“A memorable evening at the Chateau” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chateau On the Lake

Chateau On the Lake
Reserve with OpenTable
Chateau On the Lake is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Chateau on the Lake is located in upstate New York on Lake George, and is more than a dining establishment -- it's an experience. Our clients visit our property for at least 3 hours, select from our wine list, sit by the fire pit, savor a three to four course meal, and end their evening with coffee/after dinner drinks by the fire pit while roasting s'mores. Chateau on the Lake has been open since 2013, and we have quickly became a popular establishment, sold to capacity night after night. We are a great place to book your wedding. A memorable time is assured when you visit Chateau on the Lake. We hope to see you soon.
Newbury Park, California
“A memorable evening at the Chateau”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I booked the Chateau for our party of seven the night before a family wedding on October 11, 2013. From the moment we arrived for cocktails lakeside by the oversized firepit, the staff was so accommodating and the service was spot on. Our party was an eclectic group, but every need was met and expectations exceeded. From the wait staff to the chef who came out to talk with us post-dinner to the owner, bravo, well-done. I hope visitors to BL recognize this gem for what it is and support it fully as I plan to return whenever I come back to NY.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Good food and fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife went to this restaurant that is hidden at the end of a long driveway. The earliest reservation we could get was for 9:15, but the place looked unique so we gave it a shot. Our waitress was pleasant and very interested in making sure we understood their menu. The ambiance was enjoyable, classy and quaint, it even has two large fire pits outside where you can relax before or after dinner. The food was very good, small portions, but the quality is very high. I would recommend going to this restaurant with your spouse or with other couples.

1 Thank Dan W
Syracuse, New York
“...Meh”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My family and I went here, on the very high recommendation from some friends who are local to the area, but we were disappointed. For a $400 meal for 4 people...it was just no good. To be fair, the location is great--the spot on the lake in Bolton Landing is beautiful, and the patio they set up is very well done. But for me that's kind of where it ended. The busboy slammed the bread down on our table, my waitress brought me the wrong dish entirely, and at that, it wasn't that good. I hail from Philadelphia, where the restaurant scene is excellent, so for NYC prices, in upstate New York, I want to be appropriately impressed. The appetizer was good--littlenecks with an interesting corn chowder, but the entree and dessert were sadly mediocre. Our waitress was nice, but the rest of the staff seemed like they thought they were too important to refill water glasses, or even clear the table between courses. Instead, they were walking around like it was their own casual bar, commiserating with each other and not working. I think for the price, manners should be expected. Finally, the decor tries too hard. For lack of a more euphemistic approach, it's like Pottery Barn threw up on the interior...all very fake, trying desperately to be Sag Harbor in small town NY. I never trust the worst reviews I read--I get it--too fussy and these people can probably never be happy with a service. But trust this one: if you want a top notch Adirondack meal, try Bistro LeReoux or Erlowest. As for Chateau on the Lake, limit your encounter to drinks and appetizers on the patio.

4 Thank ms2258
lausanne suisse
“Location, location, location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Oh, and fabulous food. A great combination.
This restaurant, while pricey, particularly for this area but it is a much needed addition to the upstate restaurant scene. The dining room is a bit noisy, but comfortable. The owners have done a great job creating a wonderful menu, and welcoming ambiance. It is possible to arrive by boat although they no longer take reservations for the dock so you won't know until you get there whether there is any dock space available - an unfortunate change.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Sophisticated food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant while walking through the town of Bolton Landing one afternoon. The entrance to this "Chatheau" is at rear of the property and during daylight hours you can see an intimate yard set up with fire pits and surrounding outdoor seating. We immediately requested reservations for that evening and the manager Doug was more than happy to accommodate us. At night, a candlelit porch invites guests into a well appointed French country dining room that excites the senses with its romantic fireplace and gorgeously upholstered furniture. While we started with pre-dinner cocktails made by a very friendly Freddie, we were greeted by the executive Chef, Michael, who provided recommendations for the evenings meal. We took those suggestions and had the wood fired little neck clams and the Hudson Valley Foie gras. Both outstanding and memorable. Next was the Halibut and Filet Mignon. Again, sublime. For such a new establishment, this place knocked it out of the park for us. We loved it so much, we went back the very next night. This time we had a very similar experience, however, with an overly boisterous owner working the room, it made for a less palatable evening. But don't let that detract you from visiting this diamond in the Lake George rough.

• Visited August 2013