Pumpernickel's Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2012

First off the service was very good. The waitresses were very attentive and did an excellent job taking care of us. The food was top notch & the portions large. I had the sauebraten/schweinbraten combo, which I thoroughly enjoyed & as a big eater I left stuffed. I definitely recommend Pumpernickel's to anyone in the Lake George area as I think they were the best place we ate there. My only disappointment was that the amazing cookoo clock was not functioning.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Although we have passed this restaurant numerous times it was the first time we had ever eaten there. Food was very good (we had the veal, chicken, pork schnitzle). Small salad bar but good. Very nice inside decor and atmosphere, especially the large cuckoo clock. Don't skip the apple strudel---Fantastic!! Service was excellent!!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Greetings,
We recently had dinner at Pumpernickels as we have been visting the Lake George area fore the past 30 years. We have gone to this restaurant at least once a year for the last 10 years or longer.
We were treated terribly by the Chef/Owner when we sent our Filets back because they were raw. He was determined to tell me how to order my meat and then got mad when I told him that it was sent back twice for being raw. He then informed me that I should order my meat well done and he grabbed my plate and removed it from the table.
He was very rude and we will not be going back because of the owner, NO CLASS! I felt sorry for the nice waitress and made sure her tip did not reflect the owner’s arrogance.
Good Food bad managment!

4  Thank BrianB634
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This reasturant is run by a tyrant he is bossy, tough, and demanding of his staff and it shows.
The place is run like a tight ship, it is clean, great service, and absolutly delisious food.
I am a little German after eating here I feel Very German.
Great selection of Craft German beers, I recommend the mayers platter for 2!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

The menu was varied, service was prompt and friendly and the food delicious. Hearty German fare at its best!