“GREAT GERMAN FOOD!!!!!!!!!!”

bolton landing
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT GERMAN FOOD!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This reasturant is run by a tyrant he is bossy, tough, and demanding of his staff and it shows.
The place is run like a tight ship, it is clean, great service, and absolutly delisious food.
I am a little German after eating here I feel Very German.
Great selection of Craft German beers, I recommend the mayers platter for 2!

Visited August 2012

NYC
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The menu was varied, service was prompt and friendly and the food delicious. Hearty German fare at its best!

Visited August 2012
Lake George, New York
“Very good food”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I was in the mood for something a little different so stopped here as I have not been here in a few years. The food was quite good overall. A little disappointed in the salad bar but that wasn't a big deal as it was not the salad I was craving. The schnitzel is what I wanted and it was quite good, as was the escargot appetizer. I admit I have had better schnitzel but heading back to Berlin Germany wasn't really in the time budget. The atmosphere is OK, but you really don't feel like you are in Bavaria despite the music and cuckoo clock. I will go back, prices are a tad hefty I believe but still worth the price for the quality.

• Visited August 2012
Canada
“Bring your appetite”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We just returned from our first trip to Lake George. We were pleasantly surprised to find a German restaurant in nearby Bolton Landing. When we first walked in, the hostess and servers were waiting and greeted us warmly. This was a sign of good things to come. The menu is authentic and there are many dishes from which to choose. Our group had the cordon bleu schnitzel, goulasch, rouladen, and a mixed grill with steak, pork chop, schnitzel and sausage (only recommended for big eaters!) The sides we had included spatzle, potatoes fried with onion and bacon, and red cabbage. Be forewarned though - the portions are huge, so make sure you come with an appetite, especially since the meal also includes soup and a salad bar. There is a varied selection of European lagers and ales. Sadly, I can't comment on the desserts because we simply didn't have room for any after our meal! They did look fantastic, though. The restaurant was very clean, the service was friendly and professional and we were very impressed. We recommend Pumpernickel's highly and would definitely return for a little taste of Germany.

• Visited July 2012
Rego Park, New York
“The Pumpernickel”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

It was the worst GERMAN Restaurant we have been to. Their Wiener Schnizel was terrible, salad was soggy, service was horrible. The Schnizel was not breaded at all and the meat was tough. We will not go back to them & particularly we will NOT recommend them to any of our
friends!!! Gertrude & Hans