy and clean!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bolton Landing
Carey's Lakeside Cottages
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is the place we stay at year after year when we can get up to Lake George. Their prices are GREAT. We always make sure to get a room with a fireplace and kitchenette. They supply firewood! The rooms are small, but room enough for what you need to do, besides you don't spend much time in there when you're at Lake George. They have their own private beach which is great for days you want to just relax. Also they have roq boats for guests to use. The location is awesome. Just a 5 minute walk from downtown Bolton's Landing which has a Ben and Jerry's, shops, a few restarants, bars, and a grocery store. Very family-friendly motel and area!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 19, 2012

rustic natural beauty no fuss no muss, peacefull joy ,ive been going to lake george since my children were babies, 26 years ago stayed in many places there from upscale & low scale budget friendly places ,the carey has for years been my go to place ,I find its rustic charm to be that which keeps me coming back, no its not a high class type of accommodation, its more down to earth ,enjoying the amazing views & simple pleasures of life leave behind the rat race ,& relax ,I leave feeling refreshed , & looking forward to my return, there is no air conditioning ,but believe it or not, you dont need it , the ceiling fans & breeze ,off the lake ,keeps it quite comfortable I simply love this place,

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank italqt
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My family has stayed at Carey’s for years. Every Fourth of July we rented the big house on the water. My parents started before I was born and we went for over 18 years. I learned to water-ski at Carey’s. Since I have been married, the family has been back a few times and it is just the way I remember it.

You have to appreciate the fact that you can bring a boat and keep it at their dock. They have a sandy beach and areas to barbeque.

I am disappointed with some of the few negative reviews I read. Just because your neighbor plays the TV loud doe not mean there is something wrong with the resort.

The world is quick to toss around complaints but the mere fact that generation after returns back including me and my family and we are met by the 4th and 5th generation of family owners says something about the quality of the resort.

It is called “Lake George” and what better way to appreciate the lake is to stay right on the lake with a boat. If you are looking for plasma TV’s 24 hour entertainment and high tech gadgets, go on a cruise.

If you want to relax and enjoy the lake. Go to Carey’s Lakeside Cottages.

Room Tip: Call ahead if you have a boat. Make sure they have space for it on the dock.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Our stay at Carey's was unpleasant due to the super thin walls between the units. I think placing television sets in the rooms was a mistake - especially at 2:00am when the group in the adjoining room is blasting their set. The cottages were all full when we stayed there and it seemed to be too much humanity packed into a small area.
The room was very adequate, but large groups took over the dock and raft at the swimming area, thus limiting one's use of all the facilities.
I would recommend going to Carey's during the off season, if at all.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Didi E
Reviewed March 26, 2011

I'm a single woman and have been coming to Carey's every year for over 20 years. If you want the ultimate in luxury you may be disappointed but, off season, Carey's is a paradise for the nature lover. The dock, view from the lake, mesmerizing log fires and the low key living refresh my spirit beyond description. There are no words for how much pleasure I have experienced at Carey's over the years. Bring your own bath towel if you dislike their linens. Nothing about Carey's bothers me one bit. I am grateful they put up with me and my city slicker ways. I have swamped a rowboat, made huge smoky fires and left wood chips everywhere, yet they are unfailingly warm and gracious hosts. I am counting the days until my spring visit.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank houseon3st
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We have stayed at Carey's now 4 times throughout the last couple of years. It is a typical, no-frills Bolton Landing style motel but with great adirondack cottage style rooms. Rooms are good size and are VERY clean. Ask for a room with a fireplace if you are staying earlier or later in the season. Dock space available so if you have a boat, trailer it up! We launched our boat in Norwall Marina where you can also park your trailer just out of convenience for $60, but you also can park your trailer at Carey's. The owner, Billy, is a nice guy who goes out of his way to accomodate your needs.

Motel is great for kids, there is a small beach, swim platform, swing set, and an amusement room. I stayed with my husband and another couple, it's appropriate for all ages. All in all, great bang for your buck. Also, it is walking distance to town.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Our family just returned from another great week at Carey's Lakeside. We have been going there as a family for over ten years. When our children were toddlers, we felt a safety factor that you just don't feel anywhere else. The beach was just the right size to keep an eye on them and they got their first taste of fishing off of the dock. There is a playground and badminton/volleyball net and a rec room with ping pong and some video games. As they have grown they still look forward to going every year. They see friends who also have grown up at Carey's. The rooms are clean, and the beds are warm and comfortable. No AC, but there is a ceiling fan and you really don't need if with the breezes of the lake. We never have. You can grill and picnic with a magnificent view of Lake George. There are canoes and rowboats and boat docks if you own a boat. We rent a boat from Chic's Marina for the day and you get a whole other view of the lake. Carey's is walking distance to Bolton Landing and plenty of nice restaurants. We also found this Opera Museum this year. It is a short walk from Careys and gives you a little bit of the history of the area plus some nice walking paths by the lake. We have been to some really great destinations with our kids and this is the one they love the most. Value wise you can't beat it and from the heart you will love Carey's. The Pfau family really make you feel like old friends.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family