“Being a business owner I can see how...”

Cate's Italian Garden
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cate's is located in the quaint town of Bolton Landing summer months are bustling with tourists from all over! Reserve your table for dinner either on our patio or inside dining we have a full service bar. Also our pizza cafe' next door offers just pizza, calzones, and salads.
New York City, New York
“Being a business owner I can see how...”
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Being a business owner I can see how others can try to bring down a rating online becuase other local places get bad reviews. Have been a part time resident to the area all my life, very rare to find a good restaurant up here. However cates has been a consistan winner with us. It does get busy during peak times and naturally it takes longer than others sometimes, but the food is always excellent, service above satisfactory, and if you hang toward the end of the night you get to meet a hard working owner that cares about his customers. Do not pass this up.

1 Thank kazu79

NYC
“Great food & good friends”
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Cate's has been a family favorite of ours for many years, actually since my first trip to the lake. This place has never let us down. The quality has always been good. The staff has always been very courteous and attentive especially with our little ones as well some of our finky friends with strict diets and food allergies. I have not been there during high season, I prefer to go when it's quiet. I can assure you that during slow times many restaurants close early or are closed for the season.

I highly recommend the lasagna, it's absolutely delish.....

I will be going there later this month and can't wait to go to one of our all time favorites.

1 Thank vwvw888
“busy and food above average”
Reviewed September 16, 2009

a very busy place in season. good choices for families or elders alike. well prepared stuff but you wont find alot of experimentation. crowded but not lots of choices in town that work.

1 Thank sck1
buffalo ny
“I felt like I was eating on an assembly line!! plop down their plates, grab that cash & seat the next table of suckers!”
Reviewed August 23, 2009

The service was terrible/our waitress made a rude comment when she almost tripped over a bag (there was no place to set it since we were seated at a crowded table!
Pasta was sticky,not enough sauce.
Wine servings were the equivalent of a wine tasting;
It should be noted we have eaten at Cates many times in the last 3-5 years 7 the service was excellent as well as the food.
Cates, if you are listening, bring back the ever attentive male waiters & fire the chef!!!

Chicago, Illinois
“bad experience...”
Reviewed July 20, 2009

One night my family and I decided we wanted pizza...we have heard of Cate's pizza in town and we decided we should try it. We got our pizza and immediately started digging in. My mother was very unlucky to have found a twist tie in her slice of pizza...this was by far the worst thing that could of happened, she could have choked on it. i do not suggest eating here because of this terrible experience we had.